Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

13 posts, 10 members
Macs
5351 posts
Hey girls, do you guys celebrate anzac day? What will you be doing? This will be my first time going to a ceremony for my daughters school camp. I'm a bit nervous about it. Im gonna wear a red dress but can't descide on a lipstick shade. What colour shall I go for girls? 
Danni
324 posts
I'm not sure about lipstick shade but I really only celebrated ANZAC day at school now that I'm all grown up I generally work (Oh the joys of being a student in hospitality) But I would like to attend services again...Maybe When I work a normal job :P
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I'm going to the dawn service. Afterwards I will be going to work. I don't see it as celebrating ANZAC day, it's more a day of remembrance for me.
Jesse
745 posts
Dawn service! Requested the day off for it to attend. 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
firstly, you should go for Red lipstick. This is in honour of the women of that era. It was actually advertised for women to show their support of the men at war, to wear red lippie. and they did, with their hair in Victory rolls, even while wearing overalls in their factory jobs.

This ANZAC day we have all three of our girls in the ANZAC parades. Two in the dawn service (1 for ATC & 1 in St John) and all 3 in the second parade at 10:30am. Then we will be off to my partner's play - a WW1 play - in the afternoon.
Danni
324 posts
Qweenkaren That sounds like an amazing way to spend ANZAC day! Your so lucky that your wee family are so heavily involved in this years centenial :)
george
150 posts
I use to be involved in Dawn Services with Girl Guides and School.. I haven't gone to one in years. Really would love to start again but I highly doubt I could get my partner to wake up that early ): 
Macs
5351 posts
Qween Karen, Im going to go with the red as you've suggested. I put two lippys in my overnight bag a nude and a red Australis Velourlips in red. I'm going to try it for the first time tommorow. Im looking forward to my first Anzac Experience.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
QweenKaren what an awesome post of information! That is so wonderful and inspiring. I didn't make the dawn service but might wear red lippie today anyway :-) 
Cesy
162 posts
Oh Macs you are good to dress up- I barely brushed my hair for Dawn Parade! I did put a hat on though, at 5.20 am its still dark and no one can see you!
MareeB
5244 posts
Good on you all for going to the dawn parade - I'm ashamed to say I didn't :(
Macs
5351 posts
I have to say the ceremony was a lovely humbling experience. I'd love to do it again next year. Ps I went with red lips Qween Karen xx Thank u
kirstyj
1732 posts
I went to the dawn service which was incredibly moving. I was so touched by how many people were there, it was so nice to see how many people wanted to commemorate the day. Just lovely.

However there was no lippy or makeup at all involved (or even brushing of hair), the dog had a poo-splosion in her crate overnight which had to be sorted before going. So other than getting clothes on there wasn't time for anything else.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!