Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Perfume Scent

6 posts, 5 members
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
On my search for the perfect perfume I have encountered one that everyone else can smell fine but I can barely smell (on cardboard and skin). Has this happened to anyone else?
BeautyCutie
130 posts
A lot of the time it's easy to get so used to the fragrance you're wearing that you can't even notice it! Has happened to me heaps of times. Different people pick up scents differently, just like fragrances act differently depending on the wearer's skin. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
That is perfectly normal, whic is why scent is so individual.  I have had sinus infections at a early age which has left permanent damage to my sniffer and there is a certain level of smells I just can't detect, which is horrible for someone who loves to write reviews there is lots of times I smell nothing in a product only to look through other reviews where people say it smells a certain way.  I hate fresh scents for that reason, Marc Jacob Daisy just smells of fresh air to me but so many others love it.  My favourite are the deep musks, oriental spices and deep florals like lilacs because I can smell their full range. 
Macs
5351 posts
I have noticed that I smell some scents more than pthers. After I spray my perfume on I normally can't smell it after a couple of minutes. Not sure why.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
This one was one I tried on in the shop. And the little bit I could smell was really nice. It just was just really weak smelling.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo which scent was that? I find with most of my perfumes that others can smell it from just being in my general vicinity whilst I often can't smell it unless I sniff my wrist/clothing, which I do on a regular basis as I looove smelling fragrance all day every day!

I guess it just comes with the territory :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!