Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Body Shop Matte Bronzer

28 posts, 10 members
simone94
191 posts
Hi there, I have recently been in looking into different bronzers as I have never really used one before. I have super fair skin and bronzers typically look orange on me. I have read some good reviews on makeupalley about the body shop matte bronzer and could not find any reviews about the product on here. I was wondering if any of you had tried it? or could recommend other bronzers for super fair skin?
chloednz
217 posts
I've tried a fair few in my time but Benefit Hoola has been the best for me so far (I am fair also). I have heard good things about the honeycomb body shop bronzer also, but sorry I havent tried it myself.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm really new to bronzers.  I got the SAX one in the vault, and I'm really liking it.  I also have Benefit Sugarbomb and Hoola.  I haven't started using the Hoola yet, but the Sugarbomb is really muted and subtle - I'm not sure how much of a 'bronzer' it is but it's pretty
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have it and I love it! It is my everyday bronzer because it is so easy to use because it is so light I don't find myself having to spend lots of time blending it because it looks natural. I have had it for ages and only made a slight dip in it. Would definitely recommend it for paler ladies.

I think Chikoboo has it too :) but not sure of her opinion on it.
MareeB
5241 posts
The only bronzer I use is the Designer Brands Mosaic Bronzer and I quite like that. I'm a rank amateur with bronzing and contouring though!!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I think the hoola bronzer would  be perfect for your skintone, it really is a lovely colour, and formulation for lighter skin tones. Plus Benefit cosmetics is having some products on sale at the moment, which include the bronzer being sold in a few sets, at a tempting price. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Depends how super pale someone is Binary Beauty! I found Hoola too dark for me in the end and got rid of it!!! You are so right though it is a beautiful product so would recommend one of those kits to anyone who wanted to try it.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Really kirstyj? Thats good to know. I suppose the biggest issue with me is things being to light for my skintone, never think about it being the other way around! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Have you seen the new Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow for deeper skins Binary Beauty? It looks so awesome for deeper skintones. Wayne Goss did a review and it looks so good.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yes i have seen it Kirstyj, and it looks stunning! But... i only just brought the original one, and it was so expensive, i really don't know if i can justify buying this one aswell. Atleast not yet anyway. It look stunning!  (by the way, i have seen you mention Wayne Goss every now and again, and i need to blame you for my new youtube addiction. His tutorials... speechless!
simone94
191 posts
Thanks for the opinions ladies, I think I will allow myself to buy it next payday. I really wanted some opinions on it as the nearest store is a two hour drive away so I cant just go instore to see it, will have to purchase online.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Just been looking at the palette some more KirstJ, and it is stunning! I think i need it. I also saw a CT cream palette which is part of the limited edition collection. It looks lovely aswell, but a bit expensive
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm so glad you like him BinaryBeauty! He is my favourite for actual reviews that I know are unbiased and tutorials that actually teach you something. In one of the very first videos that I watched of his he said it was so easy for youtubers to make the makeup look good when they are so beautiful already but what he teaches is for everyone to look the best versions of themselves... and I have been watching him ever since.

So what do you think of the bronze and glow so far (I have so many Charlotte Tilbury things on my want list at the moment)?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Wayne goss.. is amazing! I will be forever grateful for you for showing me the light that is Wayne Goss. I was getting sick of watching youtubers just promoting products they are affiliated with, and doubting if anything they say is genuine.

As for the Charlotte Tilbury bronze and glow...well i have been waiting for BR to add the product before i review it, but here is my unoffical review.. or a sneak peak

The packaging is freaking stunning, like seriously i would put this in a frame. The formulation of the highlighter and the bronzer are lovely. They arent powdery or anything, so easy to blend aswell. The bronzer isnt overly pigmented, but it has a lovely colour to it, and a slight sheen (not matte) which gives an amazing glowly contour and bronze (even on darker skintones like mine, but the look is more subtle ofcourse). The highlighter is... stunning! And it works so well with the bronzer! Once agin, more subtle on my skintone but so. gosh.darn. pretty!
What other Charlotte Tilbury items are you looking at KirstyJ? 

kirstyj
1732 posts
Argh, I was already sold... but now I really really want it.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
If you lived near me i would let you borrow it and have a play around so you could try it before you brought it
Oh, and here is the link to the other palette i found. It looks amazing 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh I like that BinaryBeauty! Although I feel like it would look much better on you than me :)

(We need a BR get together from all over NZ so we can swatch each others products :) )
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm imagining a BR party that's a little like the pre runway stuff on project runway - all hairstylists and makeup artists everywhere.

Except for in my head we all have champagne, yummy lil canape's, tables of other product to play with, and the BR crew all have pixie wings and tiaras lol
kirstyj
1732 posts
Yes! Trudijoy! And you will be able to buy the product there if you want too... like enabling in person. And there will be goodybags like the BRBB :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
yep!  everything is in trial sizes to start with too, and then the full sizes at a BR discount if you review it!
AmyPearl777
11 posts
What does everyone think of NARS Laguna as a bronzer for pale skin - I'm in this boat also! Seems like taking a look in The Body Shop will be what I'll be doing tomorrow. :D
chikoboo
3402 posts
I hear ya! I have very fair skin and find that bronzers make me look like I have been playing in mud puddles no matter how light the bronzer I get.  However, I did get the Body Shop matte bronzer in light (the one in the brown case with the honeycomb effect on it and the powder on the inside) and love it, it has a more cool tone to it than a orange that I find with other bronzers.   Like Kirsty said about the Hoola I get that as well, it just looks dirty on my skin.  NARS Lacuna is great though, again I think it is because of it's cool tone rather than warmth.   I also steer clear of any with hints of shimmer in it as it just looks gross and really stands out on my skin.
Macs
5351 posts
I love bronzers, they give a warm glow to your face. I've only tried sax and sleek. I'd love to try some of those bronzers you ladies have mentioned.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I've been into Too Faced bronzers lately, high end I know! I bought a trio recently and am saving for the Black Book of bronzers. But an amazing, super affordable bronzer for fair skin tones in the Sun Club matte bronzer. I accidentally picked up the one for darker skintones but it looks beautiful on my skin which is super weird!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
TraineeMua, you need to get your hands on that bronzer wardrobe and fast! It is amazing. I have to admit, some of the bronzers are a bit light for my skintone, which isnt a suprise. But for lighter skintones, this is worth every penny! 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I think I'll keep the darker ones for my kit once I start training! Chocolate Soleil and Snow Bunny are my life right now in my little trio.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!