Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

2016 Christmas releases... what's caught your eye (well, your nose, I guess?!)

11 posts, 7 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's that time of year... loads of seasonal LE products.

The Body Shop have again got a Xmas range out and again I like this years vanilla offering (vanilla chai this time around!) and the spicy apple one is quite nice too.  They have a frosted berry offering again I don't mind, either.

Lush have Snow Fairy back - I'm kinda over that a bit though, but the Body conditioner is lovely.  They also have LOM (so not a fan), Rose Jam, Reindeer Rock and a bunch of other seasonal goodies.

Who else is rocking Xmas ranges, and what are your picks?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I actually was really lucky and managed to secure the Two Faced Chocolate Chip Matte palette on E-bay. I just hope it doesn't get lost along the way to Youshop and then gets safely shipped here to me. Honestly, it's so cute and all matte. 

Then I have a friend in the States who bought me the Bite Beauty Perfect Pair High Pigment Pencil Lip Set in Tannin and Quince. I really had my eye on Quince for awhile, and then bite came out with that set and so when a friend asked me if there was anything she could send me I thought of that set. So hopefully that arrives without any problems. 

I did have my eye on Bite Beauty's The Perfect Bite set which is a set of four of their mini lipsticks in neutral and nude tones. And I was so tempted but after swatching all my neutral/nude lipstick chances are I have similar shades so unless I can get it cheaper I know I shouldn't go out of my way for it. 

I am a bit tempted by some of the Bite Beauty Lipstick duos particularly the Opal and Jam one. I don't have much purple in my collection of lipsticks and it's easy to use up because it's so tiny but it's a bit overpriced on E-bay. So tossing up whether I should get it or not.

shazatron101
5112 posts
I went halves with my friend in the Metal Matte palette for her Xmas present, it's quite pretty but damn the price on that puppy! 

I heard those mini TOO Faced palettes are awful - cute but supposedly they don't last very long and hit pan after a few uses. I do hope its not lost in the mail though. 

My eye has been caught by mostly Lush though - I would love to get my hands on some bombs, bubble bars and more Rose Jam. I'm trying to think of what else has Christmassy things - BUNDABERRRGGGGG spiced ginger beer *heart eyes* - but otherwise no! Nothing has, even I'm surprised!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I haven't looked! I have seen the too faced stuff and it looks really pretty, a shame that by the sounds of it not alot of product. I've kept away from Lush lol but all this thread makes me want do is take a look!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have to confess I found the bodyshop vanilla chai a bit of a strange scent but like the frosted berries one.
I have watched far too much youtube recently and seen the Jeffery Starr LE lip colours and felt a little meh on the colours but liked the names on them. There has also been other LE palettes where upon seeing it there I wasn't impressed with it once I could see the swatches but the packaging is sooo pretty.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Shaz, yeah it is pretty small but I sort of wanted something that I knew I'd get use up plus I wanted something that was neutral with a few other shades that I could take with me and leave my big Kat Von D Shade and Light palette at home. I was also lusting after the Metal Matte palette the shades are so pretty! But I almost feel guilty buying it because it's so big and I do mostly neutral eyes with a pop of color. But I am tempted since I have good quality matte neutrals and the metal matte is a one stop shop for color, and I know Kat Von D has good quality eyeshadows. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
TooFaced is def a brand I want to try more of, I have a blush and a highlighter from them and love both.

Shaz that KVD palette is gorgeous! So super pigmented, I pretty much just look at it and it's on my face haha. I've done so many colour combos already. It's expensive, though, you're right! I was shopping that day with my 18 year old cousin who nearly died when I dropped $95 on it on the spur of the moment haha.

I'll get my use out of it though, but no momre palettes for me until my half used UD one totally dies!

Ragingfrog the Vanilla Chai is a bit left of centre but it's such a warm scent that I still like it. Their Vanilla Brulee was better though <3

and Lush is always worth a look Amy - Macs, I'm always out of town for the Boxing Day Sale but usually still manage to grab a couple of things a couple of days later ;)
Macs
5351 posts
Yes this year Lush has few new ones Id like to try Santa post box, Shooting Stars Soap and bath bomb, Papa Noel Face Wash and Bubbly. 

There's plenty of gift packs that look lovely by Benefit, Frank Body Scrub sets, Too Faced sets all look lovely.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have shooting stars to try :D

Oh yeah, Benefit. I got one of their tins - such a good deal, the Total Moisture cream, full size, with three deluxe sample minis, for LESS than the Total Moisture costs usually!

Frank Body Scrub is one I need to look into!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really like the Buche De Noel face wash/scrub from Lush, not as much as I like Angels on Bare Skin but I do like it. I'm curious about the new face jelly wash, Papa Noel.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I like the frosted berries range from the body shop, not sure about the other ranges. And of course Lush always catches my eye. I'm liking the essano gift sets that have come out as well.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!