Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

A friendly reminder....

15 posts, 11 members
First Lady
957 posts
Hi ladies,

Just a couple of reminders regarding our Forum and Site Guidelines.

- We ask members refrain from self promotion of any kind.  You can link to your blogs, IG feeds, FB pages and YouTube channels in your Forum Footer.

We do not allow companies to advertise on the forum either.  This helps maintain the independance of the site and prevents the chat getting interrupted by requests for likes, competition tags and such.

- Please be aware of sharing personal information such as contact details (yours or others) on the forum - the forum can be read by anyone and everyone. 

We've removed a couple of posts that conflict with these points.

- Product endorsement.

Seeing as so many of our members are also bloggers, we thought we'd just make clear the rules on reviewing products you've been sent by brands and agencies.

If the occasional product has been provided to you by a company, you need to state this clearly at the top of your review.  Your review should be as honest and impartial as any other review you submit to the site.

If you have a more in-depth relationship with a brand, be it creating looks for them or acting as a brand ambassador then our T&Cs; regarding brand affiliation apply and you are not permitted to review these products on the site.  (Much like say, our Avon reps)

Much love
Nat xxx

EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I feel really bad for starting the thread that I did... I'm sorry Nat! In my excitement I totally wasn't thinking.
RC
162 posts
Everyone has brain-fart moments or excitement-induced amnesia every now and then WannabeMUA, don't feel bad!

BTW Nats, I love your new profile pic. That hair colour is fabulous!
Rania-alani90
106 posts
Nat's hair though..... makes me wanna go red!
trudijoy
8375 posts
brain-farts! I love that term, I use it with kids a lot.

'don't worry babe, you're not normally that silly, it was just a brain-fart' etc :P

Timely reminders from Nat there I think!  Too easy to see the forum as a group facebook page that is private - I realised the other day you don't have to sign in to read it, only to post, so better to be safe with personal details, eh? xx

WannabeMUA your delight was cute hon and you knew we'd care x

ETA said it before but Nat's new hair is to die for.  I'd never be able to pull it off but Nat, you look awesome.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I definitely wanna line up to compliment Nat on her hair hehe it looks absolutely stunning
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I usually try to write how I came to purchasing the product. Either I won it, subscription box or I purchased it. I also tend to start the same if I got sent it to trial. I actually currently wished I put on my trial product this morning but I will do that when I get home :)
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for keeping us aware of this. It's handy to know.
First Lady
957 posts
***Another friendly reminder***

Hey ladies

We've removed a few forum posts in the last 24 hours.  Please refresh yourselves on the forum guidelines

We ask members refrain from effing and blinding (swearing) - we have a really diverse membership base and many people are still offended by an errant f-bomb.  We think it's more than possible to express emotion / excitement without resorting to swear words.   

We do not allow members to self promote on the forum - whether it's asking for competition likes or page followers, or recently asking members to take surveys.  

Love Nat xx

Ngahew
152 posts
Loving the hair Nat..I'm getting some inspo from it, gorgeous!

Thanks for the reminder...
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nat I wondered about that survey, especially when she said it was for school - which brings me to another point.... I was under the impression that you had to be 18 to be on here, but lately I've seen a few girls on stating that they are Year 11 or 12 (15-17) or that they are under 18. Has this rule relaxed? Would you rather we let you know when we find the profiles? I do find it hard to believe that the average 15 year old can know enough about a product (and have a huge basis for comparison) to make the reviews worthwhile - though there are, of course, some girls who can and do try all the things, and may have decent insight into something.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have a year 10 student who owns more high end makeup than me as well as all the latest fads. When I found a Maybelline Baby Skin on the classroom floor I knew immediately who to return it to. She's keen to sign up to BR so she can get the next BRBB so interested to know about the over 18 sign up requirement 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Under the terms and conditions of the site as found in the footer on the webpage.YOUR OBLIGATIONS WHEN USING THE WEBSITEIn exchange for your opinion on a product you agree that:

15.You are aged 18 years or older at the time of signing up.

So yeah you should be over 18 years of age but how easy is it for them to lie.  However the younger ones slip up eventually it seems =)
trudijoy
8375 posts
yep I too looked at that and saw that, but they're here, so . . . why would they lie about their birthday then write their age on their profile? Just thought I'd mention it and ask the question so Nat and the team could be aware - but so we are too.

Personally I haven't been commenting on the reviews when I come across these profiles but haven't thought to ask the question until now.
MrsO
196 posts
Thanks, Nat for reminding people not to swear on here, it's refreshing on this forum to be able to read comments without the swear words, I am one of those people who would be offended reading them. I have been known however to let out the odd tame swear word, though.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!