Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best base and top coats

11 posts, 8 members
jalb88
121 posts
Hey lovelies !! Just wanting everyone's opinions on what you find as the best base and top coats ? I'm in need of both and need something that's heavy duty as I often find my nails chip the same or next day after painting them or the polish peels off as one whole piece :( my nail polish colours are mostly opi with a mix of essie/w7/Revlon. I've tried orly bonzer and won't chip and opi rapi dry topcoat with not much luck ! Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm currently using Revlon Color Stay base and top coat, to my knowledge you can buy them at Postie! I find them pretty great, I can get a week without chipping and they don't make my nails peel! And for $8 I'm not complaining! (They have a list of other treatments in this list but its the creamy one next to the top coat :-) ) 
MissQT
1547 posts
I use opi natural base coat and opi top coat. Both are really good and the top coat give your nails a really good shine. My nail polish (usually opi, sally Hansen or orly) will last about a week. Sally Hansen also have a good top coat, the diamond shine one I think. You could also try gel type polishes (the ones hay don't need a light), as I didn't these last about 10 days before chipping. Sally Hansen had a great one.
Kimrose
1419 posts
I use a lot of the Revlon Gels. I find they dry quite quickley and with the gel top coat for me they will last about a week. Half way through the week I will give my nails another top coat to freshen up the shone. I work in retail and it is pretty hard on nails,and I think at the moment they are on special at Unichem pharmacies.  
Macs
5351 posts
At the moment I've only tried La Colours Top coat and Revlon Gel. Both perfomed well as a top coat. Never tried a base coat before. I would love to try those suggestions out . 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I usually use one that can be used as both a bottom and top coat. I think OPI is the best one I've tried but Orly and Sally Hansen worked as well. 
jalb88
121 posts
Thanks for the suggestions ladies! Do you know if you can use gel base and top coats with non-gel polish? If so I think that may be the way to go for my ever-chipping nails !!
MissQT
1547 posts
I use my normal opi base coat under all polishes (including the gel type ones). The gel top coat is also fine to use over other polishes.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I do like OPI top coat and base coat. Good thread to trying out other brand top and base coat.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I use a gel topcoat with non-gel polish and it's fine. I like the Sally Hansen Miracle gel one, or the regular old OPI top coat.
jalb88
121 posts
Thanks ladies ! Looks like a trip to farmers is in order ! Think I'll try a gel base and top coats - now to stalk all the reviews to find the best brand !!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!