Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bourjois cosmetics in NZ

35 posts, 28 members
astylecollector
204 posts
Hey everyone, this is my first ever post here but I thought I'd start off with the most recent thing I found today which is Bourjois cosmetics now available at Farmers!

I have been a big fan of Bourjois cosmetics since I have ordered it off from Asos. I love the Healthy Mix serum for every day use, Healthy Mix foundation for more coverage and the Healthy Balance powder is my holy grail powder.

Bourjois have great makeup products that aren't too expensive so I was really suprised to find them at my local Farmers. I believe it came out recently but I didn't any news or press about it at all.

I was wondering if any of you have heard about it? And also, what are your favourite Bourjois Paris products? I'm keen to try more!

1139 posts
Welcome to BR! :)

I haven't tried any Bourjois products but I've been wanting to try the Healthy Mix foundation for ages. The powder sounds great too.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Welcome!

I love Bourjois! I'm excited for them to be properly in NZ. I love the healthymix foundation, I have a beautiful blush from them too. Apparently (according to Wayne Goss) the blushes are made at the same place as the Chanel ones. I also love their Rouge Edition Velvets, you should check out the reviews on here :)
astylecollector
204 posts
Thank you!

I swear by their Healthy Mix foundations. I have quite a lot of other foundations and I have neglected them since trying both Healthy Mix foundation and Healthy Mix serum. The powder was the first Bourjois product I've tried and I have loved it ever since. I'm glad NZ is slowly getting more products in and more makeup brands are more accessible.

I also heard the Health Balance powder is a dupe for Chanel. I don't have any Chanel to compare it to but it's the best one I've tried.

P.S. to Elena, I love your blog and I instantly followed you on Wordpress! I recently started blogging on it too and it's good to find more NZ bloggers. :)
MareeB
5239 posts
I've never heard of them, but I will have a look next time I'm in Farmers, thanks for the tip xx
Macs
5351 posts
oo can't wait to have a look at this new range. I love trying new products. Thank you for sharing
taylor_bexy
22 posts
I love being able to hear about the new products, Will have to have a look and be noisy as it wasn't one brand I am familiar with, do you know what kind of price range they roughly sit at??
taylor_bexy
22 posts
I love being able to hear about the new products, Will have to have a look and be noisy as it wasn't one brand I am familiar with, do you know what kind of price range they roughly sit at??
1139 posts
Thanks angelax0! I'm following you as well, I also love reading NZ blogs :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
hi :) welcome
i have heard of this brand before but have never tried it, but now it's here I'll keep my eye out for it. Always keen to try something new.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Welcome to BR ????

I've used Bourjois for years when I lived in the UK, their designs were awesome especially the single eyeshadow and blush pots looking like little pill boxes. I've still got a couple of their shadows and blushes that I picked up in England 2 years ago as well as their chocolate bronzer. Coverage is awesome and although my small farmers won't stock it I will be filling up on them when at the city.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Oh can't wait to try this range, will definitely have a look when I'm next in farmers
Jesse
745 posts
And once again I'm off eyeing up Products! I really want to try the Healthy Mix foundation, I wish one of the Farmers here stocked it since I'm wary of buying foundation online unless Im confident of my shade.
astylecollector
204 posts
My local Farmers didn't have any prices up and I didn't have the time to ask but my sister was at a different mall (Albany Mall in Auckland) and she said they have their prices on display and the foundations were around $40. I'm not too sure about the rest.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I've personally never tried Bourjours but iv heard good things about the brand, so will be excitied to give it a try if my farmers stocks it (fingers crossed). I have to say, it seems like the farmers range is getter bigger and better with more brands being stocked, which is awesome to see
RachLouise
218 posts
I have been dying to try their foundation! I wish it was available in NZ. I do have their chocolate bronzer which I use everyday. Im excited to see Bourjois is now avaliable in NZ but its going to take a long time before its avaliable where I live. We dont even have essence cosmetics yet.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I'm also dying to try there foundation and also there bronzer sue to hearing great things about it. But doubt my farmers be getting a stand as I'm still waiting on essence to be sold there. But Oh well
SandyGedge
394 posts
Welcome to Beauty Review :-) I haven't heard of this brand (I live under a rock haha) looking forward to hearing more about it.
Koni
444 posts
Hiya Angela great to see your first post is the start of a thread :-)

I own a couple of the Bourjois blushers (ASOS) and Sweet Kiss Naturel lipsticks (NZSale - think these lippies are discontinued). I really enjoy the blushers because they're packed full of colour so a little goes a long way and they leave a nice matte finish. There is a strong scent of musk talcum powder but once applied you can't smell anything.

I'm quite interested in this healthy mix serum you're talking about so here's hoping they cater to darker skin tones too :-)
sam_clarkson
205 posts
oohh how exciting, I was just looking at some of their stuff on ASOS yesterday.

I want to try the foundation also- I think I have heard Shaaanxo mention that it is a sister company or something like that to chanel so the products are very similar?

cant wait to go and have a nosy through farmers
charly
456 posts
Ooo... New brand to try. Thanks for the heads up!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Oh, never heard of them, thank you. I just joined up for my farmers card, I can see this becoming an expensive habit lol
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
This is SO exciting for me. I want their Healthy Mix foundation and powder cos I've heard great things about them from Amelia Liana and Tati.
astylecollector
204 posts
If they don't appear in your local Farmers, you can always try Asos. I've never been disappointed ordering products off Asos and it's free shipping. All my Bourjois products have been from there and they will still be cheaper than Farmers. If you catch them on sale they're usually 20% off on the site too. :)
Cat
474 posts
It's great to see brands expanding to NZ. I have mixed feelings with Bourjois, I tried a few products years ago. I tried the Healthy Mix Serum foundation, it smelt fantastic, nice and fruity, but it seemed to have very very low coverage on me. The powder bronzer that looks like chocolate was really nice. The liquid liner pen was good but dried up really quick and had a bit of an issue of the felt tip drying out while applying even when it was new, I'd have to shake it and keep it pointing down to keep the liquid in the tip! I have/had (not sure if i still have it) a cream to powder blush. I brought it thinking it would be a nice creamy blush but wasn't quite what I was hoping for with its powdery finish. And finally I have their cream bronzer, it's meant to be a dupe for the Chanel cream bronzer. It smells really sweet and blends nicely. 

Be interesting to see price comparisons with the UK. 
simone94
191 posts
I haven't tried any products from this brand before but just purchased the healthy mix foundation and concealer from feelunique for $25 with free postage. Will be great to have this brand more readily available.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Yay this is really exciting! I have a few Bourjois things I have bought off Asos, including a gorgeous peachy cream blush. 
Kia
550 posts
They dont stock Bourjois in my local farmers, but it's cheaper online via Asos or FeelUnique anyways! I do love their foundation, and mascaras and general makeup, except I wasnt too pleased with their contour powder, or their nail polishes
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
That's such a funny coincidence, I only just came across brand in a blog this week and would also love to try their Healthy Mix foundation.  By chance I also came across a small number of their products this morning on NZ's Mighty Ape! - Bourjois Products | at Mighty Ape

I also heard they're a sister brand to Chanel?!
alikat
423 posts
Ooooh I need to find a Farmers store that stocks this brand! So many of their products I've seen on YouTube that I want to try - and yes, Bourjois is owned by the same family that owns Chanel. It's all very incestuous at a corporate level. Remember, Louis Vuitton owns Sephora, Benefit, Marc Jacobs, Dior, Makeup For Ever... just to name a few! 
Danni
324 posts
This is fantastic news! However I will probably continue to purchase off ASOS cause its cheaper! I love the healthy mix foundation its my holy grail :P I also love the bronzer and it smells amazing! Bourjois is my favourite brand next to Rimmel, I have quite an easy taste in makeup :)
astylecollector
204 posts
For those living in Auckland/North Shore, I know that Takapuna, Albany and Glenfield mall Farmers all have Bourjois cosmetics. The Albany and Glenfield have their prices too.

They are not as cheap compared to if you buy them off Asos. I would probably still buy them off Asos too because they go on sale and about 20% off the price and free shipping but if at least we can now check swatches in store. I've swatched some of the blushes and eyeshadows in store and they were smooth to the skin and were pigmented. I'm keen to try them next!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really want to try their foundations if I can find a shade that suits my skintone. Their serum foundation caught my eye since I love serums.
MicheleC
419 posts
Oohh! Can't wait to browse next time I am in Farmers. Now I just need to find one that has it?!!  Thanks for the heads up!
alikat
423 posts
Anyone know if Manukau or Botany have this line? I doubt my local in Papakura will - they're fairly useless at getting anything new and interesting. And how do the prices compare to whats on ASOS? Anyone have any prices? Particularly the chocolate bronzer and blush exclusif. Thanks.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!