Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

20 posts, 15 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
So we've all had the hauls with things we love, but wheres the "love" for the things we don't like? For instance. I bought the Lush Cupcake face mask, as I hadn't tried it and I mean it's Lush. How disappointed could I be!? Heaps. I hate it. It does nothing for my face at all! 

I also really didn't like the Essano gel cleanser, which gave my face uglies - but I liked the fact that the company gave me a full refund for the product. That was kind of them. 

What's on your list? :-) 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
That's much harder than listing what I love.

I don't particularly like Maybelline's liquid lipsticks. They just don't stay on properly.
I also wasn't happy with my Lee Stafford lightening spray, it smells and doesn't really seem to do much lightening.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Off the top of my head Manuka Doctor CC Cream SPF 20. Not exactly cheap. I thought hey it's a great brand, I do like their facial oils and this CC cream has SPF 20, why not? I have used this on days when I have good skin and I look worse with it than barefaced because it has like no coverage and it's greasy on my skin. I'm debating whether to toss this out or give it away. 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I was disappointed about the Frank Body face care pack. I loved the coffee body scrub so I guess I was expecting great things. It had a cleanser, moisturiser and scrub and was for sensitive skin. It actually hurt to use it and made my face a mess. I ended up giving it to a friend that loved it.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Coffee scrubs have been a huge let-down for me and I've tried various brands (they're dry, messy and stain my shower), It's so bad that I now give coffee scrubs away if I'm ever gifted with one and won't buy any more!

My most recent let-down has been The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil - I just don't like it, it doesn't emulsify enough and leaves my shower floor feeling very slippery.  Other cleansing oils haven't done that.  I've even been using it as a pre-shampoo cleanser on my naturally oily hair, just to try and use it up faster! 
MareeB
5244 posts
Yeah, sugar scrubs were a real disappointment to me. I started out loving the Nivea pearls but ended up throwing them out too.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have the same issue with coffee scrubs being too dry - I mean you wet your body in shower but as you're working the water has to go somewhere so you are just doing a dry rub at the end! I'm currently using one that's not on the market - it's not a coffee scrub, it's a sugar scrub, but same deal. It's very delightful. Not harsh scrubby and very moisturizing - makes the shower floor a bit slippery though. 

I didn't like the Nivea In Shower body moisturizer, I had samples of it and I hated it, then we got it again in the BRBB before it was cool and I kinda liked it but neh. I also don't like the Lush ones, they just do nothing for me!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've had such a big clear out recently so I feel like I'm just anti-hauling all over the place.

Coffee scrubs - don't guess what the fuss is about and I was dumb enough to use one of my lovely white fluffy towels afterwards that is now stained and my partner says it looks like a stain from something else brown - not happy.

In shower anything (other than the usuals) - I don't want to moisturise in the shower - it just leaves me greasy. I don't want to use the above coffee scrub and then wait 5 - 10min with it on, I live somewhere freezy and I certainly don't want to wait in the shower 10 - 15min with a wash off tan on!!!

I feel like as I use more and more products I am just getting more cynical ... if you aren't a miracle worker you aren't staying!!!
Macs
5351 posts
I just finished doing a big clear out of my make up too. I've cut lipstick collection back to ten rather than 50. I kept the ones I'll use mostly . I'm still in the process of clearing out . Feels good . 

There was a couple of Schwarzkopf hair shampoos that underwhelming. I'm struggling to pan them lol Also Buche de noel I had hyped myself up to thinking it would smell like caramel egg nog. Not even . 
Julieal
915 posts
Sugar scrubs I hate -They are horrible to use messy and I don't feel they do anything !!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Kirsty, I used to have that problem with coffee scrubs. What I do is scrub first and then use soap or shower gel afterwards it gets off all the brown marks. I actually like soaping the scrub off and seeing my skin turn two shades lighter thanks to exfoliation. But then I do love coffee scrubs and plan on using up all my sugar scrubs and getting only coffee ones. 

Except for the Miss Bliss one because the salt was really coarse and chunky it was too scratchy for my liking.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Antipodes Apostle Serum - Claims to lighten pigmentation. I did use it in conjunction with other Antipodes products to hopefully get the most results. Five-six bottles of serum over $60 and over six months later and several hundred dollars poorer, I saw no difference to my sunspots or freckling. Feels nice, smells nice, does nothing.

Moisture Mist "Gentle" Cleansing Foam - Dried out my skin and irritated it. I got this in the first NZ brands box so I didn't pay for it but it's not much better than supermarket cleansers that are about a third of the price of the Moisture Mist one. 

Speaking of Lush, Soft Coeur Massage Bar as nice as it smells left messy, dirty brown streaks on my skin from the cocoa powder in the center. I did try to scoop out the center but then that was like a quarter of the bar and there was still cocoa powder in it. Being that this was one of the more expensive bars for the amount you get I wasn't too happy about it.

Lush Pearl Massage bar - Lush nailed down the Rose Jam scent in this bar and then ruined it by adding scratchy pink beads which scratch, not exfoliate your skin. I got a few uses out of it before it got really scratchy and then beads make it break so you don't get as much use out of it like you would the other massage bars that are the same size. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Yes I have the same issue with some Lush products - they leave stains or weird lumpy things in the bath. Ick.
shazatron101
5112 posts
ahahahahaha I'm loving these responses! I love your attitude towards it Kirtsy, it's brilliant. 
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I've just done a big clean out of MY makeup drawers - I had a chichi eyeshadow pallette that I used once, realised it was going to be 10 times more effort to get any kind of colour payoff than it was worth, so I've given it to misses 8 and 10 for the start of their collection.
And I finally made a colourpop purchase, and kind of hate the lipsticks - so the girls have got those as well lol. 
Makes me feel a little bit better that they're still getting *some* use even if I hate them!
alikat
423 posts
I just got back from 3 weeks in the states and I only went to MAC, sephora, ulta and nordstrom twice each and the Hourglass Boutique once. So well behaved! Lets just not mention the stuff I ordered online to meet me there. I'm the anti anti haul right now! I did have a wee clean out before I left - just some lipsticks that I never wore and never will wear that I took to the back to the USA and backed to MAC them. Can't bring myself to clean out much else, but now I'm having anxiety about what to use each morning haha. 
The Body Shop chamomile eye makeup remover.  I OCCASIONALLY react to a product, but this was the most obvious reaction I've ever had.  After a few uses my skin got really sensitised and this product would make my eye area red and sore.  I hated to throw out a brand new kinda expensive product like that, but there was no way I could keep using that one!
MissQT
1547 posts
Yes Sarah I was just about to mention that makeup remover too!! I do have sensitive skin but that stuff just stung my eyes badly. Definitely not gentle as mentioned.
trudijoy
8375 posts
sarahellaoverton I love the oil from that range and the makeup remover was okay on me from memory, but the Sephora one was awful on my poor skin. I didn't react as such, it just felt really rough somehow
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Anti hauls I love these vlogs on YT because they help close the wonder of what would a product be like with or without it.
I jsut did an impromptu cull & sold my beloved but untouched KVD MI VIDA LOCA why should I have it if I'm keeping it just cos it needed some use. Also put up some sales on FB thought it was cheap but let's see if they sell. This hasn't stopped me from buying but only staples things I use daily not admire from my vanity.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!