Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

And now, the weather

34 posts, 21 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
It is apparently so cold (a wonderful 9 degrees) that my cat, big sook that he is, is actually cuddled up to me and shaking, and slept with me under the covers all of last night (luckily no cat butt to the face). He is now eyeing up the fireplace and wondering if he should leave my warmth and constant pats and embrace the heat of the fire. How is the weather fairing in your part of the country? I've seen snow in some places - and I'm jealous!
trudijoy
8375 posts
God I am so ridiculously jealous of those with snow - it's one of the alltime things I miss about Dunedin <3

In eastern central AKL the weather kept me awake last night - thunder, lightning, torrential downpours - looked out the window around 4am and my street, which is a gentle slope, had become a waterslide! crazy.

SOOO glad I'm off to Oz this week for one last grab at warmer temps until Japan in July. I haaaaate winter in Auckland, it's so dreary!

That reminds me...I need new boots! can't wear my supertall purple suede kneehigh boots at work!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
It's cold here! Woke up this morning to snow outside my front door. I walked to the gym when it was all fresh and unspoiled.
1139 posts
It's very cold in Christchurch. Apparently 10 degrees but my weather app says it actually feels like 2 degrees which I totally agree with. I'm a bit jealous of your fireplace - my flat has one heat pump in the lounge room, but my bedroom is upstairs and about as far away as you can get from the lounge room, so I get pretty cold. I'm currently sitting in bed reading a book, and trying not to think about the fact that I have to go to work tonight! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Its really cold in North Otago snow level not too far off where I am now so the wind is whipping it up and over the area.  So cold you can see your breath and can't feel my nose, toes or fingers lol.   Happily sat with my jacket and scarf on in my office though, huddled over a fan heater trying to keep warm.   But not all misery as I actually love the cold and can't wait for the pure white gold to lay down to my street level.  Plus getting home and snuggling is good after being cold all day =)
Kellie
570 posts
The sun is streaming through the windows onto my couch right now, (I'm in Nor'west Auckland). But earlier it was rainy, squally, and overnight random bursts of rain and thunder woke me up, that and my wriggly wee hot water bottle aka two year old daughter, who insisted on sleeping with me. So cute, but sooooo squirmy.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Basically... I walked around my course cuddled up in my brother's giant hoodie saying I was a thug and was gonna mug people. 5'2" redhead in a massive jacket wasn't terribly intimidating. Now that I'm home, well...

https://instagram.com/p/1b_D3FCctq/?taken-by=wannabemuaonyoutube

shazatron101
5112 posts
Yay for human hot water bottles Kellie! Even if they have wriggly arms and legs :P I actually love the snow. It just makes everything so quiet. And Chikoboo, snuggling with the other half would be great if he didn't choose to have a shower just before bed! He may look dry but underneath those hairy legs is what feels like a cold sweat. Bleck!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I am also wearing a onesie... >:D I'm not quite a pokemon but it's grey with pink and black leopard print hearts lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I need a human hot water bottle! (preferably of the partner variety before I work on the small child variety haha) urgh singleness

wmua I posted on your IG but in Japanese 'pikapika' means sparkly, and 'chu' is the kiss sound (we say 'mwah') so Pikachu always translates to me as 'sparkly kiss' - I know there's some other pokemon explanation but whatever coz I speak Japanese as well so mine counts, and it's better ;)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I love that definition Trudi <3
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh yeah can't tackle winter nowadays without my unicorn onesie and unicorn slippers.  Also just got one of the new season onesies a fuzzy orange fox that I love too.  Lucky my mother in law lives to knit I have a box full of scarves, gloves, hats and even booties (adult ones for wearing as slipper socks around the house) she is forever sending me new ones =)

Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
We have had the fire and heat pump Cranked up. It was 2 degrees here around tea time last night. I got into my pj's. Tiger onsie and unicorn slippers. Then it got to 32 inside and I had to strip the tiger skin ;)
Today has been so cold but hubby & son have been racing around on motorbikes, driving his new tractor he brought today. They come into eat and vanish again. I guess no matter the coldness, if there is boys and their toys, there will be nutters hanging around outside in snow and rain to play.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont have fancy slippers, or well I do. They aren't unicorns but the first time I bought them they were both left feet - I had to return them. They're a lovely light teal color and so fluffy. SO FLUFFY! Also Ong, come the snow, I am one of the nutters outside playing in it. Ever since I experienced my first white Christmas over in USA I've been obsessed with it, and have been lucky enough to have a few "snowfalls" at my house - more like slushy hail lol. And yesterday I gardened in the rain so yeah, definitely crazy haha. I love having the fire going because of the wetback! But then the water gets soooo freakin hot it's ridiculous. Don't even need to boil the jug for a cup of tea haha
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Chikoboo brought them for me when I went into hospital for spinal surgery. Craziest thing, we had never even met before!

When it's snowing properly outside is fun. Snow in the USA must be amazing!! Our fire was on wet back and used to boil. We just ripped it out for gas cause I brought a kitchen and needed the space.lol. sad now though cause I went halves with hubby and brought a brand new claw foot bath. I'll just sacrifice gas bottles to fI'll it up when the builder installs it
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ahh but I did meet you to give them too you! I'm all about the unicorns....yes I am a grown up but it doesn't mean I have to act like one ;)
MareeB
5239 posts
Yep freezing in North Otago. Yesterday morning I was in Palmerston (South) and outside for about 30 minutes in the morning - I was frozen to the bone   I'm not a cold weather kind of girl....
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
It is cold up in Nelson too. In saying that, i actually live in the valley which is a bit closer to the mountains so a little colder out my way, but no frost. Just an icy wind, and the realisation that il have to get my thermals out a lot sooner than i anticipated
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hah good call WannabeMUA - that made me giggle, thanks :)

It's freezing here, I put the heater on today for the first time this year.
ha ha yes it has been cold. Snow only lasted 24hours on my doorstep. Was lovely coming home to it all melted last night :-) 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Geeh I swear it is colder here this morning as the sky has cleared now and that wind is blowing the snow off into a chill factor.  My little fan heater is on max at my ankles and is barely warming my feet at all, let alone these fingers...at least I can type with stiff frozen fingers, not too fast or I fear they might snap today.
Macs
5351 posts
It was cold last night. I put on some extra blankets. I miss having a fire. We just have a heat pump. Today though. The sun is bright and the air is cool.
Mila
1209 posts
I have to admit that I am loving the colder weather the heat was too much for this lady this year :)....We are lucky though we have a heat pump and fireplace at home, I loveeeee sitting in front of the fire at home.....
shazatron101
5112 posts
I woke up to 2c and bright sunny skies. Now its horrible and cloudy and I did a big load of washing that I won't get to hang out. The joys of it all! I also opened up the entire house because of the warm sun - now am frozen almost solid and my tea went cold within minutes! 
MrsO
196 posts
It's about 17 degrees here in Auckland at the mo, not too cold. The rain has gone for now so finally drying washing out. Winter is not my favourite season because my skin dries out quite a lot, especially my hands and feet, and lips need extra moisture as well. My favourite seasons are spring and autumn, not too hot or cold. We love our open fireplace though.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I miss having a fire place, grew up with one in the house and every place before the one I'm in had one, they also had bathtubs ironically. Now apartment living and no fire place and electric heaters aren't the same. Used my new puffer jacket for the first time this week and it is really warm, I did have high expectations since I bought it online from the UK.
Macs
5351 posts
I also miss having a fireplace. While its cool living in this big house all its modern cons lacks the homely style that I'm used too. Like Fire place and bath tub. 
littleparadise
178 posts
Ooo man! Feeling for all you Southerners at the moment! Yep, "winter" has set in for you lot! 
I will try send down some nice warmer weather from way up here in the "winterless (lol) North" 
Bet you all look so cute in your little slippers though hehe!
Cesy
162 posts
Haha is that a Welcome to Night Vale reference Shazatron?

It's certainly a bit fresh here in sunny Hawke's Bay, but nothing like my parent in South Canterbury saying it was 3 degrees! Then the husband's car broke down in Ohakune when it was close to freezing so he was not happy. However I have a clingy cat at the moment (he didn't like that we left him for 10 days) so I have a furry hot water bottle, so the slight chill is dealt to here!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Auckland not too bad 4 seasons in 1 day.
At my dad's it snowed he lives in Tangiwai.
and my son has just gone to Raurimu for camp at Blue Mountain Adventure centre. Part of his intermediate weekly group he goes to at our church The Salvation Army and we packed him with all the essentials ski pants X2 Kathmandu jacket bush jerseys and rugby socks.... It's going to be freezing for them the Auckland city slicker kids won't know what's hit them. Me and my kids always go down there so we know how cold it gets but not immune to it.
I feel for the Southerners it must be chilly and when it snows well the novelty wears of fast... I use to love in Q town.... chilly.... keep warm ladies.
-Bex-
611 posts
The temperature gauge in my truck said 2 degrees about an hour ago and certainly feels it. Just another beautiful day in fairland forest ;)
shazatron101
5112 posts
The title or a comment Cesy? Hahah I've only heard of Welcome to Night Vale, but I was pretty interested in it - just forgot all about it haha. But now you've reminded me so I might go download it haha ;-P
Cesy
162 posts
The title there! They have this thing were they're doing the creepy  weird stuff, then Cecil goes "And now, the weather" and a song starts! 

I haven't caught up for a while, but if you like freaky things that kinda screw with your mind, while still being humourous in a dry way, it's a good listen :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Today was sunny in Christchurch and warmish but the temperature dropped tonight. It's not as cold as it was on Monday night when there was sleet and rain and winds and the siblings that like the windows open has freezing feet with it closed, I have cold feet year round so I couldn't feel mine that night, I think it wee hours of the morning when I was sleeping that they thawed off under the blankets.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!