Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Benefit Browbar. . .

16 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
so I finally did this today after the whole winter of growing my brows in and using the BDB pencil and brow gel to keep them in check.  SO STOKED.  Seems like you can go from thinner brows to fuller ones again :D  It's a simple tint, tidy and shape but yay.

Is anyone else a fan of the Benefit Browbar?  I love Benefit products and really wanted to give the brow bar a go.  So pleased they lived up to my hopes :)
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I've been wanting to try them so my brows might look somewhat similar to each other and have a proper defined shape but the idea of letting them grow wildly for a while is a bit scary!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha true that Christine.  I think I went March to September and all I let myself do was tweeze any that were growing a mile away from the main brow.  Took ages to feel comfortable with it and be able to look at them objectively lol
MareeB
5241 posts
Um..I don't know what the Benefit Browbar is? yeah, our thyroids will keep thinning our brows out Trudi. My therapist has been trying to get mine to thicken - they're better than they were but still have a way to go.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Awesome Trudi! I would love to go to one if we had Benefit in town. Although I'm happy we don't as I would spend so much money!!!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Wish i had a benefit near by aswell KirstyJ, have always wanted to get my brows shaped! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'd love to have enough brow hair to be warrant a visit to the brow bar let alone live near one lol
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I have been to the one in CHCH twice now and I have to say.............. I am NOT a fan, well maybe just the girl doing it but its very expensive for what it is and my eyebrows are so uneven right now, even products make it hard to make them match. 

I wanted to love it but im not sure i would go back? maybe if I request a different therapist?

on a good note my thicker good eyebrow looks great lol
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I went to the Auckland one once and had a pleasant enough experience, the girl was nice and listened to what I wanted. Unfortunalty I react to all waxes and am not close enough to warrant a trip to auckland for my brows every few weeks! 

Glad you had a positive experience! Getting the brows done is always terrifying when its someone new, almost on par with having my hair dyed
Ringy
825 posts
I usually go to a benefit brow bar when I go on holidays- because no matter where I live there never seems to be one close by. They just seem to always get it right.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I haven't been to one before. I have a close friend in dunedin that used to train beauty therapists. She does my brows from home and she's now set up to do it in people's homes. She's a perfectionist!
Macs
5351 posts
Haven't tried that . My eye brows are thick . I'm going to get them shaped soon. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I've been growing my brows out for the last at least 6 months too! I fnally gave them a good pluck the other day. I think they have gotten a bit thicker, not major but I think they suit my face shape a lot better. It feels so good to have them cleaned up too.
I'd love to live in a bigger city where we had brow bars, for a second I thought you were talking about a product and I got confused lol.
RachLouise
218 posts
I haven't tried the Benefit Brow Bar before but I am a big fan of Benefit products too! I can imagine it being wonderful though!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah this girl was in Auckland at the Newmarket one and it was a fantasctic experience.  While I was waiting I got signed up to a preview event of their Xmas kits (and I bet I'll buy one haha) and played with the products and chatted with the girls, and then it seriously only took her 15 minutes to tint and shape my brows.  She explained and consulted through the whole appointment and - although she was moving fast - it didn't feel rushed or like she was just working through 'another set of brows' - she was super friendly and professional.  Took the time to point out where my natural brows began, arched and ended, and to explain product types that would work well (not just from her range).  It was $39, which I thought was fine for the service I got, which included a makeup touch up to cover the waxed area as well.

What's more... I haven't reacted to the wax, and i *always* react to wax.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I decided to go and review it as a salon review and it seems salon reviews don't count towards your review total, which is interesting!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!