Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How to Fix A Pressed Powder Product That Looks Like It's Gone Waxy In the Pan

2 posts, 2 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Hard pan. That's a new term I found out today. I love my Billion Dollar Brow Powder that I was lucky to score in one of the vaults. It's the ONLY brow powder I have in my makeup collection and almost every time I do my makeup I put it on. Gone are the days when one brow product would suffice, I must use three! Over the last few months I've noticed it going waxy and it was harder to get the ammount of pigment I used to. I tried wiping the top off with a tissue but it didn't seem to do anything. I thought it had gone bad and decided to research the shelf life for it. The odd thing is none of my pressed powder products have had this problem. Well one blush did after I stupidly decided try to use a damp beauty blender to apply it and I ended up having to scrape the top with a knife to get to the pigmented product and I ended up giving it away. 
  So I kept googling it and came across the term hard pan. Hard pan is when the pressed powder product looks a bit darker or discolored, like it has waxy film over it in the part at has been used the most and you're barely getting any pigment from that waxy area compared to the area that doesn't have the waxy layer. It the result of the oils from your face or foundation or moisturizer mixing with the top layer or product via your makeup brushes. Well, that figures considering when slather on my sunscreen alot of it seems to end up in my brows. Turns out hard pan is easily fixable. So used a bit of tape and voila, brow powder as pigmented as when I got it.

Note to self: Change your spoolies and angled brow brushes more often. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never had his happen to me but thanks for those great tips! I've heard of this happening to those that own the ABH dip brow pomade too

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!