Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Facial hair threading tool

16 posts, 10 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Has anyone got (or have used) one of those little spring shaped facial threading tools similar to this one

I'm keen to keen to try one but want to know if it works and if it's worth purchasing. There are quite a few different brands but they all seem to look and work the same way (spring body with silicone handles that get twirled between the fingers). 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
wow! ok, I want one of these now - where does one find them? Pharmacy? online? Help a rural chick out!

thanks!!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The only place I've seen them is on TradeMe and Amazon.  

If anyone knows of anywhere else to get them, please let us know.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried it before. I did see one at the mount manganui shopping mall. Theres a pop up shop that sells them in there. Are you going to try it?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'd be keen to hear how that works out if you do get one. I think pulling out the hairs is easier on your skin than waxing when it comes to your upper lip but gosh it's the painful part of my body to yank hairs out of individually. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Eek - looks painful to me!
Kimrose
1416 posts
I thought the same thing Maree, I watched the video, she was so funny [and it did hurt]
ragingfrog
1289 posts
A new gadget to remove hair. Looks painful and probably is. I will skip this one, tweezers and an epilator are enough.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I was going to try one of these as I heard good things but ended up going for laser hair removal instead. Happy with the results and probably a lot less painful in the long run. 
Macs
5351 posts
Oh Im dreaming of laser removal worldofsoozie. Does it hurt?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, the one I get sprays out a very fine spray of water (not that you can notice it) to cool the skin down. So it only hurts for seconds. It's more like a rubber band being pinged on you. It takes minutes and by the time I've left the clinic, any pain is long forgotten. The place I go to does great specials so I reckon it will work out cheaper than threading. I was so impressed that I also getting underarms done which is amaaaaaazing! Now I want my legs doing as well but even with the discount, that is really expensive. 
Macs
5351 posts
I think I could handle that. Would save me lots instead of paying for threading, waxing every so often. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's what I figured too, Macs as only takes about 8 treatments a couple of months apart to be permanent. 
Lutece
1849 posts
Wow these look awesome, I wonder if they work! Let us know if you buy one please :D
JessB
219 posts
Ok not what I was picturing! I've gotten my eyebrows threaded before at a salon and it was quick and maybe just a little more painful than waxing. However, I'd be willing to try threading on my upper lip before I wax it! 
My routine has been using a Nair hair removal 3 step product; first cleaning and priming the area, second using hair removal gel to remove the hair, and third moisturize. I found it very useful the first 2-3 times (used about every 3 months or so), but after that it actually gave me burns really fast! So am on the look out for something new. Perhaps this is it.. 
I've had friends do IPL and it seems like a very good long-term solution, but I worry about the cost. 
JessB
219 posts
Though the spring tool in the video does look like it would be painful!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!