Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's Your Trusty Default Full Face Makeup When You're In Hurry or Running Late?

13 posts, 11 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   We've all been there, in fact this scenerio happens more often than we like. The day before you had plans to exercise your makeup creativity with your gorgeous eyeshadow palettes, liquid liners, blushes, colorful makeup and liquid lipsticks. Come morning you turned off the alarm, grabbed your breakfast, got dressed and then realized you were running late so the creativity got tossed aside in favour of looking presentable and having a full face done on time to get out the door. What brands and specific items do you consistently default to? And why did you choose those particular items/brands?

For a full face for me it's my:

- Napoleon Auto Pilot Primer

Why?: Make up stays on really well and it applies smoothly and doesn't feel heavy on my skin suits my skin when I have breakouts or when it's more dry. I seriously dread the day I run out.

- Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Why?: This eyeshadow stays put longer than any other eyeshadow I own, it's very pigmented, full of those neutral shades I need to put together a good eye makeup look and I can get a complete matte eye look which I like atm out of that one palette.

- Hourglass Ambient Edit Palette or Hourglass Ambient Wardrobe

Why?: I prefer the first one because it has face powder, bronzer, blush and highlight all in one. Hourglass is one of those brands that you don't easily over apply and mess it up and it looks so gorgeous and seemless on my skin and has the most beautiful, elegant glow. Alternatively I will grab the second palette sometimes but I do prefer the first.

- Eye of Hourus Brow Perfect

Why?: Two in one product with the pencil and the brow gel. It's quicker for filling in my brows that the ultimate brow define. I just use a spoolie to sort of blend the color through my brows and it's more time efficient than penciling in all the individual hairs. 

- RT Flawless Foundation Brush or Expert Face 

Why?: Depends on what I feel like on the day the Flawless Foundation is great for when I want a bit more coverage. The Expect Face is good for when I want to just buff away and deal with less streaks. 

- Mac Twig Lipstick

Why?: Fave nude atm the moment looks really pretty and lasts for several hours. Nude color can go with any makeup look and it's fuss free application. Plus if I apply, blot, reapply, blot, reapply and powder I can get like five hours of wear provided I don't eat. Plus it feel comfortable on my lips. And if I forgot to exfoliate my lipst it's not too bad in application unlike some other lipsticks. 

So what items of which brands, do you consistently reach for when you're in a hurry and need a full face of makeup that day and why?
trudijoy
8375 posts
i can easily do a facefull in less than ten mins :)

My easy go to is:

base: Victoria's Secret Fresh Faced primer, and whichever BB cream of foundation i'm using, depending on where i'm going, topped with essence powder

face: essence ombre blush, TooFaced candlelight glow

brows: gimmebrow

eyes: either sin, bordello, tornado and baked cowboy from the UD Shadowbox or the two teal shades from KVD metal matte, with black eyeliner, smudged over with tornado for the first look or blue for the second, no liquid eyeliner, but black mascara

lips: Australis Velourlips in Lun-dun or Ma-li-boo, or an NYX butter gloss.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Other items I grab for a full face just because I need them for a full face are my Bobbi Brown foundation, eye primer, whatever liquid liner I have at the moment (because I will not leave the house without liquid liner on), concealor, whichever eye brushes I fancy that day and whatever other face brushes I want to use to apply my face powder, blush, bronzer and hightlight and sometimes my Elf exfoliator for my lips. 

Actually lately I have been grabbing my Urban Decay Roller Girl palette since it's full of metalics and I use the shade Verve (light silvery shimmer) as a highlight to go with my matte eyemakeup. 
Macs
5351 posts
I always go for fast application:

1.Setting spray-Avon
2. Foundation- Maybelline ( Haven't found perfect one yet)
3. Eye liner - Sante  (still haven't found one that doesn't fade) 
4. Brows Loreal brow artist 
5. Normally nyx butter gloss but I lost it at motat.  
6. Mascara - Benefit they're real bottom lashes,  maybelline top lash 
7. Loreal precious oil Spray in hair up in bun. Haven't got time for straightening.
8. I always end with a spray of perfume over my body and clothes. 

kirstyj
1732 posts
Personally I don't reach for specific products or brands if I'm running late. I just skip the eyeshadow, and my hair goes up in a braid rather than being straightened.... But in reality I already have breakfast at work so I can have as much sleep in time as possible.
Ringy
825 posts
Gosh mine is pretty basic (and tragic)- NYX bb cream, mascara, a quick swipe of highlighter sorta everywhere, a once over with the eyeshadow brush using the dregs of whatever I last used and then whatever random lipgloss I find in the car or my handbag. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I skip the primer if I'm in a hurry and apply the lipstick on the way. I apply foundation, powder, blush, bronzer (and highlighter if there is time), use a grey metallic eyeshadow, black eyeliner and mascara and race my brow plumper through my brows. If time I'll then apply usually a pink or red lipstick, otherwise it will get applied before I walk in to where I'm going. Where I make up the most time is by doing a much more basic eyeshadow than usual. Productwise, the brands change, but the type of product usually stays the same.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I use sunscreen always by Mecca
Primer always dependant on my preference of which one I use.
Then I like to use a cc cream (It Cosmetics) if in hurry but skip contour for just bronzing and use the bronzer as my eyeshadow combined with blush & highlight for my lid & inner tear duct. Benefit hi brow for my waterline it's very brightening
So the bonzer I almost if not always use in my lid for crease is the Too Faced dual bronzer Idk the name as I've taken the pan out of the book of bronzers but it has a deep shade with shimmer with a matte light shade,
the lids dependant on the blush then thats what I apply to my lid, or I've been using the pink leapord bronzer on my lids as its a nice by Too Faced bronzing/highlight/blush gives a nice sheen & keeps my lids looking nice but natural.
I'll always do my brows with ABH brow definer & will set it my the new formulated Benefit gimme brow.
Lips will be a matte lip cream or a cream matte lipstick & apply a lip topper or gloss to the middle.
I set my face with a combo of Austrails banana powder & air spun powder & mascara is Tarte Lights , camera, flashes with Maybelline setting spray to end the look. Also highlight is Becca rose gold on my cheekbones.
Also I'll apply with my bblender & use a combo of morphe , RT & IT cosmetics brushes to apply powder products. This is my fast track fast skipping out shadows for my lids in place of face products. I can get ready like this in 15mins
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I'm somehow always running late, so my makeup is almost always done in a rush. But on the bright side I've gotten really quick and can do it all in about 5min! Here's what I use in order

-Natio sunscreen
-Smashbox pore minimising primer (only on my t-zone)
-loreal nude cushion foundation all over
-Marc Jacobs foundation on eyebags and any red patches
-nyx brow pencil
-skinfood transluscent powder
-diorshow extase mascara
-curl mascara with heated curler
-liptint/tinted balm 
-And maybe highlight or blush if I feel like it.

Because I go for a more natural, no makeup look I usually don't wear eyeshadow and contour unless I have lots of time to play around.
MareeB
5244 posts
Mine's always moisturiser, oil, CC cream, tinted moisturiser, mineral powder, eye brow pencil, eyeliner on my eye line and in the eye crease, and tinted lip gloss. Then brush my hair and dispose of the quantity of it that lands on the floor and in my brush!!!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mine is pretty basic: skinfood light moisturiser, moisture mist bb cream, revlon mascara, blistex lip conditioner :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sometimes I will opt for my Oasis BB cream instead of foundation because it gives pretty good coverage in comparison to my light coverage foundation and it doesn't require a primer. 
-Bex-
611 posts
Dermalogica SPF 50 moisturiser 
mirenesse primer
bye bye undereye
Maybelliene Fit me foundation
Urban decay naked 1 or 3 (perfect nudes) eyeshadow
MAC brown eyeliner 
mascara (I think it's a L'Oréal one) 
BDB brow palette 
Charlotte tilbury airbrush flawless finish 
Whatever lipstick I find first

still takes me 15 minutes. thats just a basic "wake me up look"

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!