Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sites with great sample options... what's out there?

31 posts, 21 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm just getting into playing with my Ro-Vie Cosmetics order. http://rovie.co.nz/product-category/extras/kits-samples/  They do this cool thing where for $5 you can order a sample of 5 products, and they send them out to you in wee tester bags. The samples are super generous (I can put a pic on the wall if anyone wants to see) and I think this is an EPIC way to try a few things out. They also do a lucky dip, and in my $10 one I got a gorgeous lippy.

Oasis Beauty http://www.oasisbeauty.co.nz/formwcs0153590/get-in-touch.html  do an incredibly generous 3x free sample deal and you can choose what you sample. There's already a thread about this one but gotta add it in x

Sorbet Cosmetics do a sampler http://www.sorbetcosmetics.com/sampler/  that is $20 including postage, but you choose 5 huge samples from their amazing range. Each lasts a week or two and you really get a sense of what the product is about. I've discovered shampoo, cleanser and body scrub that I adore this way.

What else is out there, ladies?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I LOVE companies that offer this option. I don't know why all companies don't do this! They scrimp on free samples, instead of providing a good sized sample for a few dollars. 

Paulas Choice (paulaschoice.com.au) offer a huge range of samples, and each sample is only around $1 each. Yes you have to pay shipping, but if you're trying to find the best products for you, and you're getting a bunch of samples, it's totally worth it. 

I also like that Mecca ship samples to customers that do not live near a Mecca. Again you have to pay shipping, but if you're getting a few samples, it's totally worth it.

I think I need to go have a look at the Ro Vie samples!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sarah I've seen you talk about Paula's Choice before; great that they have that option. I need to check it out!

I live near a Mecca but that's awesome for those in other towns, what a cool service.

I've added a pic of the Ro-Vie samples to the photo wall; such good value!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oasis has such generous samples! The eyes and lips cream I got sent lasted me ages! I know that sephora has samples that you can get but the shipping is quite expensive. But if you're gonna be buying anything it would be great to chuck in some samples.
MissQT
1547 posts
Ooh I'll have t check out that pick trudi. The only ones ive heard of are oasis and sorbet which you have already mentioned.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Samples are a great way to see if a product is suitable . Estee Lauder will give you a 10 day sample of their Double Wear which is a good amount. 
Macs
5351 posts
Since joining BR I've had so many free Samples. My first free sample was a 30 ml lotion from Comvita (Its expired now), Oasis samples of three (still available, a must test), Shick Quatro shaver (expired), Oasis Rhino repair sample (Hardy's store, not sure if it's expired or not). Just wanna shout out to all the girls who shared these wonderful samples. I've got to try that Double wear foundation it sounds really good.
MareeB
5244 posts
The essano minis pack that WMUA told me about last week is on special at Countdown this week. It's really cute and should be around $18.75 for five good products - Rosehip, yay!! Not free, but great samples,and quite a good size..just a great product for a small gift too..
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh! and the Living Nature sensitive skin envelope that costs $2 for postage that Amanda Jane had in her post last week. I've ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. It sounds lovely so I'm excited to try it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I missed the living nature post Maree! You're so right about Essano though, those kits are epic, especially if you're travelling/go away a lot at the weekend.
Jesse
745 posts
For NZ companies the ones that have been mentioned like Oasis are great for samples, but for larger companies I've had a lot of good experience in store/ counter with samples if you have them close by. I've received generous foundation samples from MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique and Lancome beauty counters and skincare samples from Lush. For me these are pretty essential before I buy a product since I find it hard to find foundation that wears well on my skin and doesn't break me out, and effective skincare, which you can't judge based on trying it once.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Benefit website gives 3 samples with purchase as does the Nordstrom website as well, and sometimes thay have additional bonus codes to get an extra bonus as well.
But if there is a brand to try see if there is a value pack eg on the Clinique and Nordstrom websites there is a get in spring kit that has several products and on the Clinique site it is bonus time and they are gving away another 5 items in that. Only downer on them is you need to use a freight/parcel forwarder.
Now if only Tarte and Sephora would take my orders without cancelling them, otherwise I might need to find one that purchases and sends.
You gorgeous gals rock!  Thank you for sharing.  x
Sarahbeautynz  I have purchased tonight from RoVie and Paula's Choice!  lol
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Whittakers, that makes me so happy! Haha, I love it. You'll have to let me know how you get on with them :)

I tried looking at the Ro Vie site last night to order some samples but I don't think I was doing it right as it was an epic fail lol I shall try again on the weekend.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Beauty.com always give samples and often they have a sample bag when you spend over $120 - the last time I got the bag it had items from Jurlique, Urban Decay, IT Cosmetics etc. you do have to use youshop with beauty.com but when they have that offer I like to take advantage of it ;)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Ohh, great thread Trudi! I have only really just discovered online skincare and makeup stores and I'll be checking out those that are mentioned.

The Living Nature sachets are small, normal sample size btw. It's great to be able to check them out first though. That's why I generally prefer to see a product 'for real' rather than buy online but once I know the product I could order then I guess. I'm a shopaholic I think and could spend half my life in Farmers lol
chloednz
217 posts
After hearing so many great things about Ro Vie on here I am definately making a purchase after next payday. Have also ordered the goodie bag from Oasis- so excited. My autumn/winter low spend is starting to look a little too spendy!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ro-Vie are amazing. The owner Joni is so adorable and super helpful. I bought a few sample testers and am working my way through them now. I put Megan on (mineral foundation) and I got a compliment this morning. I love playing with new makeup xx

Oh and these were purchased before project pan so I haven't cheated he he he x
_Nicole_
124 posts
woohoo I have samples coming from rovie! I'm so excited to try them :)
thanks ladys for your recommendations 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Skinfood include samples in your order if you order online and ask nicely, doesn't work if you just order like a bar of soap or two. But if order the mud masque or scrub then you can get quite a few samples in your order. Vanilla Bloom also include random samples in your order. Sorbet Sensational Solids, if you do an order you can request samples of products you would like to try and get them for free.
charly
456 posts
I was looking at Paula's Choice and Mecca and I can't see where you go to buy samples. Can someone please give me further instructions here??
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Hi Charly, with Paulas Choice you just need to select the product you want to try and it will have a drop down box giving you the option to purchase the full size or sample sizes, for most products that is (about 10% don't have the option to purchase samples). I'm yet to find a section on the website entirely dedicated to sample sizes.

I have a Mecca near me so have never ordered online sorry, hopefully one of the other girls can help with that one! :)
Mila
1209 posts
I've just ordered some tester sample bags off Ro-Vie excited !!!!!!! There is so much beautiful stuff on that site cant wait to try them out for my self :)
SandieNZ
424 posts
Charly I just got some samples through Mecca - I went online and went through everything I thought I might like, then I sent them an email asking about 2 particular products I wanted to try.  They were amazing - one of the girls phoned me the next day and talked through my concerns with me and what I wanted, for $10 courier fee, the very next day I received about 8 sample pots!  Such amazing service, and so neat to be able to try new products before having to commit to a fullsize price :)
Julieal
915 posts
I had never thought of checking sites for samples and this does sound like a good way to try products at a low cost -Thanks so much for all the information.
chloednz
217 posts
My order of a bunch of Paula's choice samples arrived today- yusss!
Macs
5351 posts
Fill us in on what those samples are like too. Might have to try them.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yay Chloe that's so exciting! You'll have to let us know how you get on with them :)
chloednz
217 posts
Im impressed so far! Really wish I had brought more of them (pretty much brought one of everything in my skin type) so I could give each product a longer try before committing. Loving how this site introduces you to brands you've never heard of!
you ladies are awesome can't wait to check some of the sites out thanks

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!