Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Preferred type of lip products

29 posts, 25 members
MissQT
1547 posts
So what's your preferred type of lip product - e.g lipstick, lip gloss, lip stain etc. I'm a lipstick girl, I don't do lipgloss as I drink a lot during the day and it rubs off easily so I end up with a sticky mess around my lips. I don't own any lip stains but this is something I would like to try. I also want to try the matte lip glosses/lip stains.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I don't like lip gloss, I find it too tacky on my lips. I now love lipsticks! I like matte either liquid or stick.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I prefer mattes - I have 1 Lime Crime shade and 3 Jeffree Star shades and I lourve them. I find LC a bit drying compared to JS, but I still love them all!
tannygirl
3392 posts
For comfort and easy application lipstick. For stayability lip stains or liquid lipstick. I'm terrible at applying liquid lipstick and lipstains or maybe just bold colors in general but I still love the look with a full face of makeup. Never been huge on lipglosses.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lipsticks, especially liquid lipsticks with a matte finish - my ultimate faves are the Kat von D everlasting liquid lip range

otherwise something as hydrating as possible
Rezee
1964 posts
I think I prefer balms and glosses overall but I do like liquid lipsticks too. I don't mind the dryness. I just hate the thought of a lipstick going all over my face.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I prefer lip stains.  I'm loving Revlon Colorburst balm stains at the moment, they don't dry my lips out like some other stains that I've tried.  The colour is long-lasting and the chubby crayon is easy to apply.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I am matte lipstick person. It's stay longer than other. I also like colour lipbalm. They are my go to product. Didn't try lip stain or liquid matte lipstick yet.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I like the feel of a creamy hydrating lipstick best but I'll often wear matte instead because it lasts longer.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm a stain sort of person. I think this is mainly because I am lazy and don't like having to reapply makeup all the time. I don't mind if they are glossy or matte. I particularly like my Jeffree Star liquid lipstick that is really matte and my YSL lip tint in oils that are very glossy but fantastic shades and look beautiful. I also like the Revlon ones as well.
Macs
5351 posts
Im gravitating towards liquid lipsticks. But I do like a nyx butter gloss for day wear and lipsticks for special ocassions. Also chubby sticks as well, are fun for day wear. I think Im an all round lip product junkie
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Lipliner and lipstick is my perfect combo. Lasts all day and doesn't dry out my lips. Anything too matte results in dry lips the next day and I like more depth than a gloss. I use the Charlotte Tilbury liner and lipstick most days as I love the finish and it makes no difference to the condition of my lips. 
Lutece
1849 posts
Im a liquid lipstick kind of gal, because it lasts a bit longer than a lipstick, but I do like lipglosses too. Just not the parts when its windy and my hair gets stuck on my lips lol
MareeB
5242 posts
I prefer lip pencil. It dries immediately and doesn't rub off or bleed.
Jesse
745 posts
I'm a lipstick girl through and through. I have quite a few liquid lippies but I find lipsticks are more easily applied and re-applied. Lipglosses I find too sticky and end up with my hair in my lips.
Koni
444 posts
Lip pencil and matte lipstick combos for me. Ahhhh Lutece I get sooo agitated with lipglosses on a windy day!!!
MissQT
1547 posts
 I often forget about lip liners! I need more so I have a wider colour range. 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I prefer liquid lipstick now after being spoiled by the Jeffree Star liqiud lipstick.  I like matte finishes but am partial to satin as long as it has stay power.  I like Shaza have lime crime and jeffree star but prefer the formulation of jeffree's.  That girl knows his stuff when it comes to makeup it's so luxurious!  I do like to use a lip balm if my lips are dry or over matte finishes if I want to change the look a tad.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Liquid lipsticks that dry matte, and last all day.  So much easier and more comfortable to wear I feel.  Love trying out different brands of them too, just found the Cailyn range and I am amazed at how well they feel like 2nd second and don't dry out your lips.  Never been a gloss fan so only own 2 of which I sometimes use to add a pop of gloss to the centre of my lipstick. Tradition type in matte, satin or shimmer are my 2nd choice but I always end up reaching for the liquid type, so hassle free!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I like lipgloss, lipstick and lip balm.

Lip Balm - a nice cream, moisturising one that has no colour and doesn't leave a white coat on your lips and preferably in an actual stick not a tin as I don't find them particularly user friendly.

Lipgloss - I like lipgloss that isn't sticky, I hate that and I don't like it thick either or with glitter, I'm super fussy so don't tend to wear them really.

Lipstick - has to be a creamy and moisturising lipstick, unfortunately matte doesn't work due to having super dry lips.  
Kimrose
1418 posts
I have tried a couple of matte lippys but found them really drying, but I tried a couple of different ones and they were fine. I have a huge collection mainly of lipsticks, I love most things as long as they dont dry out my lips.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I like my matte liquid lipsticks or just matte lipsticks. Dont realky like glosses and hardly do lipliners. Havent tried lipstain though.
severest
44 posts
I am in love with Chichi lip stains! I don't have time throughout the day to reapply so I pop the stain on in the morning put some lip balm over the top throughout the day and it will last until I get home in the evening with no bleeding or cracking
MissQT
1547 posts
ah I must try the chi chi lip stains!
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm a lipstick girl! Love mattes the most... 

I hate the tacky feeling of lip gloss so stay right away from those.

I have got one of the Chi Chi lip stains, I find it ok.. it lasts about the same as my matte lipsticks but not as long as I would have thought. 
I've been keen to try a higher end stain to see how it compares.
Julieal
915 posts
Matt lipstick is my usual however I haven't tried srains . I hate lip gloss
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I got inspired/enables by this thread and bought the Australis mini velour lips set today. I haven't tried matt liquid lipsticks before. I got the brights as they just looked so pretty in the box (and I'm not into nudes). Hmmmm, not so sure the colours and finish are for me now I've tried them on. Will probably use them more like a stain with a satin lipstick or gloss over top. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
soozie try a gloss under, then a super thin layer and a touch of gloss on top. stops them looking quite so dry-paint
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks Trudi! I will definitely make them work. Except that orange. Not sure anyone could carry that one off lol. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!