Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The Lip Lounge

5 posts, 3 members
alikat
423 posts
Ladies of Christchurch! I've made a discovery! The Lip Lounge inside The Colombo is a little bit of New York. We've all got that place in New York that makes custom lipsticks on our bucket list - theres a place like that here. Went with a friend today and we had custom lipsticks made - hers a nude and flavoured like cherries and mine a LBBB colour, flavoured like Mimosa. Yes. Custom flavours even.

You watch them mix the pigments, tint the base (theres four I think?) and set it, and then you pick your tube to keep it in. It's certainly an experience. I'm going to save up some discontinued lipsticks and try to get them matched now.

FYI not an advert for them, but I'm gushing like a fan girl because we never get anything cool in Christchurch, but now we have Lip Lounge.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Omg omg omg this is too exciting!! I've never heard of this store (then again I hardly ever go into town) but I have to go and check it out!! What was the pricing like? Did you have to make a prebooking? I remember watching a youtube video of a lady who got custom lipsticks at bite beauty, but they were suuuper expensive. So even though I've wanted to try custom lipsticks for ages, the price has put it in a 'if I hit the lottery' category for me.
alikat
423 posts
I think you can rock up (we had a booking) and they do take bookings. Bite Beauty! I couldn't remember the place that did them! Thanks for the memory jog. The pricing is $45 for an unflavoured one, of $50 for a flavoured, scented one. Which when you think a MAC lipstick is around that price, its not bad.

The flavours I remember included cappucino, cherry, pink champagne, vanilla, mimosa, sambucca, creme brulee... and thats just the handful I remember. 

Looking at their facebook page, they've only been open a month
Kimrose
1415 posts
This sounds so awesome!  I have never heard of this, maybe worth a trip to Christchurch.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Omg cappuccino flavoured lipstick!! How does formula and pigmentation compare to other highend lipsticks? For instance I like the balmy application of YSL volupte ones and I like the bright opacity of Mac ones. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!