Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

10 posts, 6 members
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've always suffered severely from acne. Since joining BR that has changed as I have a great skincare regime. However I still battle with blackheads on my nose and chin, and every so often I deal with a monster pimple that'll stick around for days, hurt really bad and is really big and blind....
 I use a cleanser in the morning and at night, a face mask once a week along with a scrub and I use oil usually at night. I'm unsure if I need to change something to get rid of the black heads and prevent the occasional angry pimple? 
 Any advice is welcome xx
Head Pixie
569 posts
Amy, I feel you! We have same skin.

I swear by the Stridex in the red box. (Which a lady on the forum recommended years ago.) My skin's been so much better - I think partially due to age, but also due to good skincare. But if I don't do a Stridex pad every second night you can be sure the big blind zits will come, as will more prominent blackheads. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Thank you Head pixie! I've never heard of it but I'm off to look into it :) Nothing more confidence killing than an angry zit on the face!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I wanted to really love the Stridex pads but sadly they stung too much and irriated my skin.  I know there were two types - the blue and the red and I tried both but alas it wasn't to be.  So glad that they made such a difference to you Head Pixie x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
They sell them on iherb, Amy! Apparently it has to be the ones in the red tub. I have some but thankfully don't need them anymore.  
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Ohhh thanks! I'll go and have a look on iherb now. I'm not overalls sensitive but my skin can be a little crazy, it can be fine with products for a week than the following week it'll burn or dry my skin out. I think it'll be worth a shot though :)
Macs
5351 posts
I reccomend the Epiology three step system .  Foaming cleanser, moisturiser and zip zapping treatment gel. Its worked on mine. I am curious about that Stridex. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Macs, that is the skin care I originally used until I added the treatment gel. I found it dried my skin out a lot and would get little zits round the area I used the cream.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh no thats not supposed to happen. Hope you find something that works for you. Took me a while to find mine. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey Amy. I used to have awful skin so I can relate. My skin is so good now and I have not had a monster pimple for ages. Have you tried st ives blemish scrub?
I use it every morning then a light cleanser at night. Also rosehip, argan and macadamia oils are lifesavers for me. I also recommend a mud mask. I use Crop purifying mud mask and if you feel a pimple coming then apply to the spot and sleep with it on.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!