Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

19 posts, 10 members
MareeB
5241 posts
I've just recently started eating avocados for the first time in my life, and I've just this minute noticed that my nails look really shiney! has anyone else noticed great beauty effects from eating avos?
Macs
5351 posts
I love Avos especially in my salad or sushi. I find mine always turn too fast for me. My kids beg me to make my guacamole every time they see them. I haven't noticed any health benefits yet.
MissQT
1547 posts
I've heard that avocados are good for you (the oil in avocados, like the oil in salmon). But I've been eating avocados for a while now so I can't tell what difference it's made! I just eat them because I love to eat them, they don't really have a strong taste, and it's a bonus that it's good for you beauty wise haha. I think I once did an avocado face mask a while back too. Really good for dry skin.
trudijoy
8375 posts
avocado is one of my main fave diet foods, it's a good fat (that burns other fat!) and it's SO FREAKING good for you.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have never noticed that Maree but I probably haven't been eating enough of them to make a huge difference.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I do enjoy eating them and having them in salads and there was a time when I was having some in salads everyday. I can't say I saw a difference beauty wise though. Though my current fave skincare supplement does have a few mg of avocado oil in it. 
Ringy
825 posts
how many/much do you eat to notice the difference? 
Macs
5351 posts
I'm not sure how much. Do you know Maree? I just picked some up tonight to go in my daily salad.
MareeB
5241 posts
I have a half one every morning (I'm on a calorie restricted diet so 1/2 is all I can manage). I'm surprised at the difference.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yusssss I love avocado. It is packed full of goodness and helps give us great hair and skin too. I eat half one everyday. I love it squished on freyas with tomato and cracked pepper...mmmmmm.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
If you need to ripen one then pop it in a brown paper bag with a banana :-)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Good choice for Avo I too like it smashed on toast pepeer and rock salt on top and some cherry tomatoes if decadent I have 2 avo trees growing my garden however they take 9 years before they fruit
MareeB
5241 posts
Do they really take 9 years??? I don't think they'd grow down here, it's not warm enough. They're probably more expensive here too. At the moment you can get them for 3 for $2.50, but they're usually much more spensy than that - if you can get them at all.I'm making the most of it while I can :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Wow that is expensive Maree. I just got a bag of 5 for $3. They will get cheaper and cheaper. I would love an avo tree!
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah it's true Maree it's takes that long to grow. My mum grew a tree from seed.  
MareeB
5241 posts
I'd love a tree too but I don't think I want to wait 9 years for it :)
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm the same Maree, I love the idea of growing fruit and vegetables but when it comes to it I'm not sure how long I could keep it up for. Nine years is too long haha
Julieal
915 posts
Advocado's are so good for you and a good fat not a bad one so dieters need to take this into account . Lovely on toast with or without tomato and pepper.
MissQT
1547 posts
And speaking of avocado, I'm having avo and ham on toast for lunch. :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!