Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty points

42 posts, 17 members
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've just been reading through the site FAQs in preparation for the vault. It says we receive 10 points for reviewing a trial product sent to us. Is this correct? I always thought it was 50 points. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
def used to be more, i think it was forty for those under a certain age and fifty for those over or something.

Makes me feel better about not getting to trial things since the panel started ;)

*has almost 6000 points so first world problems anyway
JessB
219 posts
That is quite a big change - but then again I understand it, you are getting the free product without paying shipping or anything. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think the different points for different age groups was when you recommended a friend? It was to attract older age groups? I've noticed that most of the trials I get on are for anti-ageing 
products lol. So I guess it really does depend on whether you fit the target group that the product is aimed at.

Wow, 6,000 points! I have a mere fraction of that. I hope the reviews I'm frantically doing get approved on time for Saturday. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, getting any points for a product you receive for free anyway is a bonus. Just wanting to check it is correct. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah the referral bonus was more for a person above a certain age - has that one changed?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah just one set of points for referrals now. It's in the FAQs at the bottom of the page. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Also says 5 points for commenting on an article or poll but I seem to only be getting the usual 2?
Macs
5351 posts
I'm sitting on 9,000. Plenty to burn in the vault. I didn't notice the changes in points.
JessB
219 posts
It's overall a lot harder to keep up with point counting for me. Might take some experimenting and getting used to. I'm also getting 2 points per article comment. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
I think its fair enough about trial products only receiving 10pts as we are getting the privilege of trying them for free. I'm also only getting 2 pts for each article comment?
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Wow that's definitely dropped but I get it too.  I am still only getting 2 ponts for commenting on articles too so I am all a bit confused.  Hopefully Nat or Kellie will explain it to my confuzzled brain.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Wow Macs 9000pts, good work!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh yea, never noticed that. I thought we always got 2 points for article comments and forum posts? Can't keep up with all these changes!! (but changes are good, I'm just too slow)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I thought it was 50 points for reviewing a trial product, 15 for placing a review on an existing product in the database and 2 for commenting or forum posts. I haven't been on a trial team yet this year so I could be wrong. Though, to be fair I often choose not to put my hand up for a lot of trial because I just feel that someone else would enjoy it more and there are limited spots. It used to be 100 points for a trial product back a couple years back. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's what I remember them being too, Tannygirl. Although I can't remember it ever being 100 points for trials so must've been in the early days of BR. 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
good spotting! It definitely used to be more for a trial product, but I too think the points side of this is secondary to being able to get a product & try it for free.

I like the 'refer' new points - get these new members fully engaged and reviewing! I know of one lovely lady, (not my referral) who thought she could only review trial products!

Also I too am currently getting 2 points per article comment, and while I don't have as many points as others, I have a few and am looking forward to Saturday!
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey all,

To answer your question... Yes, it's two points per comment and 10 points per review. 

If anyone feels they're missing out on panel reviews - we've over one thousand people on the panel, and within that we have to apply the rules around ensuring their profile matches the product.

Any other questions? Holler out!

JessB
219 posts
Thanks Head Pixie for the clarification!
trudijoy
8375 posts
So you guys have explained Kellie and i'm not so much complaining about missing out (lord knows i've been lucky in that respect!) as a bit confused because i thought the panel was supposed to be providing those considered good enough for it with MORE chances to review. I did get one offer, but it was for something I didn't put my hand up for and was concerned about using so I declined, I guess that was my chance.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what's in this vault! :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks for the clarification Head Pixie! I see the FAQs have been updated. Are referral points no longer a thing now? 

I got that impression too, Trudi, when the panel was first announced. Still, I'm grateful for any trial I receive. Bring on the vault!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I think there still are referral points, on my profile page I can see this copy and paste link for referring people. And above that it says "Share the BR love, send this link to a friend, and if they sign up you get up to 40 Beauty Points" Could be wrong though, I haven't referred anyone for ages.

First Lady
957 posts
Hey everyone,

Right lets sort this points thing so we can focus on the vault and this week's trial teams and comps.

Points were set to change with the site revamp which is why the FAQs were changed, but it looks like the changes weren't actioned or copied over from one of the staging / beta sites.  Looks like we all missed that!

We'll get the boys on to it once the vault is out of the way, we'd rather focus our attention on that being successful than the points changes.  Open to being persuaded the other way though ;)

So just to clarify - the old points system has been in place continuously, despite the FAQ change, so yes you won't have been receiving 5 points instead of 2 points for article commenting, but trial team products are still being rewarded with 50 points so swings and roundabouts really.  

Rest assured we'll let you know when points have been adjusted properly :)

Emily-jane
314 posts
Thanks for the clarifying that for us Nat :)
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Thanks Nat!

swings and roundabouts - this is still the website that gives me the most - trial products, rewards points, and probably of most value are the articles and reviews from other members!
JessB
219 posts
Definitely agree with QweenKaren - this is my favourite site to be a part of! And you guys are doing such an amazing job of making it enjoyable and very very rewarding.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I take the 'don't look, don't count,' approach and then I get a lovely surprise when I remember to check my points before the vault. I currently have more than I could possibly spend as I missed a few of the vaults and picked up a few items in one of them. Bring on Saturday! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
tbh chelsea i can't say i pay that much attention either!

Side note - this might have already been mentioned, but around how long will it take for reviews to be approved (provided they meet standard)? :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mine have been moderated very quick Trudi. It took a day :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
cool - i did one yesterday and a couple today, and will have more to do (doesn't matter if those are post vault, just gradually working through a list!) - so just curious :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am home sick today from work so doing some myself. I suspect it may be a busy week for reviews :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup and i know the moderation standards will be pretty good, so there might be a few people who rush them and regret it as well!
Emily-jane
314 posts
Mine took about a day too which I thought was super quick considering the number of reviews that must be coming through at the moment. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
and (as an ex-teacher) i know how painful moderation and checking can be! A day or so is very quick turnaround indeed
First Lady
957 posts
Usually I'd say 24-72 hours but given the nature of the site and what we do, for example vault week/vault pack out, or the week of a BBBE release things will slow things down - we very much have a 'all hands on deck' regime during these times, so Mia will be pulled away from moderating.  

But hopefully pretty quickly :)

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey Nat. Just so you know when you click on the vault it says preview is wed and thurs and the other ad says wed and fri :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks nat - busy couple weeks at BRHQ!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
eek so excited for the vault and I love we get to preview but I'm more of a 'like to be surprised girl' makes it even more exciting.

I don't really check or count my points if I'm honest, I tend to really only take notice when it's Vault time ha ha ha.

There's so much going on all the time so usually get lost in all the other amazing things going on.

Hope you lovelies at BR are getting your wine and cups of tea ready to relax with when it's all over xxx
littleparadise
178 posts
Thanks for clearing this up! You all deserve a beverage this weekend BRHQ
Kimrose
1415 posts
So much happening! We are busy, BR girls are busy and we are all hyped up for the vault! Too exciting in our Beauty Review world. Good luck to all of us!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I just noticed, and it may have been mentioned already, but trial reviews are now more noticeable as they now have a little afternote after the review! So handy!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, I've noticed that and like it too.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!