Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Vampire lips, please!

15 posts, 10 members
charly
456 posts
Hey, 

So I'm looking for suggestions...  I'm after a dark red lippy, one that makes you think of vampires/blood etc.  I saw a photo of Jeffree Star Unicorn Blood and it looks like the kind of colour I'm after, but I also believe it's not available in NZ atm.  

Anyone know of any other awesome dark reds?  Just to be annoying, I'm only interested in natural/safe/cruelty-free makeup these days.  

Anyone tried some of Karen Murrell's darker colours?  They look right but I'm too far from civilisation to try them in store...  

I would really appreciate some ideas!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I love these sort of colours! I ove unicorn blood and wish I could get my hands on it! I know it's being realesed in the states on the 8th of this month so tomorrow for us. Good luck in finding your perfect vamp colour x
charly
456 posts
I feel like vampires are all over the TV and movies - and have been for a few year now - so I'm surprised that there aren't more lip colours to match the trend!
Lutece
1849 posts
Vampire lips are awesome! Unicorn blood was the first shade to come to mind too, thank goodness JS is restocking soon :)

Australis has a shade called Doo-bai which is a vampy dark red shade with a slight purple tone

Ofra has a shade called Havana nights thats a similar shade to Unicorn blood

Both you can get at makeup.co.nz 
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Charly,

I've missed out on Jefrees lipsticks too. I really hope they restock and supply to new zealand again. The closest colour I can think of is La girl lip matte gloss Secret. This may be available at lovemymakeup store online. 
charly
456 posts
Thanks Macs and Lutece, I'll have to check those ones out!
Artemis
311 posts
Cruelty-free does make it a wee bit harder in that MAC have some perfect choices as do a few Korean and Chinese brands, but that's ok, theres other options out there.

I believe Unicorn Blood by JS is meant to be quite similar to Lime Crime Velvetine called 'Wicked', if you buy from them.

Living Nature have two beautiful new reds too.

Australis have a new 'Luxe Lips' range coming soon with heaps of shades in it.

I know exactly what you mean, was on the hunt for my perfect dark red for years, finally decided to buy Diva by MAC because its Marilyn Manson's signature shade ;) 
Lisa-
79 posts
I really like Avenue from Colourpop as a dark red for my fair skin. They also have a darker one called LAX which I haven't tried.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
LA girl has a burgandy/purple colour called va va voom which is an awesome dark colour. It's one of my faves!
tannygirl
3392 posts
If you're interested in Karen Murrell I have three of her red lippies. 

True Love - Classic true red, kinda bright but beautiful.

Racy Rata - Looks like a raspberry/magneta red on me.

Scarlet Blaze - The darkest red of the lot. It's a burgundy sort of red. Not super opaque. I think this is a shade most skintones could pull off. It would look darker on lighter skintones though. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
KVD has 2 shades, Vampira and Dammed which are perfect vampy colours :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Good luck. I've never really found that vampy shade so I've made my own by mixing lipsticks.
Artemis
311 posts
Apparently Wet n Wild is cruelty-free, and they have a nice colour called Cherry Bomb.

Besame is cruelty-free and has the most beautiful reds - http://besamecosmetics.com/collections/lipstick

There are also quite a few indie makeup brands if you dont mind trying something a bit different, i'll rack my brains to think of a specific one for you.

I think NYX may have a few options too? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
NYX soft matte lip cream in Copenhagen (?) is pretty dark and vampy, the man called it my Lorde lipstick lol
charly
456 posts
Oh my goodness so many amazing options... I'll never narrow it down to one!!  Haha!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!