Waste not, want not. Isn't that how the adage goes? Now I don't want to bleat on in a #firstworldproblems manner, but as a member of the Beauty Crew I go through a lot of products. And by go through I mean, try and move on.
Seriously, I haven't finished a shampoo or moisturiser, nail polish, or, well, anything, before I'm being asked what I think of the next. In the words of our Head Pixie, Kellie, I am a product tart.
Well in 2018 that is going to change. Well not the product tart bit, but the half empty bottles, sitting unused part. I've been doing some research and asking our resident moderator and frugral Franny, Elaine what I can do with product leftovers so they don't go to waste.
Here's 7 magnificent ideas.
- Fill your 'empty' conditioner bottle with clean, warm water and shake. Pour it into a spray bottle and what do you get? Homemade detangling spray!
- Don't throw away 'almost' empty shampoos, conditioners, body washes. Decant in to travel containers for trips away from home.
- If you've got a shampoo that doesn't work for your hair, use it to wash your delicates, woolens and handwash items.
- Bring an old nail polish back to life with a few drops of acetone nail polish remover.
- If you've got a conditioner that doesn't work for your hair, use it in place of shaving cream, for a smooth shave and even smoother legs.
- Mix the last little bit of your lipstick with a little 8 Hour Cream or a clear lip balm for the perfect lip tint.
- Use the last of your favourite fragrance to make a solid perfume. Melt some coconut oil and add the fragrance. Stir and pour in to an old lip balm pot. Pop in the fridge to solidify. Voila!