Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

50 of the best uses for Coconut oil

18 posts, 14 members
xjayloux
900 posts
http://www.sunwarrior.com/news/50-of-the-best-uses-for-coconut-oil/

Fantastic read for all those curious about coconut oil!
beautyandlouise
102 posts
Haven't tried it yet. I think I need to tho! xx.
Nishu
374 posts
This is awesome.. Going to share it on my facebook page! Thanks hun

Nishu
http://www.lipsnberries.com
colleencanary
764 posts
Sounds great thank you! :)
janelle
5 posts
My SiL uses only coconut oil as facial moisturiser and she has beautiful skin for it. I was amazed.
colleencanary
764 posts
What kind should you use? And where do you buy it?
I've only seen coconut cooking oil....
Nishu
374 posts
Colleen- you are supposed to look for cold pressed,virgin and if possible organic coconut oil. I'll get mine from www.gonative.co.nz ! Hope that helps :)

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com

LisaE5
447 posts
Thanks, I haven't tried Coconut Oil before but want to soon
xjayloux
900 posts
Trade me is great as you can buy it at a good price in bulk - even better if you want to use it for your body and cooking as the jars you tend to come accross in shops are really small!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Coconut oil is fab stuff! I get mine from Chantal Organics at wholesale & use it for heaps of things from baking, adding to the bath, an ingredient in homemade lip balms, massage wax & ointments, to a body moisturizer!
Kelli
73 posts
My sisters swear by the stuff, I'm dying to buy some been looking at some off trademe comparing prices and so far that is the cheapest, I think next week I'll be covered in it! Just a word of warning though one of my sisters used it on her hair and got some on her face (before cleansing) and actually broke out, so just to play it safe do cleanse well, I'm sure no one here wants a nasty breakout!!
deville
42 posts
I use the blue coconut oil for cooking and also on my skin and my kids' skin.  Both of my kids have ezcema and it has helped keep their skin soft and moistursed which the chemist stuff doesn't.  It sinks in straight away and their skin feels like a baby's bottom.  I can't recommend it enough.  I love to bake with it and it has a high smoking point so frying with it is great.
karina91
15 posts
Coconut oil is amazing - I use it about once a week as a hair mask and it makes your hair super shiny and smooth :) I bought mine from TradeMe from this seller (http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/food-beverage/other/auction-616518402.htm) and its really good quality and way cheaper than in shops. And its lasting me forever so a great bargain :)
Rhiannon135
74 posts
Thank you, so far I've only used it to nourish hair - new ideas!
xjayloux
900 posts
Loving the comments posted here about 'coconut oil' experiences/uses.. Keep em coming! xo
lucygollogly
14 posts
Where do you ladies buy yours from? xx
Cat
474 posts
I brought a big 2lt tub off trade me. Love the stuff! I use it on my nails every night. I also have started putting it on my eye lashes at night as I've heard this is beneficial. I've noticed my eye area has been feeling nice but is too soon to see a difference in lashes. Is good as a hair masque too. I also cook with mine. Awesome stuff!
Crisper
66 posts
Thank you!Some new nice ideas!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!