Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

A few thoughts about the community and keeping it real!

37 posts, 24 members
First Lady
957 posts
This won't affect the majority of members, but y'all know we like to be transparent, so we're going to post this publicly.

We're aware there are private/secret FB groups between members that have met over Beauty Review.  And we're aware that relations between these groups is less than amicable.  

We can't control what goes on off site, but we do control what happens on our site.  Using Beauty Review to troll members, however meekly, however subtley, is not something we will tolerate on the site, and if we suspect it to be the case, we will remove profiles and block IP addresses without notice.  This is well within our rights and part of the T&Cs; agreed to upon registering. 

When it comes to bullying, negativity or general pot-stirring, we are zero tolerance.  And if this isn't something you can accept, then this probably isn't the site for you.  And that's ok, we're not for everyone!

It's a bit of a strange position we, the crew, find ourselves in.  We work hard, 7 days a week, often at crazy hours (11pm on a Friday night for example) and we won't have our core values and hard work trampled on.  We want everyone who wants to be a part of Beauty Review to feel they can be.  But there are other beauty groups and communities online if you can't handle our number 1 rule - BE KIND.  

We'd like to think, being adults, that members can respect each other's space on the site.  If, for whatever reasons, you have taken umbrage with someone you've 'met' online, why not just let it go?  Who has the energy to waste, especially on a Friday night, to try and provoke and agitate?  The beauty of the internet is if you see something, or someone you dislike, you can just scroll past. You don't need to engage.   So lets keep the site a nice, positive space and just enjoy our time here and let others enjoy theirs.

Happy Saturday
xox
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
A big massive thanks for all the hard work you lovelies put in.  We are extremely lucky to have such a wonderful community where we can come and talk about things we love and engage with one another xxx
bronjenks
253 posts
Totally agree.  I may not get on here as often as I would like but when I do i enjoy catching up on posts and checking up what's new.  There is nothing to be gained for being a troll but everything if you are graceful, gracious and kind to one another.  Keep up the great work BR team, you have developed a great, interactive site that you should all be proud of. I am truly grateful for the many close, awesome relationships I have developed with other members because of this site.  Xxx
MareeB
5241 posts
I agree too. BR is a positive and fun place and I wouldn't like to see it change. I also appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping it running, and keeping it fresh and interesting xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Thanks Nat/BR for keeping things real. I couldn't agree with you more. Looks like some people need to build bridges and turn negative energy into positive.
Life's far too short!  Be happy and make a positive difference in this world  :-) x
tannygirl
3392 posts
Thanks so much BR crew for all the hard work you put in staying up late working the weekends. We definitely appreciate it.
mallomiss
569 posts
?? where on earth did this come from?
Macs
5351 posts
I'll admit I was in some of these outside groups. This year I left them all. Did my last RAOKS. I think it was the best decision I ever made. I made some terrible mistakes Im not proud of. I find Im happier and I have less problems weighing me down.
In terms of BR this is my final year. I will be here, but my presence will slowly fade away. I believe in making room for new heroes. I'll still review but I wont be as active on the forum and wall etc. I am thankful to be apart of this community. I enjoy every aspect of BR being like my positivity mantra. Sorry for the long story..
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love this post. I hate that there is the necessity for it but the fact that you have posted it cheers my soul.

I agree with all you said Nat... it will be great to see the end of all the nonsensical stuff that has no place in this community.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'd miss you if you weren't here Macs. One of the main things I love about BR is coming in and chatting to the familiar people.
Macs
5351 posts
Will make this a year to remember Maree. I still want to meet you for a cuppa one day. You can share with me some of your gardening tips. I hope we reach 100,000 reviews this year .
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm glad this has been said. In this day and age women should be building each other up! You don't have to like everyone, but that is still no reason to be mean to them. I like to surround myself with positive things and I hope that BR remains one of those positive places.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's sad too think that there is any type of bullying going on. For me all I've seen is BR be a positive place and I throughly enjoy it here. I think a lot of the ladies on here have amazing tips and all individually are awesome! I however love seeing the positives in life....I agree with if you don't like something you see move on, scroll past, no point in commenting on it. :) Macs! Wahhhh I'd be sad to see you not around x
chikoboo
3402 posts
Big up to the wonderful BR crew,  must admit I miss the forum but as a target of constant ongoing issues I've distanced myself like Whittaker says life is too short and happiness is what everyone is entitled too xx
Rezee
1964 posts
I hope that anyone who has been affected by this latest round of bullying is ok. I think sadly, that I could think of exactly who would be behind this :( 
I really appreciate br's stance on this and I hope we can see less of this in the future!
Rezee
1964 posts
And Macs,  I'll miss you on here.
Macs
5351 posts
Reeze and amy, years not over yet :)
MareeB
5241 posts
One day we'll have a cuppa Macs! I've only been to Tauranga once and that was about 6 years ago. I'd love to go again.
Macs
5351 posts
If your ever in town you must go to Love Rosies cafe Maree. It has the best handmade pastries and prettiest tea sets. Lovely atmosphere there.
MareeB
5241 posts
Sounds gorgeous Macs, kind of old fashioned.

Funny story - the only thing I bought in Tauranga (in fact the only personal item I bought throughout a week long trip around several North Island towns/cities) was a cute white tee shirt with a piccy of a little girl with a pink balloon that said "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to". Then, some **** stole it from my clothes line. I was so angry I told a friend who is the Police intel guy here. Of course he asked me to describe it..well...um..ah.. [feeling silly about my 8 yr old girl's tee shirt..] sadly it was never recovered..
Rezee
1964 posts
I hope you will change your mind, but I am glad you are feeling more upbeat. Negativity can be incredibly draining.
Macs
5351 posts
Thats no good Maree. It happens to the best of us. I had a bag of new clothes I put beside me whilst trying shoes on. The second I turned around my bag was gone. Thank god my wallet wasn't in it. Reported it but didn't find them.

Will see how the year pans out. I might feel differently by then.
pintsize
1072 posts
It is really sad that this needs to be said but a good reminder none-the-less.
The 'be kind' rule is a one that is needed in a lot of places and is a reason I left a lot of groups/communities.
In a world full of negatives it is nice to know there is a place we can all come and feel safe (even if the visits aren't as often as we used to).

Thanks BR Crew
xx
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Gosh I had no idea anything like that was going on. And it'll be sad to see you go Macs.
MrsRosie
214 posts
After a wee absence on BR due to being away from home, I was saddened to read this post. Sadly in most parts of life (online or offline) there are always going to be bullies. This just reminds us to spend more positive time away from the screen. I hope those affected are ok.

As for you macs Ill miss seeing you here on BR too - You've always seemed so real - which is a beautiful trait to have xx
Jesse
745 posts
Well said Nat. I've previously been a member of such a group and ended up leaving it after seeing the sort of school-yard behaviour you wouldn't expect grown woman to exhibit, let alone those who met through a site that fosters positivity and empowerment. It's nice to be nice :)
Arohas
77 posts
I was reading a news article today of a young teen girl who committed suicide due to the fact she was being bullied online. It brought tears to my eyes. Those poor parents. I do wonder that if these bullies you speak of have thought what it would be like loosing a loved one the same way. Aroha to the victims
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's horrific people are losing the fight to live due to people being nasty online, no one should ever go through being bullied. I can't understand how anyone thinks it's ok to be mean.
Macs
5351 posts
Wondered where you went to Mrs Rosie. Lots happened in this short time BB boxes, Vaults full and awaiting a change around. Enjoy these moments.Thank you all for your kinds words xx Means alot to me
trudijoy
8375 posts
as someone who has been bullied and victimised both online and IRL it really does get into every corner of your psyche imagining that people are constantly following, watching and judging you. I had one crazy years ago who used to follow me around a message board typing things after literally every post. Real creepy stalker stuff. If I posted that I'd been in town she'd post that she'd seen me, describe the outfit i was wearing perfectly then add something like 'you looked really fat - how much weight have you put on'. Really nasty. I just don't understand the mental energy that goes into hating people you have never met for things you imagined they did wrong....
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've been bullied all my life and recently potentially saved my nephew by talking him through bullying even though he is in the UK he still comes for his Aunty Kirkir for support and just hearing what I had to deal with growing up gave him the strength to push through and keep excelling at school.  It is triple hard when you see it happen to others close to you, I've developed thick skin over the years so any bullying that now happens just runs off my back as giving into bullies, is giving them the power to dictate your life and no one has that right.  It is amazing how some people find pleasure in tearing people down so strongly, you have to imagine that they have some ingrained demons themselves that drive them to do such a thing.  
shazatron101
5112 posts
After trying and (mildly) succeeding at having a "social media free weekend" I see this. My stance on bullies is - if you can't take it, don't dish it out. Unfortunately for a lot of people they haven't left high school behind. I am included in that, not often as I don't consider myself a bully, I don't go out of my way to message people and harrass them and be nasty - shiz like that eats me alive. 
It's also very annoying when you unfollow someone on Instagram/unfriend someone on Facebook because what they post isn't your style, and someone else jumps on the bandwagon and starts harrassing you. Like, its Instagram, it's Facebook. Get over it. We aren't all built to love one another, we are going to clash and there are going to be serious dramas that happen. It's sad but it's life and if we all focus on the negatives what's the point? 
Right, now this has made me late for my date with Shana so I hope we can either all get along or we just stop talking to those that we don't like. I've started and I feel better already ;-) Have a good Tuesday lovelies x
2lilmnkys
106 posts
As a previous victim of bullies, I understand where you all come from. I had a really awful time and was glad to have family support and someone to talk too. To bullies: treat others as you would like to be treated and for victims of bullies keep strong, keep your head up high because nobody oes yoi better than you. And theres lots of support for people today and please just talk to someone. My daughter says in her school they are taught to stop, walkaway and tell someone. Have a good day.
Lutece
1849 posts
Thank you BR team for your constant love and support that is shown not only on here but also in various places on social media. Sadly no matter how hard you steer clear of negativity it will always find a way in to your path or journey. With what I have learnt for 2016 its best to be kind, be honest and stay clear of negativity. It is sad to see that you need to address this on here and I hope who ever has been effected this time is ok <3 

Thank you so much to the BR team for everything you do, the hours you put in and all the wonderful things you do for us <3 
Kimrose
1416 posts
It is so sad to think all of that kind of negativity was happening here. I am so sorry for the people that this happened to. I so have been there and it is hellish. Thank you ladies for standing up for us and our amazing site.
LinF
63 posts
I've only been on here for a very short time but for the most part I have found posts friendly. Compared with a couple here in the UK you are a very well mannered and friendly bunch and I thank you for letting me join in.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!