Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

If you should accept, I would like to propose......

58 posts, 26 members
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
That we take on a challenge to try an item out of our comfort zone in the month of December.  It can be a colour that you normally wouldn't wear as makeup or clothing or a new hair colour.  It can be an end of year fun thing to do. If you are comfortable enough even post a pic on the photo wall.  Is anyone else with me?  I will wear orange lipstick and yellow eyeshadow.  Those colours are not my friends BUT in the spirit of my dare I want to do it. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
cool idea! I did this earlier in the year and got into bright colours on eyes and lips in a big way. I'm also balayage/omre'd atm which i never thought i'd do... not sure what i'll go for!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Woo!  Go you Trudi!  You are pushing the boundaries that's awesome.  I hope you can come up with something, it would be cool if you did :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
shana i was intrigued by glitter roots but already did that when i was an 18 year old in the clubs haha!

thinking cap is on. I'd love bright purple hair but my job won't allow it
pintsize
1072 posts
Must be on the same wave length Shana :) I just spent a good amount of time using a green eyeliner (yes I might have blue hair but I am not that great with coloured eye pencils) and I even attempted a wing!!! O_o probably not the best time to do it as I am about to head out shopping and then visiting a sick friend... at least it might make her laugh ;D
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Lol I reckon glitter roots is an awesome one and you would rock it I'm sure.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with though
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
hehe that's awesome pintsize!  I would love to see a selfie if you feel ok sharing?  Yay you for stepping it up though, keep up the good work.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Woohoo! I can't wait to see your creation, Shana :)

This is aptly timed as I've been thinking how much I want to try a red lip, but am a bit chicken. Haha. I can wear Stone no problem, but red? Eek! Time to give it a go!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I accept. I've already got some bright Christmas inspired looks to try. And I'm always keen to try a new bold look.
pintsize
1072 posts
lol, I'll see how well I can capture the look... all my selfies at the moment make me feel old!! :(
Glitter roots would be so cool but I think a weekend trial of that so I am not doing the school run all sparkly... kids there already think I am a bit special with my blue hair :D
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
You are certainly not old and don't look it!  but Haha I feel you on that one pintsize!  I have purple and pink hair teamed with alot of tattoos and the local farm mums think I am a bit radical for them and their kids,  The kids think I'm cool but the parents not so much oh well for them.  Your blue hair is EPIC! Oh yessss do the glitter roots too that would be awesome!  Crystalclear I can't wait to see what you come up with, excited!  Sarah you would oooze sexiness with red I bet you!  I hope you can find the confidence to rock it cause we all know you can :D
pintsize
1072 posts
Naw thanks Shana xxx you are too kind <3 
Kids do seem to make you feel older after little sleep lol.

I love the pink purple combo in your hair and your attitude towards being unique <3 you are an awesome Superhero!!

I do love the blue :D and I hear you on the rural community bit... but I love being different, being bold and bright, and some can see past the crazy cool colours.

I love this thread and can't wait to see others looks.

(so much love in such a small post <3)
Macs
5351 posts
Ok il give it a go. I think il try something bright coloured.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Naw thanks pintsize I do strive to be a good superhero :)  I love that you girls are wanting to give it a go!  Yay awesome Macs can't wait to see.
Rezee
1964 posts
Great idea. I think for me it has to be a lip colour? Red maybe? I've worn brighter colours out sometimes but not very often and I feel a bit weird!
mallomiss
569 posts
Sounds fun!! 
I've got my thinking cap on to see if I can come up with something that's out of my comfort zone (I'll give pretty much anything a go)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I did this with my hair the other day. I asked to go unicorn colours last week and when I was shown the upkeep I went for a few streaks.

Will try think of something different face wise. You're being a awesome super Shana!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I will tell you from experience Ong, the upkeep SUCKS hahahaha ;-) 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I stepped out of my comfort zone the other day and tried a darker makeup look than what I'm used too. Dark lips! But I do want to try a colourful eyeshadow look for Christmas so that will be my goal for December :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
This is a fantastic idea I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet because I'm pretty out there with my make up... Does anyone wanna throw a challenge at me? Maybe something you'd like to see me try to pull off :P 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Am currently doing this! I usually don't wear my hair down so for summer I'm going to try some new hair styles!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I am soooo uber proud of you all for wanting to give it a go and accept the challenge.  Can't wait to see the creations girls.  Ong yes I too can speak from personal experience and the upkeep is very high maintenance but the wow factor makes it worth it for me.  And thaaaank you I do like to live up to my badge honor :D
pintsize
1072 posts
Shana I just managed to pop a pic up on the photo wall for you sweets, I have only just gotten a chance to sit down at the computer :/
Ong, the up keep is a bit more frequent but I find it worth it and if you go bright and it fades evenly then you can just say you are doing the pastel trend ;) 
Bleaching out panels is another option and then you don't have to worry about the regrowth as often and touch up the bold colour at home :D

Wondering if it acceptable to have glitter hair at a work do at the races??? lol might just give it a nudge after a practice run in the weekend :D
Mila
1209 posts
I love this.....totally down for some xmas inspired reds to peak into my day/night :)
idomakeupnz
150 posts
This is an awesome idea Shana! I can't wait to see all the looks everyone trys (:
@Sarahbeautynz you would look STUNNING in red lipstick, I would love to see it on you, I think it would be very chic and sexy, especially with your blue eyes!

I honestly don't know what I could do for this challenge as I wear anything and everything haha I am no stranger to colour or out-there looks!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I can't wait to see some pics!!! Don't know what mine will be yet... might have to do some research into some fun things I could do.
Macs
5351 posts
Amy I loved your dark lip look. I can't wait to see more looks :) 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Pintsize I love that look on you!  It was made for you and your hair is awesome!  Keep em coming ladies I shall do mine at some stage this week so I hope some more follow suit :)  Have a lovely day girls x
pintsize
1072 posts
Naw shucks! thanks Shana xx you are such a sweetheart :)
I can't wait to see your look up on the photowall too.
Have I said how much I am loving this thread :D
Ringy
825 posts
Great idea. I'll do some staring at passersbys while here in Melbouene and search for a daring look to try! 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I would if I had anything unusual to wear, I'm just a boring older person with the average matte shadow collection lol :)
janini9
341 posts
I've already challenged myself to wear a green and red lippy creation to Xmas day celebrations with the family. So far, I have not perfected anything that looks remotely wearable - trying for an ombré look and will post to the photos when it's not so Halloween like.
I thought I might also give the winged eye a go too - I've been too chicken to wear that out of the house, so I figure if I've got weird lips, might as well go for the eyes too all at the same time.

Lutece
1849 posts
Shana you coud rock any colour, youre so gorgeous! I cant say there is nothing I havent tried, this year has been a year full of surprises and pushing myself lol
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Aw thank you Lutece I funno about that but I so appreciate the compliment.  Yes you have so many looks and you rock all of them!  I wish I had your versatility
Macs
5351 posts
I wanted to do this but Im not having a good week. Partners lost his job. Going to be a rough xmas . ;( xxx Maybe when things get better 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Aw thanks Sav, I shall attempt it tomorrow...be prepared for an epic fail. Haha.

Maybe your challenge could be to do a pink lip, I don't think I've seen one of those on you. Could totally have missed it though :P
trudijoy
8375 posts
sorry to hear that Macs. I'll never understand companies who do this to employees pre-xmas, it's the cruelest thing, especially when they're parents.
mallomiss
569 posts
ohhh Macs!! That's so pooooooo! 
Sending positive vibes your way! 

I really cannot come up with anything interesting for this challenge.... 
Anyone have something in particular for me?
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you Mallomiss and Trudi. Its a long story. Im gonna list some stuff on trade me and try and make a Christmas happen for my kids x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs, I just decided to RAOK you and use some Fly Buys points to send you a supermarket voucher to see if (even in a minor way) I could help, but it has to be redeemed using my Fly Buys card. Does anyone know if you can gift points, (and do you have Fly Buys Macs?) because even if it isn't much I'd like to gift you something. It was going to be a $20 NW voucher but if there's something else on there that would help your kids have the Xmas you want for them, let me know. I have about 150 points and I don't mind spending them on something like this
trudijoy
8375 posts
Fly Buys site
Macs
5351 posts
No trudy. I can't take it xxx We can go
foodbank xxx Wel be sweet :o
trudijoy
8375 posts
The offers there if you need it, no strings, no judgement and nothing other than xmas cheer. I hate to see situations like you've found yourselves in and like to help if I can. Absolutely your choice, but let me know if you get stuck
MissQT
1547 posts
what a sweet idea Trudi! Would it work if you "redeemed" your voucher in store so that you had the voucher card and then sent it to Macs. Or do you have to spend it at the same time you redeem it?

i would love to help as well Macs as you and your family deserve to have a happy Christmas. I recently went through my stuff and have a lot of old toys to give away. Some are used and some are brand new. I was going to give them away (e.g. To women's refuge), but I would rather give it straight to someone who needs them and would put it to use. They would have gone to someone in need anyway, so you would be helping me get rid of them! What age and gender are your kids Macs? I totally understand if you don't wish to accept these gifts (I won't be offended), but like Trudi the offer is there is you want it. And like I said I'm giving them away anyway :)
MissQT
1547 posts
oh and as for th challenge I am going to try and wear some bright lipstick. I have a couple of red lippys but never wear them.
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you miss qt xxxx I should be ok, I've been listing lots of stuff on trade me. Hopefully it will all work out
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh Macs, that's totally sucks! I'm so sorry to hear that. And such lovely offers from both Trudi and Miss QT. It just shows what a wonderful community we have here when people want to help each other out. Just let us/me know if we can do anything for you. Even if it's just a virtual hug and a listening ear x

Today is my one year anniversary on BR! I only really got active on the site earlier this year. I'm feeling a bit worse for wear today after our Xmas party yesterday so I won't be very active today lol. I've just seen my local discount store has coloured Maybelline mascaras so I'm going to pick up a couple of those. I did used to wear purple mascara in my teens (1980s!) and loved it. I've been looking around for one. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Macs I am so sorry to hear this :( 

Trudi and Missqt those are such kind offers, much respect :)
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Aw I am sorry to hear that Macs!  I hope things work out.  I would love to help too.  I don't have much but I want to help make xmas happen for you.  PM me on fb and I shall help where I can.  Trudi and MissQT you are the true meaning of generosity and sweetness!  Much love Macs x
Macs
5351 posts
I've messaged you Shana xx Thank you. I've been a mess all day. The support from you guys has over and above blown me away.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!