Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

27 posts, 25 members
shanley
23 posts
Hi lovelys :) so I'm looking for some new beauty hacks to share around! With facial care, makeup, anything! 
Here are a few of mine 
1. Put an ice cube into a cloth and rub over large pores before your daily makeup routine, this helps reduce the size of them
2. If you have pimples, just mix baking soda& a little bit of water into a paste and apply to area for roughly 10 minutes, rinse off and then sleep, this makes your face so soft! And minimises pimples so quickly! (May make face a little dry)
3. If you're in a rush, you can use mascara as eyeliner! Just get up close into your water line! 
4. Do you find that your lipsticks come off too fast? Well once you've applied it, seperate the layers of a tissue and put one layer onto your lips, lightly dust your lips over top with a translucent powder! Lengthens the staying power!
5. if you want long, thick looking eyelashes, dip a cotton swab into baby powder and run it across your lashes after a coat of mascara, then put on your second coat 
6. For perfect winged eyeliner, use either tape. Lined from your bottom lashes to the end of
uoir brow, or use a spoon! (You use the handle in the same direction as the tape, and then the rounded edge of the spoon to draw the shape going back towards the eye)
Id love to hear everyone's beauty hacks/ tips and tricks! :) 
cushlaH5
178 posts
love beauty hacks! i do the lipstick one frequently and i used to do the tape and liner one when i first started out. i think i'll try the ice cube trick. sounds very interesting!
Shazzaali
45 posts
Love the tips. Thank you for sharing :) I do the mascara one often when I dont feel like wearing any eyeliner.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I don't have any to add that I can think of right now but I second the apply, blot, reapply method!
PaigeC
194 posts
The translucent powder hack with the lipstick is awesome! Will have to try that
accidentprone_x
845 posts
So want to try that lipstick hack
teeshm
4 posts
Definitely trying a few of those hacks! Using baking soda as a face scrub is amazing, I do it everytime I have a break out and it clears up super fast.
Manda129
419 posts
Some great hacks :) Will have to try 

I always pop saline solution into your mascara if its starting to go a bit dry 

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ah good idea.

When I can't fit much make up in my purse I take a red lipstick, concealer, vaseline (in a tiny sample pot) and black eyeliner.
I often make the black and red bold to draw attention away from my skin, but what I also do is dab a little lipstick on my cheeks and blend well to create a blush. I also softly apply the eyeliner and blend in to create a grey/black eye shadow. The concealer is used as normal and the vaseline is used to either make the lipstick look like a gloss, use instead of a lipgloss or apply to any dry areas of skin as an emergency moisturiser.
Bluebirdme
18 posts
this is great thanks for this i am going to use some of these .
it is great reading things like this
Macs
5351 posts
Heres a couple I've tested.
1. When applying mascara place a spoon over your eye lid to stop the mascara from getting on your eye lid.
2. Place a teaspoon in the freezer over night. First thing in thd morning when eyes are puffy place spoon over eye lid to minimise puffiness.
3. Hash tag sign drawn on eyes lid corner with eye liner then blended out.
4. Parted hairline colour the line in with brown eye liner pencil.
5. Winged eyeliner . Place a spoon diagonally across the eye lid and draw with eye liner to get a perfect line.
These are just some that I've used.
littleparadise
178 posts
Love beauty hacks! 

- Light haired girls can use cornflour for dry shampoo
- Conditioner on legs/armpits as a shaving cream leaves them silky smooth as it moisturises while softens hairs
- Check your make up in natural lighting after applying so you don't have any obvious lines or over highlighted cheeks etc.
- If you love a certain mascara brush REUSE it! Clean it throughly and pop it into your new mascara as it will have the same twist top threads :) 
- Honey and lemon removes blackheads, (tried and true method) place honey on affected areas let set for a couple of minutes then rub a lemon cut in half in small circular motions and hey presto! Blackheads be gone!
- Avocado and egg white hair mask will leave your hair so shiny it will be reflecting light!

These are my favourites!

Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Love reading through these beauty hacks, and although i dont have any to contribute for the time being, looks like i have a lot of tips and tricks to try out!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Ooh interesting, I'm gonna bookmark this page for future reference :) Not sure if it been mentioned but put a metal teaspoon in the freezer over night and press on your puffy under eye bags will help refuge the swelling. 
Lutece
1849 posts
These are fantastic!! I like to use a cheap toothbrush to exfoliate my lips before applying lipstick
shanley
23 posts
Definitley going to try out all these new hacks! Yay!
I have a couple more, if you get makeup on your shirt collar, grab some  shaving cream and wipe the makeup away with a damp cloth :)
If you need your nailpolish to dry faster, dip it in ice water or use a hair dryer :)
and if you want gel eyeliner but don't have any, grab a eyeliner pencil heat over a lighter for around 15 seconds and take off (let cool a little) and it'll give the thickness/ look etc of a a gel eyeliner!
MillXhodia
136 posts
Keep your nail polish in the fridge. It applies alot smoother and makes it last longer as it doesnt dry out.  I do get asked all the time about it as i have a few in there now haha
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I don't have any tips to contribute but am loving this thread, thanks so much for sharing ladies!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Ooo awesome tips. Thanks for sharing.
ashconnor93
14 posts
I drink alot of green tea so i like to use the tea bag as a face scrub or body scrub!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Mix 1tsp of sugar with a few drops of olive oil for a cheap and effective lip scrub (that lasts a few applications). I scrub my lips with it every other day to buff off any dead skin to ensure a smooth canvas for lippy application.
On the same note, if you suffer from dry lips, always put vaseline (or whatever lip balm you prefer) on your lips before bed as well, 
chandra
2 posts
Honey with some brown or raw sugar makes a fabulous and yummy natural facial exfoliation scrub. Tends to be sticky but makes your skin feel wonderful afterwards! :) Loving all the other tips and tricks on this post! Must try some. :)
Mila
1209 posts
I had forgotten about honey !. Thanks Chandra.  Honey used to be my saviour for my skin :)
Lutece
1849 posts
ooooh the honey and brown sugar scrub sounds amazing I'll be giving that a go this week :)
melly650
375 posts
I don't have anything to contribute either but I will definitely keep some of these in mind! This has to be a permanent thread!

shazatron101
5112 posts
I really like using body scrubs but never have any on hand, so I mix brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa, coffee granules and oil together. It smells so good and my skin is always left so lovely and soft! 
Aw thanks for the eyeliner one i needed that haha. I use tape but never heard about the spoon! But one of mine are that i shave my legs and tgen use coffee scrub and thrn moisturise which makes my legs smoothand soft. Everyone asks what moisturiser i use but i use a normal nivea butbthey dont kknow i scrub. Also if you use liquid eyeliner just go over it with baby powder and it lasts longer tooo

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!