Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Who has actually used up a lip balm or even a gloss ???

54 posts, 49 members
pixie_stylz
228 posts
I really don't think i will be the only one who has done this, but i really don't think i have EVER used up a lip balm before lol. I always loose it before i get a chance too. then buy a new one and find my old one again. Maybe it's because lip balm's and glosses are so affordable that you buy new ones well before you are even half way through using your old one haha. Also i don't think i have ever emptyed a nail polish bottle before either. Iv'e throwen them away because of the fact they get lumpy or the brush gets damaged. Is anyone else the same ????
deville
42 posts
i always use up my Blistex lip balms - I have so many of them and they are in all pockets and bags so I can keep my lips in tip top condition.  They are also great as they have spf and work well with the wind and cold and great for the kids :)  As for nail polish - a little bug bear of mine as I have quite a few half used bottles and end up having to throw them out and they are so past using again or colours are my flavour any more.
xjayloux
900 posts
I do like lip balms if I can find a good one. Ive been using the balm that comes as part of the moreish skincare tower, its really good.. And I love pawpaw ointment, always using that!
xjayloux
900 posts
pixie_stylz have you ever used the pawpaw ointment? I promise you will use the end of the tube! :D
colleencanary
764 posts
Napoleon lipgloss! Finished those guys :)
Nishu
374 posts
Yup! Even I havn't finished a nail polish.
But I do finish my lip balms..I have them everywhere, car, home, desk, work.. and I do tend to use them up pretty fast. But that's just me.
pixie_stylz
228 posts
so going to try the pawpaw lip balm
LisaE5
447 posts
I always use up Nivea's lip balms in the stick. I love the honey and milk one and the hydro care, I always find myself buying more 
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
I think I've only every ended up using one lipbalm in my life haha, and that was the NIVEA hydro care! I own so many balms and glosses it's not even funny haha. 
kelseyfeisst
115 posts
Nop, haven't managed to use up one lipgloss or balm they either go missing or I find something else in the shops that I buy and then forget about the old ones.
niki
20 posts
Nope, don't think I ever use them up. I have so many of them in various places around the house, in different handbags etc, much to my husband's annoyance! He doesn't understand why I need so many, and I can't even really explain why I do... they are just cheap and pretty and so I keep buying more, and I always seem to lose my favourites!
xjayloux
900 posts
pixie_stylz lucas pawpaw ointment. Dont know where you live, but i find Kmart is the cheapest for it. Its really convinient in the tube and multi purpose for burns, lips etc.
Mama-c
11 posts
the only lip balm i can remember ever using up was a Blistex one, white tub, used to go through heaps of them, now i am a mum, so my kids steal them, i cant remember the last time i actually got to use one for more than a few weeks before being nicked!!
glitzygurl
17 posts
I normally loose mine before I get the chance to use them all up!
But I have recently finished a Maybelline Baby Lips balm
Supamango
12 posts
Hahahaha I thought this was just me! I think the only time I've ever finished a tube of lip balm was when I had one of those fruity smelling ones when I was a kid and I stupidly ate it thinking it would taste as good as it smelt!! I usually also tend to lose mine before I get a chance to finish it :(
pixie_stylz
228 posts
Lol i think i ate one as a kid to. Omg who remembers lip smackers lol. Im pretty sure they are still around. They smell amazing! when i was a teen i owned like 30 of them at one point. No wonder none of them got used up lol
LanaG
66 posts
i use ecostore peppermint lip balm it is soo awesome
xjayloux
900 posts
Ecostore. Ive been wondering about the ecostore beauty items. Will have to check it out.
wubwubb
37 posts
I love Lucas Paw Paw ointment. Theres a tube in my car, handbag and on my desk. It's like $9 a tube. It's an ointment so you can also use it for chaffing, itchy bites, burns, boils, cracked skin, nappy rash and cuts. Honestly, you need this in your bag. It's a miracle tube!
tanitaandtia
144 posts
I ALWAYS use up my maybelline shiny licious-caramelle it's awesome! But any other one i misplace before i can finish it!
BarbaraMay
131 posts
I've used 2 rose&co; lip balms up - only because I wanted the vintage style tins to use as candle holders!

Otherwise I'm a loser (!) or they get all sticky with bag-bits and I'm too grossed out to use them!
karenmarie280
88 posts
I am a user..I used to be a loser & kept having to buy them all the time but now I keep one in my pocket... (I never use a hand bag - if things don't fit in a pocket I don't need them)...when I am out & about, then when I am home I always put it in a little dish on the kitchen bench where I also keep my keys, that way I can always find it when I need to & remember to grab it on the way out the door. Actually now I am curious to know, How many handbag users are there ?I am going to start a thread just because I am so interested to see if there are others like me that don't really use a hand bag.
Heather
79 posts
I've used up a lip balm only once! It was a baby lips one in the Menthol, and I seriously loved it. Made my lips feel awesome. I still have about 100 just sitting in my makeup collection not being touched though... whoops
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I don't think I've finished any make up product except foundation ever lol.
Nat_FH
32 posts
  I just made a photobucket account purely so that I could show you ladies my eyeliner - it seemed pretty fitting in this thread ;)  (it's pretty cute too imo hehe) I also have countless lip balms that I've ended up dipping my pinky finger into the tube in order to get the last teeeny bit.  

http://s1023.photobucket.com/user/natsukofh107/media/IMG_0025_zpsdf79c813.jpg.html
rachelxo
14 posts
Ok so i am not a lip balm person buti cannot stress enough how amazing the eos lip balms are, just magic smell, taste, adorable packaging and they do wonders for your lips, obsessed geeeet one!!!!! 'Or a couple ;)
V-Vulpes
25 posts
I used up my first ever a couple months ago, it was Yes to carrots berry flavour. And I have just about used up the melon on I got after it. I can't believe I have nearly used up two in a row! It's just so perfectly suited to my needs that if I always have it on me :D
BeautyGirl
162 posts
I have never used up a lip balm or lip gloss even when i try my hardest to use them! i just have so many to pick from dont even no where to start! :) 
Sylvia
149 posts
Haha yes actually... lipbalms are the one thing that I consistently use up. I get really dry, easily chapped lips, especially in the colder months, so I always have at least two or three lipbalms on the go at a time, and (unless I really hate them in which case I'll throw them away) I usually finish one up in a few months. Especially Nivea balms - I love them so much, and will always use them over any other brand I've also got going at the time. Has anyone here tried the newish Nivea lip butters? They're my newest obsession - sooooo yummy smelling!!
1139 posts
The Nivea lip butters are amazing! I tried one for the first time last week and lost it after five days but I had to buy another one because I loved it so much! I've only tried the caramel one but it smells so good.
Maimy
76 posts
Hahaha I've become pretty good with not losing mine now. I've finished three in a row. Achievement unlocked.
tarawr158
119 posts
I actually just finished my lip balm (in a tube) yesterday! I think this is the first time ever. I usually end up losing my ones.
sophie123456
21 posts
I can say im the same. Lip balm always just seems to disappear before I get to the end and nail polish well I haven't got anywhere near finishing one!
isemonger
224 posts
I too just recently finished my first lip balm! I can't believe it stayed with me this whole time. Normally they sneak off on me and join the circus (sneaky wee things!)

Im so grown up. Not loosing my balm ;)

However, I promptly lost my new one yesterday. Sigh.
bex_mcd
46 posts
I normally lose them, but occasionally manage to keep hold of them long enough to finish
Rezee
1964 posts
I don't think I've ever finished one either. At school I remember having tonnes of different ones as did all my friends but I can't remember what happened to them all. Now my children usually wreck them before I get much of a chance to use them!
KnotJustAScarf
43 posts
Haha, I have like several ones being used at the same time so it takes ages, but I have on occasion used up a lip balm. Happily, every time I've lost a lip balm I found it again in a month or so, usually hidden in the depths of some bag.
daveeK
8 posts
Definitely have used up several lip balms as I used to have really dry crack lips and the need  of reapplication several times is a must. Lanolin cream seemed to have worked and healed my lips.
Never used up any lipgloss, either I get bored of using the same one or lose it.
ree_nz
247 posts
I seem to leave them in my pockets, which in turn go through the washing machine more times than I actually ever use one up! Has to be a seriously good balm for me to use up the entire thing!
Anisul
15 posts
I used my first one 2years ago I know this because I was soo shocked I didn't lose it palmers mint and chocolate gloss from the uk didn't leave my side or lips until that baby was empty now every time I go there I stock up never a day I'm without 
think it about finding one that you actually can't live without 
ieseon
67 posts
I am a lip balm addict! If I forget my lip  balm at home, I will have a bad day because my lips will chap and it dries like crazy and it annoys me the whole day.  I have used up lip balms all the time - I think it takes me a month to finish one.  Now with lip gloss, I haven't finished one, I get too lazy to put it on my lips and I get a bit annoyed with the stickyness and my hair magnetically stuck to my lips.  I think my lip glosses are sitting in the dark.
Bayley
238 posts
I think my boyfriend has even used up a whole lip balm before me and Ilove lip balm!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've used lipbalms to the end. I recently used up my third stick of Yes to Carrots Lip Butter pomegranate spf 15 to the end and my lips got sunburned walking to countdown to buy a new one. I'm also coming to the end of my Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm. I'll buy more before I run out but I'll try a different brand.
Rachael17
29 posts
I always use my lipbalms to the end.  I have one everywhere as well, at home, in my handbag, at my desk at work.  Babylips and Blistex are my current faves.  Lipglosses on the other hand I rarely use to the end.... due to the fact I have so many and I like to use a different one each time!  
gtsgrl
169 posts
I'm such a scrooge, I use everything to the end unless I hate it and then I just give it away to someone who will use it.
I hate waste.  I usually scrapt the lst of the lip balm out of the tube with my finger even!.
Prob the only thing I've ever thrown out has been nail polish that just got too old.
simone94
191 posts
I always have several lip balms on the go at once and I own way too manyh so it takes me forever to actually use them up
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I am constantly using lip balms! But then again, I apply them like a million times a day and never let them out of my sight haha. Never finished a gloss though! 
Aney37
88 posts
I don't think I've used up either of them! I normally chuck them out half use after having them for a year or more
lenarose
313 posts
I've used up a Lucas papaw, and a bunch of 8 hour creams too. Now I have so many lip balms - one on my desk, one in my bag, one on my makeup table, one on my bedside table that I doubt I ever will!
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I have!! but only certain flavours LOL My baby lips ones I always use up and the apple flavoured chapsticks I always use up. I always find random lip balms of mine when I think I have lost them. Like my hurraw balck cherry, I thought I had lost it but I found it in the bottom of my handbag, and one of my nivea lip butters I found under my bed this morning lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!