Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Make Up Items are You Most Tempted by?

34 posts, 24 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I was thinking about it today. I love all makeup items. But while I love it all I am more likely to collect lipsticks and face products, then say eyeshadows. My reasoning is those items are easier to pan off those items and whereas it takes me forever to pan off say an eye shadow palette. Plus I anything for face effects my overall look and forms the base of any makeup look I create. For example: Not every makeup look I create I will use a purple or green eyeshadow, for but a good foundation and setting powder can be worn with just about every makeup look. Lipsticks because just a different color can make a difference in the outcome of my makeup look, they are easy to apply and I do reapply them so they are easier to use up. 
   So what facial feature or area of your face do you collect the most makeup for? Where do you splurge? 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Such a good question! I'm a sucker for eyeshadow palettes and Highlighter.....aggghhhh shining like a disco ball is the greatest thing in life lol. I feel though I need to start in the primer and setting powder though as my collection lacks these items.
tannygirl
3392 posts
For me it's face palettes and face powders and lipsticks. I currently have two Hourglass palettes, two face powders, two blush singles and one contour bronzer. Not a huge collection but good brands. As far as lipsticks I have probably about twenty something lipsticks and about six glosses. My collection isn't as large as some people but it's plenty and probably more than I can use up and most of my stuff is on the pricier side as well. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks would be what I collect the most of because there is so many colours and so many finishes to them as well. I do stock up on foundation a little bit too.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Great thread.
For me I always have lusted over palettes however when it comes to purchases proof shows that my temptations are as follows,
Lipsticks, Foundations, bronzers, concealers, brow products then blushes not to say I don't love palettes I jaut haven't purchased many myself gifted them yes not purchased any. I also move highlighters more then ever but gee I have only a fee which is adequate enough for me rn. :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Also tempted by nail polishes and blending sponges
Jesse
745 posts
Probably lippies! I splurge on foundation, bronzer and powder, but I COLLECT lipstick. My makeup looks normally revolve around my lipstick and I love collecting different colours and finishes.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
How can forget I've recently been tempted by face powders too loose and fixed setting powder and banana powder
2lilmnkys
106 posts
My favorite would be lipstick. Mostly mattes though. Highlighters and foundation come second.
@Keri have you tried sacha cosmetics setting powder. I'm into that at the moment.
MareeB
5242 posts
Eye liners for me, but also foundations/BBcreams/tinted moisturisers, seem to take up a lot of space in my room.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Thanks @1ilminky I'll check that out
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Eyeliner eyeliner and just eyeliner..........and then blush, eyeshodow, lipstick( recently)etc.

Now I am looking highlighter... Another temptation.
Macs
5351 posts
Im always distracted by Lush and Lipsticks. Its a big obssesion I have.  But I really should be focusing on concealers, finishing powders, brow products, highlighters.  
MareeB
5242 posts
I'm with you on the Lush train Macs :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh yes nail polishes! My collection has been growing I have quite few color polishes atm. I think I'm tempted by brands when it comes colors mainly because I cook, clean, do dishes, DIY projects, etc. But I'm not good at painting my nails and I like my polish to stay on longer so if I see a reasonable priced quality polish in a color I think I'd like then it tempts me. Oh and I splurge on nail treatments, base and top coats because I know I can pan those off so don't mind investing in something I know I'll use most of it up. 
Kimrose
1418 posts
I am a sucker for lippies and eye shadow palettes. I have a huge collection of both.  I did recently have a sort out, but still have a great collection. It makes me happy :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I can never resist the temptation of lip glosses, especially if they've cool packaging. I don't even wear lip gloss that often but I just have to impulsively buy them. Also eyeshadow and lipbalms but to a lesser extent.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm recently into Lush too slow to the train but finally boarding lol also face masks I love them mud, cloth, sheet and clay masks aswell as coffee scrubs
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
For me, it's Lush. No surprises there lol. 
MareeB
5242 posts
Confession Charmmy-kitty - I'd been using clear gloss on my eyebrows to stick them into place, you know, the waxy kind of lip gloss? it actually works heeheehee
idomakeupnz
150 posts
My weakness is definitely matte lipsticks, whether they be traditional lipsticks or liquid lipsticks - I want them all! But, they all seem to be in the same colour family haha so I guess I hoard taupes, nudes and odd colours too.
Eyeshadow palettes are something I tend to collect without much guilt because I know they won't expire so I don't feel so bad about having lots lol #logic
As of late I have had a problem with nail polish too, I see a pretty colour - I want it. But I think I've found my holy grail brand/formula so I've been culling my polish collection to just have what I love.
MissQT
1547 posts
nail polish used to be mine. I thi I actually have about 100. However because I have so many I've actually stopped buying them, and will only buy more when I clear out old ones.
-Bex-
611 posts
All of the makeup, All of the time. Probably eyeshadow palettes though, so many pretty colours in one small place make me weak at the knees. Especially now that I'm loving bright colours. Also love lipsticks too and I'm starting to get a rather large collection 
Chaotic82
522 posts
Lipstick and Eyeshadow Palettes.  I did a cull of my lipsticks not that long ago and I still have far too many.  I'm usually tempted by really similar shades as well.  I've tried getting a bit more adventurous and mixing thme though to get a new shade :)
charly
456 posts
My biggest weakness is definitely skincare (current obsession is toners). I think it's because I know I'll use the whole thing up, as opposed to a piece of makeup I might use three times in a year.

For makeup I used to be a sucker for eyeshadow, but I've recently developed an obsession with matte lip colour. I think it's because now I'm a mum I don't have time for elaborate eye makeup - and let's be honest, I don't actually go anywhere anyway - but lippy is a quick and easy way to make myself feel like I am 'done up'. 

On that note, I think I need to go online shopping for another lippy...
Rezee
1964 posts
I go through phases. Like I'll suddenly decide that I don't have enough blusher so I'll stock up on heaps of that and then move on to the next thing.At the moment, I'm just trying to rotate through my makeup that I already own. I have heaps that I have barely used so it almost feels like new. Eyeshadow will probably always be my number 1 love and want I'll never feel like I have enough of.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oooh idomakeupnz what's your holy grail brand and why? I have a polish obssession as well. 

Charly skincare is my number one weakness as well, I justify it because I know I go through it faster than makeup. Incidently I do go through my toners the fastest of all my other skincare products unless it's a gel toner. Probably because mose of my toners are spray toners, so five spritz each time and by two weeks later I wonder why half the bottle is gone. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Eyeshadow palettes and liquid lipsticks.

Even though I have quite a stack of palettes already, I'm so easily sucked in by pretty packaging which is probably the number 1 reason I have the Urban Decay Alice through the looking glass palette inbound.  Liquid lipsticks have me too, everytime I see a new brand has them I feel almost compelled to buy at least half a dozen to test and try.  It's a nightmare but one I don't want to wake from ;)
Qweenkaren
313 posts
For a few days I've been thinking about this thread, and then tonight, when we ducked into the warehouse for paint trays, it turns out face masks is my thing.
Ooooh, I haven't tried that one, never mind the 50 million I have unopened and the 3 currently open, that I barely get a chance to apply one a week at the moment!
Another two added to my stash.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Perfume is the addiction, and the more bottle different the better and packaging, bright packaging attracts me as well.
butternutter
42 posts
I'm very much an eyeshadow palette and lipstick addict. Not even going to count how many of each, it's embarrassing! A lot of it's very similar yet nothing is quite the same, if that makes sense. Most of the palettes are sort of neutral with a few pops of colour here and there. Lippies are virtually all reds (can't get enough!) and nudes.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I tend to go through phases. A few years ago, it was palettes, I just couldn't have enough.  Then I moved on to a fascination with lip gloss which evolved into a love of lip stains.  Then I went through a coloured mascara phase and now it seems to be powder!  I prefer loose to pressed and I have three different powder compacts open at the moment (all pressed) and have my eye on 3 more that I want to try.
Perfumes and hand creams. I had a week not long ago where I used up two hand creams within a few days! I have two I'm using up right now and it looks like they will last, maybe a fortnight each at most.

And don't get me started on perfume. I can't fight my urges. When I see something rare on TradeMe, I HAVE to have it! Someone was selling Shalimar Ode a la Vanille sur la Route du Mexique a few months back on auction and I just paid the buy now!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Collecting handcreams makes sense. It doesn't hurt to have one by every sink in the house and one in every purse and one on your nightstand and one at the desk. If you count how many sinks and how many purses you have, the desk, the nightstand and oh the car. You can easily justify a few or more tubes open at a time.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!