Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty product lists

20 posts, 14 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
Does anyone have a written list, be it hand or digital of what shades of a certain brand you have so that when you come to purchase another one you don't double up.

I'm normally list obsessed but after ordering a double up of a MUG shadow I realised that I only have listed of what I want to purchase not what I already have.

Spent the weekend writing up my MUG shadows and MAC lipsticks so that I don't double up again.  I keep seeing swatches for MAC rebel and although the name rings to me as I have it, something else was screaming at me that I didn't, so now I know. 

Nerdy? probably hehehe
Koni
444 posts
Not nerdy at all hehe especially if it saves you from wasting money on something you already have! I have a digital list of my lipsticks because that's the only product type I really struggle remembering.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I can totally see why you need a list Kirsty! Your makeup is amazing! I don't do lists. I just walk over to where I keep it hehe joys of not working
trudijoy
8375 posts
before I got my storagey organisey thing i needed to write a list but now everything is easy to see I'm all good :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I'm such a duh head I'd forget the list
a good idea xx
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Ohhh Chickoboo I've seen this type of list you maybe referring to or pondering about to know what you have in your makeup stock. There's an app where you can arrange your makeup online & refer back to it & also people can see what you have. You arrange it on shelves online of course & you just take photos of each item & organise it accordingly. This may be right up you alley especially bc you blog& have a YouTube channel. I saw this on one of my subscriptions channels. I go check her name out & the app name &get; back to you with it. :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Righto the Tuber is Ashley Elizabeth and the apps name is Snupps watch her video about how she organizes her makeup sorry I'm still being a duh about the tidy linking ;)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My collection of products is actually quite small so i don't have this issue yet! But just the other day i brought a cleanser, and got home and realised i already had it.. whoops!
Macs
5351 posts
My collection is very small, but I do need to write a list because I keep buying the same colour tones for lipsticks lol.
alikat
423 posts
Usually I remember every single thing of makeup I own. But with the *cough* recent addition of the uber mega epic haul *cough* I'm thinking its going to get hard from now on... I usually do keep photos of my collection on my iPhone though.
DianaN
143 posts
This is a great idea - but I don't really have this problem since my collection is tiny. It is growing though so this may be useful soon..
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ooohh K3ri that sounds awesome I'll be keen to hear what it's called
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
The app is called Snupps the Tuber is Ashley Elizabeth. She has a wee review of it on her channel. Its something she can share with social media thru IG & fb but look her up when you're able to. Quite interesting x
MareeB
5241 posts
I don't do lists of what I have, but I do lists of what I want!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I do this with my Gianni Rotti single eyeshadows and my Make Up Revolution palettes. Oh and my LA Girl Matte glosses. And I definitely need to do that with my Max Factor lippies. Now you've got me stressing out Chik!!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Oh no and my Essence Nude glosses!!
Rezee
1964 posts
I ont have a list but I think its a good idea. Even if you use it not only to avoid duplicates but to avoid dupes of different brands and too many of one specific thing.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Chikoboo I've just gone into the app store and uploaded th app it looks like fun & you can share your own page via any media source it's user friendly & can be followed and follow others.. Snupps. It's not limited to makeup there's all sorts clothing,hats,collectibles,shoes & much more it's basically a virtual organising app to share or to browse to gain inspo or be inspo whilst at the sametime being super listed with your own makeup or interest hobbies.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I don't have a list as such but I do utilise the BR Products I want section.  There are so many things on there that I want to try or sometimes I will put something on there because I'm waiting for a review to be written so I can see what you lovelies think about it.  Its so handy, and I can always access it.  If I had a list, I would end up losing it as I have done in the past lol
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Maree ah I'm the same 
yes lists of what I want or need not what I've got xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!