Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

3 weeks into the new year and those of us that made resolutions, how are they going?

30 posts, 17 members
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I made a goal to start unsubscribing from things so I don't get so much stuff in my email, I have at present removed a large number of these with more to go. 

I also made a plan to start using my collection of items that I bought last year, which I have been doing. BR Enablers, you know who you are, my nose says thanks for nice smells, my wallet is not forgiving me at this time.

I have also made sure to keep up my walking that I started in the effort to get bit fitter by getting off the bus a few stops early.

I am happy with my progress so far. How's everyone elses going?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Totally on board with focusing on using up what I have this year! I've not bought any makeup/nail polish thus far and will only do so if I run out of something, which will probably only be mascara and primer. I'm really enjoying it so I hope that momentum continues!
trudijoy
8375 posts
definitely using makeup up! It's actually great, things are feeling more organised!
Ringy
825 posts
Haven't actually started yet- my bad
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha that's why I don't make them, Ringy. So far I am sticking to my no buy/use it up (apart from another purchase in the Lush sale lol). I've also done some decluttering around the house. But these are things I have been trying to do since last year. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Nice progress ragingfrog!

With regards to mine, I have had one driving lesson which went really well, then last night in my own car I couldn't even get it to move (how??? pretty sad about this)

I've been eating reasonably well and easily hitting my step goal each day.

I haven't bought any makeup or skincare yet, and I'm planning not to until I run out of something altogether and don't have a backup (unlikely).
shellbell
20 posts
Amazing! I'm going on a weightloss/fitness journey, and have lost nearly 3kg of fat. It's been pretty hard especially having to keep motivated every day (I started going hard on the 4th), but I'm proud to say I haven't missed day of working out since. In regards to hoarding makeup... well, can't say the same. I really need to start hitting pan. Fortunately, I've started throwing more products out lately which I've been hoarding, so that's something!
Macs
5351 posts
So far I decluttered all books, clothes and Kitchen Cupboards. I need to contact the Womans refuge I have two large rubbish bags full for them. 

I haven't started my diet yet, I plan to get a diary to help me withthat. My start date is Feb. 
Have my start date ready for quitting smoking again. Trying to pan products out at the moment. 

My make up station is a right mess. I need some storage solutions. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't think I made any goals, as I never stick to them. I have cleaned out some cupboards and my clothing drawers though, as well as the closet so I feel very decluttered. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I didn't make any resolutions but I decided to start exercising and eating better to lose weight as I'm not happy. Today I went to the shoe clinic and got fitted for some proper shoes as the ones I was wearing gave me excruciating shin splints. I just took my new shoes for a ride and damn they're nice! It feels wrong for having spent so much money on shoes as I would like to save money this year (another of my goals), but I'm telling myself this is for health reasons so it's justified. The Peter Alexander pjs I bought today are also justifiable as health tools - sleep is important hahaha :P
MareeB
5242 posts
Ummmmm, wellll, mine was spend less and save more, but Lush helped me to totally blow that plan, so I too have decided the new year and resolutions start in February! I am working on my diet and fitness plan quite well tho :)

Jessica decent shoes are a must if you're going to be exercising so no guilt - they're an investment..

Well done ladies for your ferocious decluttering. Now which one/s of you are keen to tackle my house????
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
My health and fitness resolution isn't looking amazing. But my resolution to clean my make up brushes more is looking pretty good.
Macs
5351 posts
Maree you were enabled by all the Lush junkies. Thats good to hear your diets going well. I miss fresh food and can't wait to start. 

Don't worry about the shoes Jess , their a one off investment and should last you a long time. Funny I got some pjs too. But their my little pony ones from warehouse during their sale. Those jamas sound so nice. I love new pjs, especially after a lush shower. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm doing quite well with my resolution of making something new each week. So far I have made a chickpea pasta salad and a chargrilled capsicum and chicken pasta. I love adding something new to my menu each week. I really hope I can keep it up. Especially over Winter where I get really lazy.
MareeB
5242 posts
I'm actually surprised how well my diet's going Macs. I think my body has corrected after the illness/nasty medication now, and I feel better, so diet and exercise has been a little easier. I can feel myself getting a little fitter. What used to be a small step is now a big step, but I'll take any gains wherever I can find them.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Reading everyone's responses so far and it sounds like we are all starting in the right direction with little steps towards our goals, there are a few non beauty goals in there with lifestyle changes being the biggest. And I have been reminded of an old saying "The biggest journey starts with the first step" so let's all take another step.
Rezee
1964 posts
I was sidetracked by lush for the first couple of weeks but this week I've felt really focused. I've been using up older products too. I hit pan on half baked in my naked palette so I was pretty happy about that. I also filled up a tin of makeup I don't use or want that I'm going to list on tm when thy start the 20 free photo thing. I think feb 1st? I chucked out about 10 things as well. I still have way too much but I couldn't part with anything else.
MareeB
5242 posts
I took two bags to the Charity Shop this morning. Still have a ways to go tho....
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mareebros, decluttering is a long, slow process in my experience! But even if you just get rid of one item a day, that's 365 things gone in a year! (There is a website about this too)
Macs
5351 posts
Thats a really good start Maree. 
MareeB
5242 posts
That's a very good point worldofsooziewong - I may leave an open bag in the spare room and challenge myself to put one thing in it very day - I could do that easily!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've been exercising almost everyday and cutting back on sugar. The motivation for cutting back on sugar and eating more fruit and stuff has been when I noticed a connection between me getting bad hayfever and eating lots of chocolate and cookies, I just don't really enjoy wheezing non-stop. While, my diet completely stopped hayfever it has lessen the length and severity of it, so that's good. Getting to bed earlier hmmm..... still haven't gotten around to that. Getting that driver's license haven't started on that either.
MareeB
5242 posts
That's interesting Tannygirl. Inflammatory foods like sugar and diary play havoc in our bodies, but we don't really notice until we stop eh?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mareebros I am terrible at getting rid of stuff so I have an 'out box' (bag) in the spare room. I can put something in if I'm not sure, then once the bag is full I take it all to the charity shop. The idea is you can take stuff out if you change your mind. Knowing you can do that makes parting with things easier. I have yet to take anything out of the bag to keep it though. Works really well for me!
MareeB
5242 posts
That's a really good tip, I'm doing it! I'll nominate an item for trash per day as well.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mareebros you'd think that with all my tips I'd have a decluttered house already lol. If you sign up to 365lessthings.com they send out weekly emails for inspiration for what to get rid of  each day. I also enjoy Peter Walshs daily videos on Facebook. Failing that, I watch an episode of Hoarders lol. 
MareeB
5242 posts
Thank you - I signed up to 365less things! I also cleaned out paperwork - bank statements and stuff this aftie so that's good too :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh yeah I cut back on diary too. And I'm trying to get back into the routine of regular pedicures and doing manis.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I can't remember what mine were lol I do vaugley remember mentioning getting my pre baby body back and losing the weight. So far I've done nothing bout this as we are currently mid shifting. 

Beauty related I know I wanted to stick with a solid skin care routine. I've found one me need to be disciplined and stick with it as my skin is currently the best it's ever been.nso far this year I've done so :)

Makeup....I want to be more adventurous and wear the bold and bright colours and not be afraid of them :)
Artemis
311 posts
I dont do resolutions, but I'm committed to finishing some creative projects instead.
One of the advantages of having instagram is I can share my progress with the world which also keeps me motivated. I quit my blog just after New Year after realising I'd lost a lot of interest and it no longer brought me joy but took up time I could devote to art and creating stuff. Buying a colouring/watercolour painting book helped me get back into things.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!