Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

SOS!! Primer and Base

5 posts, 5 members
babyfoxyj
4 posts
Hi! everyone, I'm Janny. 
I never use make up base and primer before, and I want to know which one is more important?
What is differece between make up base and primer?

Can anyone please give me an advice how to use make up base and Primer?
P.S. I have oily skin.
Thank you ?
kayxcake
422 posts
I have used makeup base before the whole makeup primer thing got popular... I personally dislike makeup base, I have used a majority of Korean brands ones and they all made my face greasy and felt very heavy during the day.

Since the primer thing got big in the beauty world I have stopped using makeup base. A few of my favourite primers are: Benefit Porefessional (affordable) and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (expensive). 

The Hourglass one works amazing for oily skin gals, especially when paired with NARS sheer glow foundation. My foundation last all day through hot office air cond when using the two ^^
Lutece
1849 posts
Hi Janny and welcome to Beauty review :)I have used 2 types of makeup bases and both of them were thick and had a waxy texture to them, i am not sure if all makeup bases are like that but if they are i wouldnt recommend them for your skin type. When i used to use a makeup base that would cover everything and feel thick on the skin. Primers are great on the other hand, there a tons of different ones to suit your skin type and there are also coloured primers on the market that cater for certain colour tones. I highly recommend the MAC prep & prime primer which caters for alot of skin types, and once on the skin it leaves your skin feeling hydrating and its a transparent colour.If your looking for a cheaper option the NYX range of primers are also great which can be ordered at makeup.co.nz which is in NZ so postage is fast, or if you can wait a little longer and save some money i would recommend Beautyjoint.com I hope this helps you x
Kia
550 posts
I own both a base and a primer and sometimes use both. The difference is that my base is tinted green and purple to get rid of the redness in my face, and the primer helps to fill in my pores and make my foundation last longer! I really love the base that I use, it's from Baby Face which you can find on Beautynetkorea, it's very light and gentle and non greasy! I even wear it on it's own which is really nice
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I never use a makeup base, just go straight to primer! My favourite is the Natio Mineral Primer since it is all natural and forms a really nice protective barrier between your skin and foundation :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!