By BR Kellie
What do you put on your face every day before heading out the door? A little BB Cream? A bit of blush? Mascara? Lippy? Is it drug store prices? Department store prices? The kind of price that would have a bank manager going purply-red in the face? A bit of a mix?
The reason this is being pondered? Recently I watched a video where YouTuber Chloe Morelloe slapped over $3500 worth of makeup on her face.
My jaw did drop to the floor. After I picked it up and wired it back in, I started to wonder... Sure, her video wasn't a day-to-day makeup video, it was more to see how expensive she could make her face, BUT it did make me wonder how much money went on my face on an average day. So the next day I did my makeup and set aside the products used. Then I got the calculator out...
Welcome to my daily face:
- Primer: Becca First Light Priming Filter - $72
- Colour Corrector: Cover FX Correct Click 'Green' - USD$18/NZD$25.88
- Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville - $74
- Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - $22.49
- Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light - $72
- Blush: MAC Sweet Vision Magic Dust Powder - $56
- Highlighter: Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - $12.99
- Eyeshadow: ABH x Mario The Master Palette - USD$45/NZD$64.69
- Mascara: L'Oreal Paris False Lash Butterfly Wings - $27.99
- Finishing powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light - $72
- Lipstick: MAC Twig - $40
- Setting spray: Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray - $39.99
The grand total? $580.03.
Giddy aunt. If you'd asked me how much I thought my daily face would cost I would've thought maybe $300, tops. That's not even including the pre-makeup skincare prep, which would come to roughly $120. Taking the full face up to $700.
I mean, really? How crazy is that? Sure, it's not $3,500 worth of crazy, but it's a lot of money to be slapping on one's face. Also, totally worth it. But it got us wondering... what kind of cash are our Beauty Review members flashing on their face? Are beauties in Kaikoura more spendy than those in Napier? Does cool and collected Wellington go for less is more compared to the City of Sails? To know this, our beauties, we need YOUR help!
Hit the link and tell us what your face is worth!