Article by BR Natalie
We've all been there - we've used a product, we want to review it (and earn some points for the Beauty Vault) but we can't think what to say! Well rather than write a review that's not overly useful (and run the risk of it making it's way to the Moderator's desk) you can now stimulate that writer's block with this check list!
For (almost) every product you can discuss...
1. Consistency - is it thick, creamy, watery, light?
2. Application - is it easy to apply? If there's an applicator, is it effective?
3. Fragrance - what does it smell like? How long does the smell last?
4. Coverage - how much do you need to get the job done?
5. Longevity - does the product last as long as it claims? How does the product stand up against your lifestyle?
6. Usage - how long does the product last you? Is it economical?
7. Price - how does it compare to similar products? Is it worth the money?
8. Packaging - is it aesthetically pleasing? Does the packaging work for the product, ie does it have a pump, is the lid secure?
9. Results - after using the product as specified does it do what it claims? What results did you see?
10. What skin/hair type you have - how does the product work for this? Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
11. Would you recommend it - A great way to sum up a review is to ask yourself, "Would I recommend it to a friend?"
For all trial products sent by us, filling in the tips section is now mandatory. If you're struggling to think of tips think of how you made (or tried to make) the product work for you. Did you use a different method to apply the product? Did you use another product to compliment or enhance the results?
Our How to Write a Great Review article is full of great advice to make your reviews useful - and we highly recommend reading it for tips on the whole review process.
We've introduced the ability for members to rate reviews - under every review you'll be asked "Was this review useful to you?" and you can choose - Yes or No. Our Beauty Boffins are working hard to introduce the option to sort reviews by Most Useful - so your one click really will help members and the site. You've read the review, now go on - click and rate it!
As always, we'd like to thank all of you for contributing to the site and making Beauty Review the best site for NZ reviews.