Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help - where can I find Tom Ford Black Orchid??

9 posts, 6 members
SandieNZ
424 posts
Hi lovelies, I really want to try Tom Ford Black Orchid and Tom Ford White Patchouli but there is no one local to me who sells it, and the only sites I can find with samples is the US one and it seems wasteful ordering 2 perfumes from there (although that might end up my only option!).  Does anyone have any other ideas?  Thanks :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Tom Ford is another one of those brands that only deal with the US market so you would be looking at getting it via a site there, however there is strict custom guidelines about perfumes being imported in so you might need to go on the google machine and find them out.  I use myperfumesample.com for any samples as you can get them in quite big vials for a little cost and they ship directly to NZ, takes about 2-3 weeks to get here though. 
Macs
5351 posts
I've never seen Tom Ford perfume in stores.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Just had a quick google (sounds bad but it's not!) for Tom Ford and the stock his perfume range over on Fresh fragrance and cosmetics,  I have used this site a few times without any hassle and everything is above board.  Here is the link 
If you're in Auckland, try Makeup direct in Westgate. It's the only store I've seen that has Black Orchid on sale at all and yes, they have a tester. I tested it and it was too dark and smoky for my tastes(kinda reminds me of Dita von Teese by Dita von Teese but much darker) but I know there is quite the hype around Tom Ford fragrances!

You could try sites that sell samples also if need be. Ebay can be good as long as you can get a somewhat fair price for it. I just looked it up and Surrender to Chance and The Perfumed Court sell small decants as well. Just bear in mind these can be pricey if you just want and it's better to order a bunch at once. I wanted to suggest Lucky Scent as well but they seem to only carry Tom Ford Private Blend(also they're stingy with sample sizes too).

Forgot to mention there will be an occasional seller with Tom Ford samples on Trademe though by the looks the only one with Black Orchid has sold out so far. You'll find that if a fragrance is hard to find, samples can be even tougher to come by and even more so if it's not available in NZ at all.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I can't offer any assistance with finding this fragrance unfortunately but I've always wanted to smell it! It sounds devine.

On a side note, I found the other day that there's a seller on TradeMe providing a similar service to Scentbird where you can select a scent you want to try and they fill up a travel perfume atomiser with your choice of perfume, it was $27 from memory. I think it's an awesome option for try out more expensive perfumes, I'm going to get Black Opium coz I just can't justify the price tag of a full size bottle right now.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey hun, the only place I know that sells it is StrawberryNet but it doesn't look cheap ouch x
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh yes, I've noticed they've got some Tom Ford on Trade Me too, not sure if its what you are after though hun x
SandieNZ
424 posts
Thanks everyone - I saw that one on TM but of course she's already sold it haha.  I've been looking at the Fragrantica website and it's suggested that as something I'd like since I wear Flowerbomb - it's so hard to find a perfume I love!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!