Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

When a Dream Cart = Personalized Discount Code!

11 posts, 7 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   You probably have them on multiple sites, carts loaded with goodies you need and want but you haven't checked out because you can't afford it atm or in some sad cases never! Looking at my dream cart is a waste of time online but there has been one site where having a dream cart has equalled a personalized discount code for 10-20% off and on occasion $30 off a $100 haul. That site is Vitacost. Unfortunately shipping isn't free on the site or I'd be going to town with every personalized discount code doing small hauls often. And you do have to have a full cart for awhile before they bait you with discounts. 
    But that got me thinking if there's any other sites out there that will bait you with discounts if your cart is full. I'm not talking about the typical reminders that sites send you reminders about the cart trying to get you to checkout, I'm talking about special offers, discount codes and freebies to tempt you to checkout that dream cart.
MareeB
5242 posts
I didn't realise sites did that until I left a slow cooker in my shopping cart on the Briscoes site and they emailed and offered me free shipping after a few days. I didn't take the bait by the way, and got a better one $110 off a few weeks later during one of their sales. I love Briscoes :)
MareeB
5242 posts
Does anyone else get an error message often when they try to post in the forum?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   My mom got sent the same offer too from Briscoes but with a bathrobe, free shipping. We live within walking distance of a Briscoes that opened last year so it doesn't appeal to us as much as it used to. Briscoes is great for bargains though. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Warehouse stationary did that when I had a chair in the cart while I called around to see which stores I could pick one up from. And Mighty Ape sent me a $10 off when I hadn't purchased for a while. And of course iHerb gives you a bit of credit for every purchase but only gives you a couple of months to spend it.
EliseMM
120 posts
Tarte did this for me!! Unfortunately international shipping is still super expensive, but it was sooooo tempting to take the bait. Maybe I will next time.
Kimrose
1418 posts
I must try this, sounds like the discount may make the shipping more affordable.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  EliseMM, Tarte does have free worldwide shipping from time to time. The other day I got an e-mail from them as they were having a flash sale with free shipping. Last time I got a 10% discount from Tarte luckily it conincided with a site wide free shipping special so I bought the Hamptons Weekender Contour Palette I was lusting after. I heard other members got offered 20% off but they did have stuff in the carts. 

shazatron101
5112 posts
briscoes is amazing, Maree. i was fortunate enough to get a voucher for xmas from my mother in law (hallelluujaaahhh) and i ended up spending it in their waitangi sale. half price tefal frying pan, a lid for the frying pan (no more tin foil lids for me!) and a butter dish!!!! not sure which i was more excited about. probably the butter dish in all honesty. I LOVE KITCHEN THINGS!!!!
Macs
5351 posts
I make dream carts all the time . I can never afford to fulfill them though lol 

That site sounds cool . I’m going to look it up.
MareeB
5242 posts
Me too Macs, and sometimes sweat is pouring off my nose while I try to talk myself out of stuff I don't need!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!