Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fit Me Foundation

17 posts, 15 members
Does any body else's fitme go all shiny? What is causing it. Is it a foundation I should just skip as I am sick of touching it up with powder. I have tried powder under it etc Still wont sit longer then a few hours which sucks because I loved the coverage :/
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I find this happens to me with my Garnier BB Cream; even though I've moisturised. My skin is normal to combination, I only get oilness in my t-zone. Is yours all over or just on certain parts of your face? I hear great things about translucent setting powders though, I have'n't tried any myself though.Keen to hear about what other ladies do to combat the oiliness?
I think it's the foundation. I found it to be super oily and shiny also made me break out.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I totally found the same thing with the FitMe foundation! Did not like it at all. I ended up just chucking my bottle out because I hated the formula so much :(
cushlaH5
178 posts
the foundation is absolutely terrible! sorry to say i tried to love it but i just cant
kirstysays
762 posts
Geez this foundation doesn't sound like a goodie...note to self...avoid lol
Macs
5351 posts
I havent tried it yet. Ive got my eye on that Maybelline Superstay. Might buy that if the reviews are good.
Kia
550 posts
Yep same thing happens to me. Do not like this foundation at all! Such a waste of money
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Crazy that so many people hate this! I actually don't mind this foundation, really like the finish. It doesn't last for eveeerr but then again I'm pretty sure it doesnt claim to be longwearing. Have you guys tried powdering it? I use Rimmel Stay Matte in the shade transluscent 
cushlaH5
178 posts
yes ive used powders, primers,setting spray. after i realised how crap it was i got doublewear and im never looking back!
emzor
143 posts
Ive tried both the Fit Me foundation and the powder and was less than impressed with both of them.  I never suffer from shine on my skin, but did really badly with the foundation and the powder just caked everything up.  Yuck! I really want to try out the Maybelline Superstay though, but I am a little scared to try another new foundation and have it be a fail!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've been eyeing this one up for a while now, after reading the mixed bag of reviews on here (some of which were no help whats so ever!! lol) I'm seeing that its an oiled based foundation? so would be great for dry skin amongst us, but not so much for the oily skin ones as it'll slide off.....Hmmm perhaps I'm just going to have to treat myself at the end of the month if they have it in my local Farmers as I want to know now if it'll be any good for my arid dry skin at the moment =)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I got the fit me foundation on sale for $5 at the supermarket, so cheep enough to try and throw out if it wasn't any good. So it doesn't last all day, but I find it does not to bad a job, coverage is good, good for dry skin. I put a bit of powder on top and it's good to go:) so for me personally a great $5 spent
I tried the foundation and it also made my skin oily and didn't stay on very long i still use the Fit me concealer and powder with a bb cream. 
kstah21
127 posts
The thing with the Fit me foundation is you NEED a really good primer.  I was told a Silocon base primer would work best with it and 'help' it last a little longer than the average bear.  you could try that?? :)
MicheleC
419 posts
It's such a pain when a purchase turns out to be a lemon. It adds weight to getting a sample pot to ensure it works for a particular skin.

I wonder what the general response would be from Department Stores if a person asked to fill a little sample pot (supply your own) to take home and test. I think I might test this thought out soon - as I have some small pots of my own. 
 I hate it I am glad I am not alone. It was making me feel pretty bad :P I have been hearing about estee Lauder I think. but cannot remember what the foundation was called. And that sounds pretty good :) might have to try that out I think!! Over trying to find a good foundation. Alot of the time I do find a nice one it ends up not working as good after a week or so. I have no idea why lol -_-

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!