Poll posted by BR Natalie
Body lotions are often left on the bathroom shelf and only used when we remember, or if we notice a part of our body being more dry than usual. They're also a bit of an underrated product - they make our skin smooth, but can they really bring anything else to the table?
Just like our face, the skin covering the rest of our body benefits from TLC and from products that target it's issues. We should pay attention to the key ingredients in our body products just as we would for our face, and pick ingredients that will best fit our skin's needs.
There are so many reasons to use a body lotion so it's not surprising it can take testing a few products to find the one perfect for you. So what are the benefits of a good body lotion?
- To re-hydrate dried skin - it doesn't matter if its Summer or Winter, our skin needs hydration. Dry skin flakes, chaps and cracks and can become irritated easily. A moisturising lotion used daily will help soften and prevent further chafings.
- To replenish extra dry or rough spots on the skin - elbows, knees, feet - they're all prone to being dry or rough. Daily moisturising with a replenishing lotion can soften out these rough spots.
- To feel good and relax - Nothing feels lovlier on tired and aching limbs than a nice, cool body lotion (except maybe having someone else to rub the lotion in!).
- To smell good - ok we have deodorants, fragrances, body sprays, so why use a lotion to smell good? A subtle, all over smell that isn't going to have your loved ones gasping for air!
We're putting the gorgeous Evolu Smoothing Body Lotion to the test. Combining active botanicals this lotion will refine, soften and hydrate your skin, improving surface texture and promoting healthy circulation.
It's especially suitable for dry skin and targeting problem areas such as elbows, knees and heels, this lightweight lotion is readily absorbed, leaving your skin feeling smooth, softened and refreshed, with a divine natural scent and no oily after-feel.
The natural ingredients are expertly chosen and combined together create a body lotion that is anything but ordinary.
- New Zealand pure spring water
- Pure essential oils of Sweet Orange to rejuvenate and renew the skin.
- New Zealand Kanuka brings anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
- Lemon cools and purifies.
- Lime is detoxifying and offers anti water-retention
- Ylang Ylang is balancing and soothing
- Sweet Almond and Avocado are rich in nutritive vitamins.