Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Need a new foundation

8 posts, 7 members
susie-grace
7 posts
Help me team! I i'm looking for a new foundation. I've got dry skin which is resonably pale... for reference i'm an NC20.. not neccessarily after MAC though. Anyone loving anything atm??
lenarose
313 posts
My mum wears Revlon Colourstay which is really nice. I am a MAC N20, and currently wear MAC face and body foundation, but I don't think I'll replace it when I finish it, I'll switch over to the revlon one  - it's just as nice but much cheaper.
Nishu
374 posts
hun I have dry skin as well and I use Rimmel Wake me up foundation and loving it! Its medium coverage.. has tiny shimmer particles that reflect light and make you look glowy. It has Spf as well.. Can't remember how much was it! The only downside is that you dont always want to look dewy/borderline shimmery.. specially for evening make-up! I love it as my day foundation! Always get tons of compliments at how healthy my skin looks. Hope that helps :)

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
Iloveperfumes
132 posts
I vouch for the Revlon colorstay but make sure you get the normal/dry version rather than the oily/combo.  I am a mix of Ivory and buff in colorstay (super pale but ivory is too pink but pale enough and the buff is yellow enough but too dark) though this does become expensive and for cheaper you could get a high end makeup rather than mixing like I have to.  However you could try the Revlon Age defying DNA one as it is great for dry skin I had it in the buff and it was perfect on me.  I am a mix between NC and NW 15/10 (I am ver y fair and pale but neutral/yellow undertoned) in MAC (don't like any of their makeups) Bone in Estee lauder (though a tad dark) but I do swear by Avon's Anew transforming liquid foundation in Nude as it is a very pale neutral and quite moisturising (I also have dry skin).

My most favourite of all time is the old Almay Nearly naked makeup in buff - before they started marketing it under the Revlon brand and changed the shades and formula (they are both the same company) but they  had to go and change it I am hoarding my last bottle...

Have you tried any of the loreal true match lumi makeups - they are illumnating without sparkles and are great for dry skin - I was wearing one in N1-2 soft ivory but it was a bit dark on me but could be perfect for you if you are fair/neutral.

ctsparkles
6 posts
I have pale dry-combination skin and am currently using Revlon Colorstay Whipped - has a great texture and looks really natural. I love that Revlon often has '3 for 2' deals (and similar) that also get Beauty Club points at Farmers :)
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
You could try Dr. Hauschka Translucent Foundation (both in liquid and powder!). They both work well and are all natural and organic. Bonus! Or Jane Iredale Pressed Powder. I love it!
susie-grace
7 posts
Thanks for the tips everyone! I knew I could count on my BR gals ;) Might try the Revlon colourstay.. have a few friends who use it too. might also get some Lo'real although not too keen on their animal testing... :( 
Zodiaccatz
6 posts
I have been a revlon fan for years but decided to look for a different foundation as what I was using just seems to slide off my face no matter what I'm using. I'm a shift worker and mother of three kids but can't go out of the house without make up,  for work I use the garnier bb cream for oily skin and the thin lizzy foundation it's great coverage and lasts all day, when I'm  going out I have just started using Elizabeth Arden Intervene ....I have terrible skin and this makes my skin look flawless I use a bit of the thin lizzy over top ;) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!