Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Foundation Matching?

24 posts, 7 members
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I'm hoping someone here can help, I'm really wanting to try the Too Faced Born this way foundation but haven't been able to find it in any of the online foundation matching databases. I usually just use Revlon Colourstay (the one for combo/oily skin) in 220 Natural Beige. Any idea on which Too Faced foundation would match me?
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I expect it's not any databases yet as it's quite new. I don't have a shade suggestion for you, but perhaps you could look up Youtubers who you know wear the same colour in other foundations as you and see if they have reviewed the Too Faced one?
Macs
5351 posts
Looking at online swatches, I do it sometimes when Im stuck. It's difficult to know what your going to get with online purchases. Hopefully you find it.
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I'm looking at sites like findation to figure out my MAC shade (seems this is the most popular one for bloggers) but it seems to vary.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid - NC15
Pro Longwear - NW20

Is this normal? This whole foundation this is getting complicated!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I do it online. It's seem to be pretty spot on. I hope it helps with your search I found a site that sends u back ur perfect match... plus the thing about your veins in ur wrist their colour and the colour you suit most jewellery colour etc. But the thing with this is dependent on the seasons I'm pretty much both neutral of this makes sense
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm eager to get this foundation too, I've seen a few youtubers swatching the whole range. Youngwildandpolished for example if you look her up or just too faced born this way swatches. I'm thinking I'll get the lightest available that normally works for me hehe and if it's not I'll tweak it with coverfx custom drops
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have three sample pouches of born this way by too faced and I'm holding of on using them I want to wait till next week. I'm hopeful this will be the coverage I'm after. With the stay power & the anti oily effect.
trudijoy
8375 posts
let us know k3ri!  If it's any good I'll be keen to seek it out too
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I've been looking for samples but was starting to think they didn't exist! Do you mind if I ask where you got them?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
And sorry about my first post I never read the thread I just read the most recent post my bad. Anyway there are quite a variety of shades on the sample pack I have it says 12 shades from porcelain to caramel I have the shades vanilla, light beige and sand
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I will do trudi :)
and if your a natural beige they have that shade in their selection they have quite a few beige it starts if nude,warm nude,light beige, natural beige & warm beige. Hope this helps.
My friend sent me the samples from the USA last week she knew I wanted to buy this foundation & popped in the sample pack.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i usually end up matching to a soft beige kinda shade. 

thanks chick.  I wonder if I can pick up samples in Myer or something - can't remember if it's stocked in Sephora
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It's in Sephora :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
In the Sydney one though...?  I know they had Kat von D and I'm super keen for that but I can't rememebr Too Faced.  I got my Too Faced blush in Myer.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Ahhhh right gotcha Idk about that then maybe Myer is your go or that other makeup outlet they have over there thats highend ? I can't remeber now. It'll come to me sooner or later lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
David Jones?  I should have a couple days to explore before I commit.  I won't though, I'll just buy lol.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yes David Jones and Mecca lol Idk if that Sydney based though. And omg are you off again on a airplane. You're such a traveler. So awesome
trudijoy
8375 posts
There's a Mecca in Newmarket lol.  There is a Mecca in one of the department stores I think too.

Yeah I'm presenting at a conference in Sydney, but then I change jobs a few weeks after that so probably no more freebies for a few months.  I'm happy to pay for my own trips lol... thinking Waitangi weekend and Easter for the next couple.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Wow Trudi you're a real go getter. This I like a woman with a career but with passion to do what it is she likes. Well done you.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks xx.  I worked really hard as a teacher to create a career path and it's taken me in a whole new direction, and now it's taking me out of the classroom.  I'm really proud of my career because I carved it out of an interest I had (in Japan) and have put my hand up for the right opportunities.

Anyone can do that if they have the drive to do so I reckon.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Ahhhh YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH.
You also created your own career path. Xxxx inspiration
trudijoy
8375 posts
thank you k3ri xx naw warm fuzzies <3
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
You're welcome. X righto have a nice evening beautifuls I'm off to slumber
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Hey, just saw that Sephora has an online matching tool, and it seems pretty good! You just simply chose a foundation that you have been using and it will colour match you to other foundations on their site. One of which is the too faced one

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!