Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What have you tried lately?

27 posts, 22 members
Hope everyone is wrapped up safe and warm tonight. Lets snuggle down and talk about make up :)

So today I did something with my make up that I have never done before. When I say what it is you will think its silly but it made a big difference to my make up and was so simple. 

Instead of doing a winged liner (signiture everyday makeup look) I just lined my lash line without the flick. 

I loved the look and it was a super simple change but it looked really different. 

What have you guys done differently lately? What is something you do to mix up your look. 

Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Great topic! Such subtle changes can make the biggest difference and dropping the wing would certainly do that :)

I actually have done the opposite to you lol I haven't been doing wings for about a year. I hadn't really been doing liner on the top lashes at all for that matter, I just stuck to tightlining. This was because I'd finally realised that liner doesn't necessarily look the greatest on hooded lids.

However, last week I had the urge to do the whole sha-bang, liner and wings! And I did! And I don't care if there's only 1mm of lid space left, it made me feel good! So yeah, I've been doing that pretty much every day since, haha.
kirstyj
1732 posts
In my latest iherb order I popped in a packet of the Elf individual lashes because I have never done fake lashes before.

I only added 3 per side but it made a huge difference to my look... don't know if it something I'll do everyday or even every week but it was something fun to try.

Looking forward to using full strip lashes someday soon-ish :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Kirstyj I have been loving individual lashes lately. You're right, even just a few make such a big difference, and nobody suspects that they're false. They look so much more natural than strip lashes, and are much lighter on the eye also.

I'm slowly becoming addicted. I just buy the cheapie ones from the $2 type shops for like $5 a pack. Can't go wrong!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Saird I have hooded eyes. One thing I love about them is I can do any colour eyeliner along the top lash and smudge to blend, waalaa! Looks like I have done amazing eyeshadow in 30 seconds.

Kirstyj those lashes looked great on you.

Im doing a makeup colour craze challenge with some friends. Today was red. Tomorrow is green and so on. We have to focus on that colour in makeup or clothing. Fun we challenge makes you think out of the box
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I actually used one of my eyeliners last week as opposed to using powder like I normally do. I haven't used eyeliner pencils in ages.
janini9
341 posts
I've been wearing full makeup during the day instead of just foundation, mascara and lipstick. I thought what the heck, I'm not going out much at night, so here is all this makeup, I'd better make use of it. 
I never learnt how to put on makeup properly when I was young, so I have avoided doing the whole shebang. For special makeup, I have always paid someone else to do it. As I'm now an old duck, I'm a bit more adventurous and don't get embarrassed so easily it  I get things wrong. So finally I'm giving the learning of makeup application a go. Teenagers are a bit aghast at being seen with Mum's efforts sometimes ;)
Oh well, I suffer their blue, purple or black lips and way out clothes.
Kia
550 posts
Usually, when I do my eyeshadow, I go for dark warm neutral browns, taupes and chocolates etc. But recently I've been changing the brown for white nudes, with pink shimmers and it looks great! I gotta say paired with a liner and a red lip, it looks really good for autumn! 
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, I've been trying quite a bit of new stuff as of late. I been using colour on my eyes , something I never do. I've been wearing Blush which is a new thing for me.  I like lining just the tops of my eyes instead of bottom for a natural look.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Great thread!  I curled my eyelashes for the first time in forever and it's amazing how long they are!  It's such a different look for me, not sure if they look pretty or clownish haha
RC
162 posts
I'm enjoying this thread. I decided to try a whole lot of new things this weekend whilst away for a wedding... let's just say, I re-taught myself the lesson that learning in the comfort of your own bedroom is infinitely the way to go, rather than rushing around before a wedding. Needless to say, I didn't end up wearing the false lashes which refused to stick, and I'm glad someonw thought to pack nail scissors, which were summoned to gently cut my hair out of the hair curler when THAT happened. There was much hilarity. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've been trying different layering combinations of eyeshadows - different bases make shadows look very different!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
A few friends and I are doing makeup challenges and the current one is to wear a certain colour each day. This is really out of my comfort zone as I usually wear neutral eyeshadows and wear colour on my lips. For the challenges so far I have worn different coloured eyeshadows than what I usually wear and it's heaps of fun!
SandieNZ
424 posts
Wearing red lippie during April is going to be a huge change for me!  I don't often wear lipstick and usually just stick to lipbalms, so this is really going to be outside of my comfort zone!
ajrees23
41 posts
I've been trying out different colours on my eyes. Instead of the standard brown I've been trying greens and pinks and these have really made my eyes stand out more. I've also been layering my colours alot more and that has made such a difference if the way that they stand out.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I've been doing two things differently lately.

One is putting a liquid highlight on the center of my lips after applying lipstick, especially anything matte. It just makes my lips look so much fuller and adds dimension and I adore it.

The other is that I used to hate curling my lashes because my eyelash curler was pinchy and it didn't work too well. So I bought a HEATED eyelash curler off of my friend who is downsizing her make up collection and I've been using that to curl my lashes the last few days. I am completely in love and the difference is kind of astounding. I never understood the hype around curling lashes until now.

Oh and applying under eye setting powder with a damp beauty blender is saving my life right now. It's amazing. 
Yay so many things that I now want to try. Its funny how we get stuck in our waysfor what ever reason. Mine is im lazy. Trying new things shouldn't be scary it should be fun and empowering!! 

I think that Red Lips in April will be something pretty awesome to take part in! and a great excuse to take many selfies :)

Here is the link for those who have not heard sbout the cause.
https://www.facebook.com/redlipstick4acause

tannygirl
3392 posts
I recently was given a bright red lippy by Jessicka so I wore that. I'm planning on increasing my lippy collection and wearing more colors and some bright colors like fuschia and orchid and also owning some nudes.
Lutece
1849 posts
Thats an awesome idea I will give it a go x

For the past week and a bit I have been adding a pop of colour on the middle of my eyelid and under my lash line, normally its a light or bright colour, just for a change
Mila
1209 posts
Nothing to drastic here but I have just started using a eyeliner on my top line sort of from mid way to ends, am actually really enjoying this on my eye shape.  Need some new inspiration for something a bit different :)
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
I've started using more highlighter lately on the top of my cheek bones and I love the way it makes me look more healthy and glowing.  
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've been trying new things all year and loving it :)

Bright lips, dramatic eyeshadow (been a coloured eyeliner girl for a while), liquid eyeliner, one of them hair bun donut things, homemade salt scrubs, micellar water, rosehip oil etc etc

LOVE THEM ALL <#
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I used to only use a transition shade and then one dark shade in the crease but lately I've been combining colours to put in the crease and it adds so much dimension to my looks. I've been using rosegold on the lid and then a mixture of grey and purple in the crease that just looks amazing. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Badindiegamer I have been loving the looks you have been posting on IG!
Cesy
162 posts
Bright lips! Trying to leave the house wearing lipstick every day now, that's not normal for me!
notjaya
62 posts
I just tried an eye gloss for the first time and it's so pretty!
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Normally I just wear a tinted moisturiser, mascara and a lip gloss - the last week or so I have been playing with the (many) new goodies I've had arrive and actually do the whole foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, liner etc etc - I need to get used to it (and good at it) because I'll be wearing a full makeup every day when I start my beauty therapy course again - long way to go for either of those lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!