Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Welcome to

Beauty Review

Want to be advised of trial teams we’re running, giveaways, great beauty offers and competitions? Sign up to receive our newsletter now, it’s easy.

Bold (colour) eye make up

7 posts, 7 members
  KiwiLass
REVIEW EXPERT
(82 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
I usually stick to browns and blacks for eye make up, especially on office days - very brown/nude colours.
But I read recently that purple works great with green eyes (my eye colour) so ordered a purple shadow from iherb. Since today is a work-from-home day I put a green glitter eye lner on my bottom lash line, and the purple shadow (not the greatest quality unfortunately - I've gotten used to the good quality of Mellow) on my lids.
And behold, it looks great, and nowhere near as OTT as I thought! I even got a couple of compliments at a meeting in town this avo.
So I'm going to experiment with more colour - t'is Spring after all. What's the boldest colours others have worn?
  MareeB
REVIEW EXPERT
(2992 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
That sound awesome Kiwilass, good for you. The green eyeliner sounds intriguing,
  itsclearascrystal
REVIEW EXPERT
(1486 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
Haha most bright look I've done is putting the whole rainbow on my eye. Good on you for embracing the bold colors.
  Shana_Banana84
REVIEW EXPERT
(554 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
That sounds soooo nice the purple and green!  I am all for bold.  I think the brightest I have tried is for a dare I put on here to get people to try their least fave colours.  I used yellow eyeshadow and orange lipstick.  It actually made me hate yellow a little less.  I wonder if my selfie of the completed look is still on here.
  kim_rose
REVIEW EXPERT
(823 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
Isnt it fun experimenting.  And so amazing how certain colours bring out our eyes. I love gorgeous eyes.
  Macs
REVIEW EXPERT
(4851 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
A bright yellow gold a while ago. I think now I could attempt it better than I did the last time .
  Julieal
REVIEW EXPERT
(688 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
Good on you for trying brighter colours -I am a bit on the cautious side but love seeing colour on others -

New?

to find out why you
should join New Zealand's largest beauty website

Click here
Review of the Day
blondefairy74
Love my 'new' nails!!
I was keen to try these product as my nails are brittle and split easily, and my cuticles are often… more »