Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Cruelty free mascara recommendations please

15 posts, 13 members
ang
5 posts
I'm slowly changing all my products to cruelty free and next on the list is mascara. Can anyone recommend a good cruelty free one. Doesn't have to be vegan just not tested on animals and from a generally environmentally friendly company.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Eye of Horus is not only a fantastic mascara, but also not tested on animals.
From website: "Eye of Horus has fabulous retail appeal, repeat customer loyalty with the iconic Award Winning range of eye products that are wax and oil based, paraben-free, great for sensitive eyes and not tested on animals."

(I hope that link worked)

Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Yup Eye of horus for sure. I've just been trying the Big fatty mascara from urban decay (who are cruelty free but owned by a corporation who has a lot of companies that do test, so I'm a bit iffy on them)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Or Lush have a mascara now, I've heard good and bad things, but I think it's like anything, works for some and not for others :)
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Totally agree, Eye of Horus mascara is great.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The following brands are all cruelty free: Blinc, e.l.f., Essence, Inglot, Innoxa, Smashbox, Tarte, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Wet 'n Wild and Youngblood.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I did think Too Faced was cruelty free but I couldn't remember! Thanks Silvene. Their mascara is the bomb diggety (do the kids still say that? hahahahaha) I get heart eyes whenever I use it :P (the mascara, not the words 'bomb diggety' haha)
Macs
5351 posts
I been wanting to try Physicians Formula Organic wear mascara. They sell it at Hardys. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Oh I'm surprised e.l.f is cruelty free at their prices. Awesome. And usually the body shop's cosmetics are cruelty free as well. Good on you, I try to do cruelty free where I can as well.
kirstyj
1732 posts
From experience I would go for EOH instead of e.l.f. I'm just about to post my review of my second elf mascara and unfortunately (for the price) both of them were really crap.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh I must read that review kirsty j. I've been wanting to explore the elf brand more too.
notjaya
62 posts
living nature has a great natural mascara. they're cruelty free too.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I was just about to say Living Nature too. Natio have them as well and they are a good price and easy to get hold of.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I would recommend Eye of Horus first of all. I would also recomend 100% Pure Black Tea Mascara which retails for less than $40 and is also vegan.
Artemis
311 posts
I personally haven't tried their mascara, but I am  a huge fan of Dr Hauschka products and I reckon theirs would be worth trying out (although expensive :()

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!