Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

MECCA Boxing Day Sale?

27 posts, 9 members
EliseMM
120 posts
I love love LOVE Mecca Maxima in Wellington which only opened a few months ago, but sadly they never have specials or sales. Does anyone know if Mecca does a boxing day sale? Or ANY kind of sale during the year for that matter?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I haven't been there when any instore specials happened. I think when the Two Faced Sweet Peach collection launched there was something special happening instore but I wasn't there. As far as online sales go I haven't seen them do anything beyond the once in a blue moon free shipping. The only specials they've had going on atm has been a free deluxe mini if you spend over $150. It's been changing based on availability for awhile it was mini liquid lipstick and then it was a night cream currently I think it's a primer. 

As far as Boxing Day sales I've asked and the store assistants and online customer service don't know if or what will be on sale or if there is a sale. They told me that stuff doesn't really go on sale or really do special deals and if there ever is a special they don't find out until the day it happens. I've been waiting, hoping for sales too.
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for asking this question. I was wondering if they would. I’ll keep a watch out for it online on my work breaks lol 
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I haven't noticed Mecca having sales but they do have a good rewards programme where you receive samples and birthday gifts. The birthday gift I received this year was two full sized Mecca products - a primer and setting spray. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes! The rewards programmer is amazing. And they've done free shipping a lot recently. I usually take advantage of that as you get three decent samples as well. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I really want to spend my way up to a level where I qualify for the beauty loop boxes. Luckily even though most stuff at Mecca is really expensive Soap and Glory are pretty affordable and there's also Frank body scrub which I really like. I have some dream carts of Mecca stuff waiting for me. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think there is plenty of affordable stuff at Mecca. I thought it would take me the full year to get to level one but I'm not far off level two and it hasn't even been a year yet lol. I go in once a month and a $30 spend each month is enough to keep me on level one. I now do that rather than get things like mystery boxes as I know what I'm getting and there is always something new to try. I also bought the few xmas presents I needed to buy from there. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mecca definitely isn't really expensive! I buy all sorts there for what I consider to be very reasonable prices, esp if you shop the minis bar (I only ever buy mini mascara, for example)\

The only things that are expensive there are expensive everywhere eg the Stila foundation I love. They stock an amazing range of affordable makeup and skin care.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Also, the more expensive stuff is really competitively priced. My Too Faced palette only costs $5 more in Mecca than what I paid for it in Sephora in America. It really wasn't worth carting all the way home for a $5 saving (I bought it just prior to Mecca opening in Wellington) 

Mario Bedascu is another great brand that is comparable to supermarket prices for something like L'Oréal.  The list goes on.....
trudijoy
8375 posts
and yup Level 1 wasn't that hard to reach, by the time you buy a few gifts, stock up on Soap and Glory, maybe pick up a scrub....

I switched to 'things I can get at Mecca' for some of my essentials so that helps:

- foundation (Stila)
- facial spray (Mario Badescu)
- pillow spray (This Works)
- lipsticks (UD Vice)
- coloured eyeliner (UD)
- lip scrub and balm (Frank)
- travel shower gel and body butter (Soap and Glory, Korres)
- basic shower gel (soap and glory)
- body butter (soap and glory)
- hand cream (Soap and Glory)
- mini mascaras (Urban Decay)
- brow pencils (Bare Minerals, BDB)

it adds up and it's stuff i'd be buying anyway....  apart from the $70 foundation (which includes a free brush and concealer anyway) nothing on that list is over $35. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Same here, Trudi, I've just swapped out a few essentials (although I'm still looking for a replacement for my Mac BB cream)

I bought the Bare Minerals eyebrow pencil on Trudi's recommendation. It's just as good as BDB and was only about $24. I don't consider that expensive for a good product. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
ooh glad you got that! i have the BDB one to use when i kill this BareMinerals one but yeah, it's cheap and it works - the Benefit one (which it's a very very good replacement for) is more than twice the price~!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'll probably go back to BDB when the Bare Minerals one is done as I slightly prefer that one and it's only a few dollars more. The Bare Minerals one is a good substitute when BDB isn't available though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've not used BDB for ages so i'll be interested to see how they compare :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I bought the Frank lip scrub on Trudi's recommendation and I like it better than the Lush one. The grains are finer and it seems to be stored in some sort of lip balm that turns to oil when you take a bit out of the tub. I got it on the Mecca Birthday sale special when they were giving three deluxe minis with every online order. 
Macs
5351 posts
I love that pencil soozie. I smoked my BDB pencil from my gamble box . I prefer it more than the mellow brow definer I got in the last vault. I wanna try benefit and Anastasia. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh look some stuff is actually on sale at Mecca. Mainly some Two Faced stuff, some Nars and cosmetic bags but worth a look. I got myself my first Nars blush.
EliseMM
120 posts
Yippee! I got me a Naked Smoky pallette for half price. I'm not very brave when it comes to creating a dark smoky eye, but hopefully I can make this pallette work for me.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I had a voucher so picked up the Too Faced Glitter palette :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I went instore to Mecca and the only things they have on sale is the Too Faced glitter palette ansd Naked smokey palette. Also deluxe samples of you spend over $85 younget deluxe samples today. I resisted all those but as I can't walk out of Mecca empty handed I did get a couple of new, full priced things to try. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I actually did call the store this morning around 9 and the store assistant said the only things they had for sale instore was the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette and Two Face Glitter Palette she wasn't sure about what they had on sale online. But I think there is more stuff for sale online. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just received my order from Mecca. I got an eyeshadow palette for a friend for her birthday then threw in another couple of items to get free shipping. I got the Lipstick Queen invisible lip liner and I thought the box for it felt a bit light. Well it's so invisible that the box is empty lol! I've just emailed them but their customer service is awesome so I'm sure they'll sort it out quickly. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
update: I received a response from Meccca within the half hour. They just wanted a few more details and will send another one out to me. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol Soozie they sent an empty box?! Cool that they are sorting it so fast. Things happen unfortunately:-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisa-Lou, I received the rest of my order but the invisible lip liner was just an empty box! Totally invisible lol. 
dropps
3 posts
  As far as Boxing Day sales I've asked and the store assistants and online customer service don't know if or what will be on sale or if there is a sale. They told me that stuff doesn't really go on sale or really do special deals and if there ever is a special they don't find out until the day it happens. I've been waiting, hoping for sales too.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
And this has been cut and pasted from tannygirls earlier post in this thread lol. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!