Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Shade Variety of Lippies in My Collection

12 posts, 10 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
 So I was going through my makeup bags/drawers of late. And went through my lippy collection and realized that as far shade selection when it comes to my lippies I have a fairly equal ammount of nudes, plums, reds and pinks amongst my 31 lippy products.

- 7 reds from raspberry red to dark burgundy

- 6 nudes from very neutral and almost too light for me, to pinky nudes, brownish nude and
even corally pink nude

- 6 plum/purple shades from berry purplish plum to a pinkish plum tinted balm

- 7 pink shades ranging from fuschia and orchid to a light pink gloss and tinted balm, 4 of which could probably fit in the next shade category

- 3 well.....they don't really show on my lips much they're very nude and look like I've applied something for a bit of sheen but even though there's color in the tube it doesn't show much on my lips.

- 2 brown neutral shades that both look about the same color both medium browns and really old probably due for the bin since they're starting to feel a bit like a lip plumper except it wasn't one when I bought it and if it was I'm not seeing any result for the itchy feel. 

So how is your shade selection when it comes to lippies? Do you collect multiples of dupes for what you already have unknowingly or do you mostly buy colors you don't have with the exception of a few being pretty similar?
Koni
444 posts
Are the reds and pinks your go-to shades Tannygirl?

I buy lippy knowing that I could possibly have a dupe considering how many I own. I've been on the hunt for my perfect nude for years so it's no surprise that I have a lot of that as well as plenty of pinky mauves because they're one of my favourite shades to wear.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Actually surprisingly reds aren't my to go since I need to do a full face in order for them to look good. But I love a good red. And I do spend more money on reds and brighter shades since I need them to last longer so almost all my reds are liquid lippies and the one stain I have is a red. Nudes is my to go because it suits any type of eye makeup look I put on and it's low maintenance so I can put it on in a hurry.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's so funny because I did my makeup last year and wore a dark shade of Lippy. It was my 2nd lipstick I ever owned and I haven't gone back. I have a couple of pinks and a nude but I now have more reds and dark plums and purples. They seem to be my go to colours
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah I think the thing I love about red or nice bright lippy is if you regularly do a neutral sort of eye makeup look like me then your lipstick can change your look. I don't collect a lot of eye shadow colors or shades, although I do have some colorful eyeliners, because when it comes down to it eyeshadow takes forever to pan them so I find it easier to have several good basic neutral eye shadow looks and switch up my lippies. Plus when my eyeshadow creases like it will because I have monolids then it won't be as obvious.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have two purple, a red brown and one caramel/nude, the other 7 are varying shades of pink which are worn most days. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm always looking out for the perfect pinky nude so I have a heap of those. I have some brights in my collection but I don't gravitate towards those all the time.
Artemis
311 posts
Amy, you rock those shades, love seeing what you do with them on IG! :)

I don't have a single pink except for the nYX Butter Gloss I got in my Beauty Vault. I don't tend to buy dupes, but I d buy a lot of reds (still on my mission to find The One - MAC Diva is pretty much it but a bit matte/dry), used to buy tons of purple but find it harder to wear these days, then starting buying lots of darker browns. I have a MLBB shade, and have really warmed up to it, lighter nudes don't do much for me.
Went through a phase last year of buying 'metallic' goldy-bronze colours that are pretty but not really suited to me or flattering.
I loves wearing all sorts of makeup shades, so circulate through my collection very regularly.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i have some darks (which i really don't wear) and a couple of more orangey reds (which require monochrome clothing and a bit of a tan to work), plus a few randoms like my sky blue one, but for the most part they're through the pink/purple/red spectrum, veering towards very bright. I love my brights <3
Macs
5351 posts
In my collection I seem to have a lot of different shades of nudes and reds. I hardly have any purples, browns, pinks and orage tones. Im liking this metallic trend thats in at the moment.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have about 10 pinks, 8 reds, 4 browns, 4 purples, 3 nude/pinks that are really just a subtle lip shimmer. And I had 2 blues, a green and a black that I can't find but are there somewhere. I'm always on the look out for the perfect shade.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I have a good mix but I gravitate towards the same thing always - oranges and corals.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!