Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beautylish goodie bag

25 posts, 9 members
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Since I did my first Beautylish order the other day, they have just sent me an email to go on the list for this year's goodie bag. I think I'm going to have to resist but is anyone getting one this year?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I got a really good Beautylish goodie bag last year and I was really happy with what I got. However, this year I have other things I need to get over the after Christmas and Boxing Day Sales so I won't be participating this year. But would love to see what other people get in their goodie bags if they order one.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm pretty sure the Lush Boxing Day sale is going to wipe me out anyway lol. 
Julieal
915 posts
So many temptations this time of year -If you do get it let us know what you got.
Kimrose
1416 posts
Lush Boxing day sale, oh I remember that one fondly :]
trudijoy
8375 posts
i almost always am up north for the start of the Lush sale, which isn't a terrible thing or i'd #buyallthethings lol
tannygirl
3392 posts
I haven't participated enough in Lush Boxing Day sales. But would anyone know if they do 50% on their bestsellers as well sometimes? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, they do sometimes put some of their regular lines in the Lush Boxing Day sale, Tannygirl. It depends what stock they've got that's nearing its expiry dates. I bought about six King of Skins a couple of years ago and other stuff to last me the year (which back fired as Lush released so much new stuff that I also wanted to try that year)

Apparently last year it was mostly the xmas stock which upset a lot of people. I was in Cuba with no internet access so I didn't partake at all. 
Imoshen
461 posts
I purchased a Lucky Bag from Beautylish.com which arrived last Friday and I was thrilled with what I got.  When I added it all up it came to around USD192.

Let's see:

LE Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette (Glow) - USD75
Wayne Goss Eye Smugder No 20 - USD22
LE Jeffree Star Velour Lipstick in Daddy - USD18
RMS Master Mixer Highlighter - USD38
The Ordinary High Performance Primer - USD4.90
Skindinavia Finishing Spray Full Size - USD39

So that makes birthday presents and Christmas presents for the end of the year all sorted out!

I would definitely buy another one.
Koni
444 posts
That's a great bag Imoshen - it's almost a full face of products!!! I've signed up for the Lucky Bag again I love not knowing what I'm getting. Having said that Beautylish and BBBE are the only places I trust with those surprises.

This year I received:

Jouer Skinny Dip eyeshadow palette
Becca Highlighter in Prosecco Pop
Inglot Cream eyeshadow
OCC Liquid Lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Bag
Wayne Goss Brush 12
Hylamide Blur Primer

Since I bought this for myself I have to rehome 2 of the same item types for the makeup items I keep as part of my declutter journey. After analysing my collection (i.e. putting on my big girl pants) I'm only keeping the last 2 items which I'm happy about because I know I'll use them.
Imoshen
461 posts
Oh you should definitely keep that Becca Highlighter!  It's sooooooooooo nice :).
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
What are these Lucky bags you are referring to? They sound interesting although not sure if I would use them all.
Imoshen
461 posts
I'm not sure how long it has been running but it seems each year Beautylish.com allows you to sign up to receive notification of their Lucky Bags.

They appear to be released for purchase on 26th December and sent out on 12th January.  This year they cost USD75 plus USD15 for shipping (so in total USD90) and you are promised to receive at LEAST USD150 worth of product in each Lucky Bag.

You can sign up for the notification here.

Usually I'm a bit dubious about these things but Beautylish has been an amazing company with all my purchases and figured I would give it a go.  I was pleasantly surprised to receive what I got as I had looked at purchasing that Charlotte Tilbury palette when it was released :). 
Macs
5351 posts
I’m so envious of you ladies. They look gorgeous. I missed out on that as I was doing lots of overtime at work.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks heaps, just signed up but yikes the next one is in 2019 ha ha ha, that is a long time to wait lol. Excited though :-)

What do you lovelies usually buy on there? I saw Jeffree Star products that I'm swooning over but trying to be a good girl and pan my other lip products first lol.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh my gosh mumof3, I've just remembered I promised to look for Ciate glitter flips for you today! I completely forgot sorry! I was so hot and bothered in Wellington today - even the wind was hot! Will try again for you on Saturday!
Koni
444 posts
Ohhhhh it's very tempting Imoshen but I already own one of the Champagne Splits that has it. I don't need the full size (I'll continue to repeat that until I believe it haha).

Mumof3munchkins I mainly buy Natasha Denona, Charlotte Tilbury, Wayne Goss and The Ordinary :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha all good worldofsooziewong xxx 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh they sound lovely Koni. What do you think of The Ordinary products? Have you done any reviews on them yet? x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've only bought The Ordinary from Beautylish but was really impressed with both the products and Beautylish themselves. I have reviewed any of the products as the ones I've got are not listed on here. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Any specific The Ordinary product that stood out for you i.e. really good results etc?
Imoshen
461 posts
Koni I know how you feel.  I have several Bobbi Brown hightlighters and those things take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to pan so it'll be forever till I get to my Becca Highlighters.  I shall have to cheat.

Mumof3 I love your profile pic, it's so cute!  Back to topic, for me the products from The Ordinary that I love the most are: 

The Buffet
Marula Oil - this stuff is amazing!  I find it better than Rose Hip Seed Oil
Lactic Acid 5%
Niaciniamide + Zinc
Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% (this is great if you want to use Vitamin C but not have that stinging sensation and it is quite moisturising too).
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Awww thanks Imoshen xxxx I was playing around with my phone and only just found out you could add little ears and noses to your pictures ha ha ha.

Oh love the sound of the Marula oil, especially as I am a massive fan of rosehip oil. Might have to pan the ones I have first and then add that one to my wishlist.  Thanks hun x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm loving Buffet and use it twice a day. I'm finding in this hot weather its all I need to put on my skin at night after cleansing and toning. Also love the glycolic toner - it's a good dupe for Pixi glow tonic. I've also got the peel which works well. I just don't find it as luxurious to use as my favourite Ren glycolactic mask (but the Ren costs about seven times as much!)

I also got the serum foundation but only switched it on the back of my hand and the colour was way too dark for me. I've heard the Marula oil is a good dupe for the Drunk Elephant one (which I've sampled and it's lovely), again, at a fraction of the cost. 
Koni
444 posts
I like The Ordinary products they're a great price point and they get the job done. I have sensitive skin so I used the products sparingly and initially they performed really well but over time (2 months) they broke me out. I only buy the High Adherence primer now. I'll be reviewing 2 of them this weekend :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!