Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Mac prep + prime BB cream

20 posts, 3 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Heya. I am currently having trouble finding my usual nyx bb in nude. It seems to be sold out everywhere! Has anyone used the mac prep + prime bb? Can't find any reviews on here. Looks like I will have to try something different which is a pain as I love the nyx bb. So am looking at the mac one.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes! I absolutely love the Mac BB cream. It's my all time favourite BB. It isn't listed on here so I haven't been able to review it. I refuse to pay NZ retail for it though so I'm not currently using it. I haven't found anything to replace it yet although I do quite like the Oasis BB as an alternative. 

If youre near a Mac counter, ask them for a sample. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh cool Soozie. What colour did you use? I am not near a mac counter unfortunately. I am quite pale so im guessing to go for light.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I wear medium but that sounds like it would definitely be too dark for you. It's listed on findation so maybe do a search on there. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Excellent that was very helpful. Thankyou!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Make sure you report back and tell us what you think of it. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Will do. I just got the shade light so look forward to it arriving :-)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Soozie it arrived yesterday and it is so lovely. The colour is a perfect match for me yay! It smells a bit like sunscreen but that is ok. I like how fast it dries. It is mega hot today so I am interested to see how well it holds up. Also love the coverage. So far so good :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh yay! I don't mind if a product smells of sunscreen as at least you know it hasn't a decent amount in it. This is making me want to just go and buy some instead of messing around with other products lol. I just need to make it through until April when I can buy it duty free. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Soozie how do you apply it? I was using my fingers and it was giving me a cakey finish so I tried a brush which worked a hundred times better.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just slap it on with my fingers lol. I always use my fingers for bb and foundation. I just find that's what works best for me. Plus I can't be bothered cleaning brushes and sponges lol. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am the same lol perhaps I will try a different moisturiser and see if that helps.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i still prime under bb as well, although i use illuminating cream as a primer. That helps with the cakeyness sometimes
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Trudi. I've never really come across a cakey BB before that is why I use it. Will try that.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmm, I've never had it go cakey and I don't usually use primer or even moisturiser underneath it. It's been awhile since I've used it though. I wonder if they've changed the formula?
trudijoy
8375 posts
it only happens on my nose if it happens (the cakeyness) and seems to have more to do with my skin than the product quite often! the illuminating primer and sparing application of other things on my noise sorts it :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It will definitely just be my skin. I can't wear foundation as most of them cake on me. It's so annoying.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisa-Lou, what type of skin do you have?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It is quite dry with slight redness Soozie.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmm, I'd go with Trudi's suggestion of a primer. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!