Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Full coverage foundation but 'natural/eco friendly'

6 posts, 5 members
VickiEB
11 posts
Hi I am on the hunt for a full coverage foundation that is 'natural' ie as little amount of chemicals as possible (non-toxic)... I know Living Nature do one but I don't know if it is full coverage or not - would love to hear others opinions on this please. CHEERS!
BeautyCutie
130 posts
These can be quite hard to find! Whenever I have a look most organic and natural foundations seem to be mineral powders and lighter foundations
tannygirl
3392 posts
I know there's a few brands of geniune mineral powder foundations but I haven't checked the coverage yet. I did recently come across a brand called Oxygenetix, that was designed to be used on patients post laser treatments when I went for microdermabrasion at a skin clinic. I didn't test it on my face but from testing it on the back of my hand it was a very full coverage foundation. I don't know how natural it is but I know it's designed to be breatheable and very hypoallergic and look fairly natural. The reason why I purchase one was because it cost an arm and leg for a 15ml pump that's twice the price of other well brands and half the ammount. But if I ever do get it, do think that I could mix with my moisturizer and still get pretty decent coverage. Sorry this probably wasn't very helpful. The thing I liked about it was they had a good color range for skin with yellow undertones and no nasties and great coverage. They did have some for pink undertones as well. If I had the money on me I probably would've bought one.
I would 100% reccomend Jane Iredale's foundation, I use her PurePressed Mineral Foundation & apply it with a flocked sponge for full coverage & I love it :) They have every skin colour imaginable & all their makeup products are specifically designed not only for makeup purposes but the ingrediants are proven to aid in beautiful skin, the only downside is it's quite expensive & you can only buy in Spa/Beauty Salons in NZ but I suggest buying online from Pharmacy Direct, StrawberryNet, Bath&Unwind; because it's cheaper & maybe just go into a Salon to match your colour :)
Tanya12
1 posts
I totally agree with the above you have to try Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation it really is the best ever. Oxygenetix is super organic and is safe for people with super sensitive skin conditions. Once I started wearing it I was hooked. My skin, even though I don't have skin issuses, started to look better and people were commenting on my skin 3-4 times a day and that made me feel amazing. I know about Oxygenetix because I work in the aesthetics industry and we use Oxygenetix every single day on clients. This foundation contains no oils, is an aloe-vera base, HIGHLY breathable, contains; no irritants, no parabens, no fragrances, no water, no dye, it's non-comedogenic, anti-microbial, even contains an SPF 25, and comes in 14 shades, and the list go on and on. It truly is the best makeup I have ever tried and everyone I know that has tried it has never gone with another brand. They use this make-up I was told on all the major hollywood movie and TV sets. The reason is because it's so good for your skin and doesn't come off all day so the make up artists never have to re apply the foundation on the actors, which I thought was a pretty amazing to hear because once you put it on it will stay there until you take a cleanser to it... and it really does. 

So anyways that's my take on the matter.  Watch this video about Oxygenetix:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M2kbVtcj74    (think it may help you get a better idea) 

I've always been a huge advocate to stray people away from mineral makeups. If you are actually serious about your skin mineral makeup of any kind can hurt your skin. You can try if you like but be fair warned continued use of mineral makeup may do harm for a few reasons, but i'll just give one for time sake. Mineral makeups contains for example Mica, which has some pretty adverse affects in the long run. Just do a simple google search its pretty scary stuff and a main ingredient in all minerals i've seen so far. I have seen patients come in and they literally have to clean out the mineral makeup from each individual pore to help reverse the damaged caused by mineral usage. I agree that minerals look amazing on i've even used it, but I'm not going to risk it. So just something to think about. But definitely go with Oxygenetix if you're serious about organic quality and actually benefiting your skin. 5 out of 5 stars.  
VickiEB
11 posts
I've been wearing Estee Lauder's double wear Maximum cover camouflage foundation which is FANTASTIC, but have just found out that it has been discontinued BOOOOOOO :-( SO now I'm going to try [color=#291b29]Oxygenetix - wish me luck!! THANKS XXX[/color]

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!