Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bold (colour) eye make up

7 posts, 7 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
I usually stick to browns and blacks for eye make up, especially on office days - very brown/nude colours.
But I read recently that purple works great with green eyes (my eye colour) so ordered a purple shadow from iherb. Since today is a work-from-home day I put a green glitter eye lner on my bottom lash line, and the purple shadow (not the greatest quality unfortunately - I've gotten used to the good quality of Mellow) on my lids.
And behold, it looks great, and nowhere near as OTT as I thought! I even got a couple of compliments at a meeting in town this avo.
So I'm going to experiment with more colour - t'is Spring after all. What's the boldest colours others have worn?
MareeB
5239 posts
That sound awesome Kiwilass, good for you. The green eyeliner sounds intriguing,
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Haha most bright look I've done is putting the whole rainbow on my eye. Good on you for embracing the bold colors.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
That sounds soooo nice the purple and green!  I am all for bold.  I think the brightest I have tried is for a dare I put on here to get people to try their least fave colours.  I used yellow eyeshadow and orange lipstick.  It actually made me hate yellow a little less.  I wonder if my selfie of the completed look is still on here.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Isnt it fun experimenting.  And so amazing how certain colours bring out our eyes. I love gorgeous eyes.
Macs
5351 posts
A bright yellow gold a while ago. I think now I could attempt it better than I did the last time .
Julieal
915 posts
Good on you for trying brighter colours -I am a bit on the cautious side but love seeing colour on others -

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!