Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Thin Lizzy Mineral Foundation

49 posts, 38 members
LisaE5
447 posts
Has anyone tried it? I have seen it advertised so much and wonder if it really works?
belindaledwards
111 posts
For me personally, I didn't like it, I have combination skin, and it made my face really shiny in the afternoons during summer time. However my boss also uses it, and she absolutely loves it! I guess it depends on your skin type :-)
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I would never try it after how hideous their other products were!
xjayloux
900 posts
I actually think it redeemed the thin lizzy brand, i like it and i dispise their other products haha.
colleencanary
764 posts
Lisa I use this foundation and i have no complaints. My skin is riddled with acne and this, so far has been the only foundation to not make it worse. It's just a matter of what works for your skin and this works for me. All of our skin types are completely different and obviously it may work for some and not for others....

Just some food for thought :)
LisaE5
447 posts
Okay thanks ladies, a bit of mixed opinions there. I have oily skin so wonder if it would stick very well or if it would turn out really oily, I may just have to man up and give it a try considering they have their 30 day trial 
lashestodiefor
23 posts
i swear by it! my mum has oily skin too and she loves it also! i like the gradual coverage, so you dont look caked on. its one of the only mineral foundations i have found that delivers on its promises.
xjayloux
900 posts
I would give it a go, or ring around life pharmacy or farmers and see when the ladies will be in store doing demos, because they match you up properly and give you freebies =D
melcherizayd
31 posts
definately try it out, when i was pregnant i started getting pink patches on my face and after testing diffent kinds of makeup i found thin lizzy mineral covered it perfectly, i also have problems with makeup making my face look oily and patchy but so far can't complain with thin lizzy mineral :)
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Maybe I'm wrong to judge it from their other products! I've used nutrimetics mineral foundation for about 3 years now & really like it (my Mums best friend is a consultant for them- this is the only product I like though). The colour matches my skin perfectly which is unusual for me. At the moment I'm just putting a little bit on top of my BB cream for a nice smooth finish.
steph1234
5 posts
I was reading up about this the other day, Will hopefully help my Rosy skin tone!
Nicole
23 posts
I tried it a few times but for me it just seemed to accentuate my wrinkles!! Eeeek!! 

It was great for my teen daughter though :)
sonzw
29 posts
Not for me I found it didn't suit my skin tone at all and made me look older. I tend to do better with liquid type foundations. My teens love it  though
sonzw
29 posts
Not for me I found it didn't suit my skin tone at all and made me look older. I tend to do better with liquid type foundations. My teens love it  though
funbeea
114 posts
I have really fair skin and I won the 6 in one. And I triend it and i looked like an oompa loompa. I was so orange it was embarrising. I then asked my mum who does Nutrmetics if she could help me and we just couldnt get it any lighter. It is not a 6 in one it is a bronzer that will make you orange if you have fair skin. I haven't treid the mineral one. But I would like to at some point.
Id really love to try it, I haven't tried any kind of mineral makeup before and I've been waiting to hear a few opunions before I try, that's why I love this site!!
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
Hey Karma, mineral makeup is amazing! I swear by it. I have tried Thin Lizzy and didn't find it that great. I thought it was quite dry and orange-ish. I do however LOVE Jane Iredale mineral powder (amazing!) and Dr. Hauschka powder. Both work fabulously, though they are a bit more pricey than Thin Lizzy, but they work so much better for me anyway and are natural and organic. If you are thinking of buying/trying mineral makeup I would give them a go :-)
belindaledwards
111 posts
I agree, the Jane Iredale mineral foundation is amazing! Love it!
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
Jane Iredale is fabulous! I am so pleased that others like it too. Such a fabulous brand :-)
LisaE5
447 posts
Chatondemode- thanks for the idea about the instore demo and freebies, I just find it a bit awkward to be sitting in a store getting it done, but oh well I'll have to get over it if I am in for freebies haha.
pixie_stylz
228 posts
Nope didn't like it at all. I felt it gave hardly any coverage at all . was really disapointed in it. I don't mind the thin lizzy bronser. But it really sucks how you have to buy two of them. I usually go halfs with my sister. I am going to use it up but don't think i will buy it again . But defenitly would not buy the foundation again.
Angell
182 posts
Wow, great minds do think alike! I was thinking about asking about the Thin Lizzy products constantly advertised on TV! Since I've moved to NZ 5.5 years ago I saw the ad on TV and always wondered if it really is as good and easy. Then over the weekend I saw the product again in the pharmacy and was tempted to buy, but thought to either as BR if they can get some for us to review or ask to see if on the Forum if anybody has ever tried it. I'm just amazed that with ONE "thing" you can do so much.......is it worth a try or not....? BR, can you let us know what all of you think?
beautyandlouise
102 posts
I actually love this! I sometimes use it as powder over my foundation. Not just alone. Kinda was suprised tho because I dislike the bronzer so much. But yeah love it!
xjayloux
900 posts
 sanellep.. Just dont get the bronzer confused with the foundation. The bronzer is horrid along with the other products.. They pop up alot as the worst products people have ever used on these forums haha.
lucygollogly
14 posts
Hello all (:
I used to work for Thin Lizzy and would demonstrate it on a daily basis, I've seen first had the wonders it can work! It is truly a great product. It gives a flawless finish (if you apply it properly) without looking heavy or cakey/obvious. I have seen it cover EVERYTHING in a matter of seconds, from the worst cases of rosacea to age spots, to acne. I would reccomend it to everyone, perhaps not to those with dryer skin, unless you use a heavy duty moisturiser underneath. It is a mineral foundation so it is extremely good for your skin in comparison to a whole lot of other stuff we load up on our faces. They have a good range of colours for both warm and cool undertones. Although I do not work for them anymore, I continue to use Thin Lizzy overtop of my BB cream (I prefer the look of it this way) However, it is just as gorgeous on its own. And you cant go wrong for the price, it will last you a long time !! :) Hope this helps. xx
Angell
182 posts
 lucygolloglymaybe you can ask BR for you to go to their offices one Saturday and show us all how to use the product in the correct manner? I think it's nice for you to stand up but will be better if you could educate those of us interested :)
RachelM
345 posts
I gave it a go but its not for me, I found it just didnt give the coverage I wanted for my dark circles.  
deneemac
19 posts
Hi LisaE5, I am using this product at the moment & I have to admit to liking it a lot.
I have dry skin so have always been a tad dubious that it would live up to it's claims.
But a Thin Lizzie demonstrator tried it on me & I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't look powdery or cakey even after a few hours of wear. I was impressed with how easy it is to apply & to correct if you add too much. The mineral foundation comes with a helpful instructional dvd to watch & gives helpful hints on how to use as a concealer etc.
I now use this as my everyday foundation & if I want more coverage I wear it over the top of my BB cream.
The only disappointing thing for me about the product is the brush, as after frequentl use & washes the bristles start breaking off. So now I have to do a final check before heading out the door that I don't have stray brush bristles on my face.
Other than that, I would recommend giving this product a go & the suggestion of seeing an instore demonstrator as a way of trying the product 1st is a great idea. It certainly changed my mind ;)

LisaE5
447 posts
Thanks Deneemac and Lucygollogly, I do wear BB cream so it may be a wonderful extra for on top and I may replace my ELF Complexion Perfefction if I like it. Thanks for the helpful advice ladies :D
ChelsMcNally
2 posts
I really like my TL foundation (not a fan of the bronzer though)

I usually wear it overtop of my MAC Studio Fix foundation to help set and finish my look but I do wear it on its own (under BB) as well.

I actually did my own makeup (and bridesmaids) for my wedding last month and used TL powder and concealer for all of us. We got married in Rarotonga and with the heat/humidity I was worried about the foundation melting lol TL lasted ALL day and night with no shine and no need to touch up! I was hugely impressed and we all got a lot of compliments on our makeup.

It is a must have in my makeup bag - great for a quick application when in a rush or to use overtop of liquid for a heavier coverage!
RachelM
345 posts
Congrats on your wedding Chelsea, beautiful photo, might give putting TL over my foundation will also help to use it up, hate products I've bought going to waste.
LanaG
66 posts
oooh, do not like TL at all! and have seen too many beautiful ladies turn orange was too easily :/ do not recommend at all
messyjessy33
4 posts
i love there concealer SOOO amazing
wubwubb
37 posts
Thin Lizzy wasn't for me. I found the foundation to be messy and far too dark even after a consult with the sales rep. The deal with the double everything isnt all that great. The lip gloss is so sticky and messy and the eyeliner didn't last. I felt like a sucker for getting this. I was giving it all away to my family to see if they wanted to see if it would work. Not impressed.
raniwelsh
104 posts
I love Thin Lizzy minerals, they work well on my combination skin. You should try it out first and make sure you get the right shade for your skin tone.
Kylenefs
68 posts
I see the minerals ad advertised all the time on TV and often wonder if its any good or not so thanks to everyone who has posted has made me seriously consider giving it a go
krystle26
2 posts
i <3 thin lizzy mineral foundation. I use it everyday and it looks natural and you never gets lines with it.Its easy to apply and lasts a while to because you dnt have to use alot.You have to get the shade right for you through.
Bird
231 posts
I think alot of people are getting confused, the blue one is the 6 in 1, its quite orangy on some people, and works better as a bronzer then anything else, I wouldn't use it as 6 different things. Its available in light and dark only.

The pink one is the mineral foundation. Theres heaps of colours to choose from for cool & warm skintones.
I use it everyday, I've been trying out alot of other products to see if theres something better I like, but I keep going back to thin lizzy foundation, just my preference. I am oily and it does last the day, I still have to occasionly blot with a tissue but the foundation stays on. it looks heaps more natural then anything else I've tried, and really easy to apply. I'm using the miss von dita, which is the warm toned version of the palest colour. you get a brush with it, which will start to crap out when you clean it, its ok, but if you have better kabukis then use those instead. Btw the coverage is not heavy when used on its own.

Anyway I like it, but again please don't get it confused with the blue - thats the orangy 6 in 1 that most people hate. The foundation is the Pink one :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I haven't tried this one yet but have always been interested to know what its like compared to the bronzer.  I know the blue one is a completely different product as its more of a bronzer than anything and I didn't like it at all.   Bird, you will have to come over and let me have a try of the pink one as I never get to go out into town to check it out and I always get put off going into chemists as they look at you like you're a criminal and you're going to steal something grrrr. 
g1ggles2
358 posts
I just recently started using this product and I am really enjoying it.

Like @Bird said there are lots of different colours to choose from so do make sure you take the time to match what works for your tone (just like any foundation) - most stores will have a stand where you can test the shade. I got mine from Farmers.

The main thing I would say personally is that it is more of a sheer/medium coverage. Certinaly not getting the same look as a liquid foundation BUT thats what I was aiming for. I got it for the days that I dont want anything heavy or if my face needs a pick me up. I pair it with an Avon bronzer & it looks lovely.

I would say give it a try but because it retails around $40-$50 maybe see if you can test it at a demo stand first.

:D I hope this was semi helpful
Mila
1209 posts
I actually really liked the thin lizzy mineral foundation (absolutely cant stand the bronzer or 6n1 it was super orange on me !).

but the pink mineral foundation was brilliant..( dont love the brush would still rather use a kabukhi brush) but i think the thing with any mineral foundation is using how to buff it on to the skin properly...

it will cover just about anything... i have dark circles that  i will never get rid of and it covered them beautifully im also very skin sensitive and it did not irritate.  it will last you forever as well...defiantely worth a try considering the price is reasonable aswell
renee123
7 posts
I love the conclearer and the pink foundation the blue brozer made me go extremly orange it diffently worth it
Jasmine_xx
2 posts
I've purchased the blue pak which came with the powder 6 in 1, a thin lizzy lipgloss, a half brown half black eyeliner and a dvd to show how to use the powder as a 6 in 1. Personally I despise the lipgloss, I found it far too sticky ad too thick, the eyeline didn't seem to last on my waterine for very long but I do like the powder however do nt reccommend using it as a 6 in 1 product or you will end up looking like a umpalumpa. I used the powder just as a bronzer/contour but don't reccommend more pale woman to use it as so however they can use the pink one. (:
MicheleC
419 posts
Well what an eye opener. I dislike the 'blue' packaged bronzer. However I do like powder foundations so am now prepared to go and check this product out. Once upon a time I used the Sheer Cover mineral foundation. I rather liked it, but would never again deal with the company that sells it. What ever you do don't buy the Sheer Cover I have read a lot of reviews on line and you could end up losing a lot of money due to their automatic enrolment in their monthly scheme.

So when I get closer to finishing my Shiseido powder I might have found something to replace it.
Shmuckie
5 posts
I personally use it every day, i love it, it has great coverage and it doesnt look heavy. Its does get shiney during the day though so i have to freshen it up at least once a day. 

I think it depends on your skin type as to weather it'll work for you.
If you have dry skin i wouldnt do it, but normal/combination skin is aaaaall good :)
mkltsullivan
85 posts
the best mineral foundation I have ever used is DollFace mineral make up NZ owned and operated it is fantastic. I generally shy away from powders as I have fairly dry skin and most powder foundations tend to exaggerate fine lines but this didnt and the ingredients are gentle on your skin(I researched them on my old blog). if you google dollface mineral make up the website is there
MissyLiss
28 posts
Yeah I use it and have used it for about 6 months now. I use it most days (unless having a makeup free day) and I find the coverage is good, and I look for med-full coverage. I used the SheerCover mineral foundation in the past but started reacting to it so switched to Thin Lizzy and no problems. It's also fairly in-expensive and there are HEAPS of different shades, and if you have the right shade it lasts 2-3 months!
jalb88
121 posts
I LOVE the thin lizzy in the pink tin- where it comes in a range of different skin colours with funky names! The trick is to buff it into your skin in a circular motion when putting it on- gives great coverage and is so good for my sensitive blemish prone skin! Their concealer is also really good if you want a thick coverage ( a little goes a  long way) 
I found the blue one even in light made me look orange, i had never noticed before till I saw some pics, but the new 7 in one mineral one is awesome, nice coverage as well, I even had Susanne Paul apply it for me, really was like being in a informericals.  

Im waiting for the special to come again before I buy it, lots of difference shades as well.  and easy to carry and use.  Can be applied all over as well.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!